Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Margaritaville Resort & Island H20 Live Water Park

Cheaper than building your own park for a few years if you need to throw everything and limited contractors into a new main gate, I doubt Disney at all cares.
I’m not saying Disney would care or not. I’m just saying this park is in no way convenient for UOR guests.

Also, do you really think UOR really wants to be sending people up to Disney’s neck of the woods? It just makes no sense and I’d bet A LOT of money that it won’t happen.

They’re starting to implement a few discounts, including their Early Bird Special. Tickets are only $25 at the booth if you arrive before 11:00 am (Mon-Thurs). At that price point, I’m willing to give it a shot.

Can anyone update on how the wearable tech is working?

So far from what I’ve seen it’s gotten better with the tech functionality. Creating and linking your account can be a pain and consistently getting your ride pictures as opposed to nothing or even another family’s pics is a bit troubling, but for the first month and a half it’s definitely not a bad start.

Just to note, Island H20 Live does not seem to be hitting the attendance peaks it was striving for. It consistently draws small crowds on weekends and smaller crowds on weekdays.

The two slides that were Double Person tubes only now allow Single Person Tubes. This does fix one of the major issues of the park being the lack of attractions for single riders.

They have been gradually adding more shade to the adult pool and most dining areas. I have also noticed them rolling out more minor quality of life changes to Vantage-band touchpads on slides and integration with lights and sounds.

They have begun to do movie nights on the big screen at the Wave Pool, they’ve played Wreck-It Ralph 2, Incredibles 2, and Moana so far. I’ve also seen parents buy out time on the screen to show “Happy Birthday” messages to their kids.

I’ve been to the park more than a few times and I have never seen someone go up and use the indoor “Be Live!” booths around the park. Either they need to better explain what those things are or they were a big waste of money.

Haven't been to the park since August, went back today for President's Day. It's pretty insane how empty the place was. Less than 250 people in the whole park, I'd estimate.

Haven't been to the park since August, went back today for President's Day. It's pretty insane how empty the place was. Less than 250 people in the whole park, I'd estimate.

Much like NBA Experience, I think they overestimate what the market will bear when you can't add on "The Disney IP Surtax."

Sometime last year, I signed up for more info on buying the condos here. Wasn’t serious, just wanted to know price points.

I’ve received several emails in the past couple weeks basically saying “we have units, call us and make a deal.”

If you’re looking for condos in the area, you might be able to get a steal.

Sometime last year, I signed up for more info on buying the condos here. Wasn’t serious, just wanted to know price points.

I’ve received several emails in the past couple weeks basically saying “we have units, call us and make a deal.”

If you’re looking for condos in the area, you might be able to get a steal.

Did they give any indication on price?

Only if you call. I don’t really want to deal with salespeople.

Sack that. I did something similar when I was looking at buying a house last year and the price was ridiculous for many reasons. Like incredibly ridiculous and I had to try and keep a straight face and make a swift exit.

I'm sort of expecting Fun Spot to open around the same time. These small, local parks i'm sure want to get open before Universal and Disney. With people cooped up in their houses for months, i'd bet that these types of places could do pretty decent by opening up first and giving people somewhere to go.

I'm sort of expecting Fun Spot to open around the same time. These small, local parks i'm sure want to get open before Universal and Disney. With people cooped up in their houses for months, i'd bet that these types of places could do pretty decent by opening up first and giving people somewhere to go.
Not to mention that they need much smaller crowds to hit breakeven anyways.