Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Margaritaville Resort & Island H20 Live Water Park

There’s literally another water park being built in Orlando but not much coverage.

Jimmy needs to make with some free cruises.

But kidding aside:
(1) To casual observers, it looks more like a resort feature than a stand-alone theme park
(2) Disney and HHN drive clicks--other things may be more popular in real world numbers, but online, those are king.

Last edited:
Jimmy needs to make with some free cruises.

But kidding aside:
(1) It looks more like a resort feature than a stand-alone theme park
(2) Disney and HHN drive clicks--other things may be more popular in real world numbers, but online, those are king.
While I think you're right about it being a resort feature, i'm sure they will also sell single day tickets as well.

While I think you're right about it being a resort feature, i'm sure they will also sell single day tickets as well.

There are, and very reasonable Annual Passes (like $75 presale). I meant appearance-wise. Tried to edit to make that point clearer.

It just looks kind of generic when you drive by. The slides look short and the fact they're right up against a 6-lane highway isn't exactly an enticement to a tropical oasis. Maybe when some landscape goes in it will be more appealing, but right now it looks like Chester & Hester's waterslides in a parking lot.

It just looks kind of generic when you drive by. The slides look short and the fact they're right up against a 6-lane highway isn't exactly an enticement to a tropical oasis. Maybe when some landscape goes in it will be more appealing, but right now it looks like Chester & Hester's waterslides in a parking lot.
THIS.

They had all that land to work with, why on earth didn’t they situate this near the lake or in the center of the property? I’m guessing they figured putting it right by the road will entice people to come check it out, but atmosphere is huge, and this seriously lacks it being blocked in by roads.

THIS.

They had all that land to work with, why on earth didn’t they situate this near the lake or in the center of the property? I’m guessing they figured putting it right by the road will entice people to come check it out, but atmosphere is huge, and this seriously lacks it being blocked in by roads.

I don't think it would be too much of a problem if they do it right. Volcano Bay is right up against Turkey Lake Road and I-4, yet you can hardly tell from inside the park.

I still think most of you can't stop thinking about this like a Disney-level water park. This is meant to be just a notch or two above the local "public" water parks that have been popping up in small and mid-sized cities the past decade or so (a few slides, a wave/float pool, and maybe a lazy river). It isn't meant to compete with or be like a Disney, or even a Six Flags/Cedar Fair water park. The prices make it pretty clear what this is, and its location and styling fit it.

THIS.

I assume marketing, and the general idea that people who pay $300k for a vacation townhouse don't want to be woken up by screaming kids at 9 am on a Saturday.

Buffet's name will bring people. A slightly more affordable price tag will entice a lot of the Orange Lake crowd (and possibly locals, even blocked out CMs). And it's a nice selling point to sell/rent those overpriced vacation homes. This will be fine.

I came across this and hadn’t seen it before. It’s not really Margaritaville so I apologize if it’s a little off topic. It seems like a natural extension of the Margaritaville development though and should add some extra competition and growth to this already growing area. Also it interesting just how close this gets to DAKL, I wonder if Disney will build a fence to keep guests from just walking over to all this shopping and dining.:lol:

acre-commercial | WATERSTAR ORLANDO

I'm kind of excited for the water park. I read an article a few days ago that said it would have an adults-only area, a feature usually only seen on cruise ships. Also they are going to use a band system similar to TapuTapu. I also read that guests will seem to get rewarded the more times you visit? Looking forward to hearing more as it develops.

I came across this and hadn’t seen it before. It’s not really Margaritaville so I apologize if it’s a little off topic. It seems like a natural extension of the Margaritaville development though and should add some extra competition and growth to this already growing area. Also it interesting just how close this gets to DAKL, I wonder if Disney will build a fence to keep guests from just walking over to all this shopping and dining.:lol:

acre-commercial | WATERSTAR ORLANDO

Your post / that link to the map really is interesting. Literally next to AKLodge car park!

Not sure how much development that corner of 192 and 429 can take, but apparently Lafayette's (same chain as in Pointe Orlando) is opening a second location in Margaritaville.

Because I'm a weirdo, I contacted them to get a price list for the cottages.

Maintenance fees: $370-470/month (park-view/water-view) + $150/month for hotel amenity access
Cottage prices: All over the map. Anywhere from ~360k for a 3bed/3bath to ~1M for a 8bed/9bath. There's SO MANY floor plans in this place. 3beds seem to be around 1300-1500 sq ft to give a very rough idea on size. There's so much variance though.

Here's a link to floor plans for any other people interested.

Because I'm a weirdo, I contacted them to get a price list for the cottages.

Maintenance fees: $370-470/month (park-view/water-view) + $150/month for hotel amenity access
Cottage prices: All over the map. Anywhere from ~360k for a 3bed/3bath to ~1M for a 8bed/9bath. There's SO MANY floor plans in this place. 3beds seem to be around 1300-1500 sq ft to give a very rough idea on size. There's so much variance though.

Here's a link to floor plans for any other people interested.
360k for 3 bed/3bath is pretty reasonable I feel

Filing this under "retirement plans"

If you buy a cottage, I assume you can put it on Airbnb or rent it out?
I’m not 100% sure if you can or not, but they have their own rental system in place. This is marketed as a “you buy and we’ll rent it out while your not using it” type of deal. It’s not really something you would buy to live in, it’s more the new growing alternative to timeshares.