Marvel Zombies | Inside Universal Forums

Marvel Zombies

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Pleasantly surprised that this is TV-MA. I hope this is the beginning of a new chapter at Marvel where directors aren't boxed into PG-13 and can go for R-rating (or can go for TV-MA on streaming instead of TV-14 for live action) on live-action projects (if it calls for it) as well. For example, I think it's a crime that Moon Knight was TV-14. I wonder if Werewolf By Night will be TV-MA when they talk about it tomorrow...

Nuts to consider this thing will be the first true MCU (atleast as we know of) project that will be TV-MA'ed.

Hopeful this leads to more TV-MA/R rated projects, and I like what has been said of the show.

Reactions: Nick
Nuts to consider this thing will be the first true MCU (atleast as we know of) project that will be TV-MA'ed.

Hopeful this leads to more TV-MA/R rated projects, and I like what has been said of the show.
There's many things I dislike about Chapek, but he seems to be giving the green light for Disney to become known for more than just family content, in most countries actually as all of their R/MA stuff from Fox, Touchstone, FX, etc is integrated into Disney+ in most countries now. Bob Iger was very adamant when he launched Disney+ that nothing could be above PG-13/TV-14 because Disney is known as a family brand, but I think with the service about to celebrate three years, Chapek has realized Disney can't just rely on that content to compete with the big streamers like Netflix and HBO Max.

With Marvel now getting the green light to go into this territory too, that makes it very intriguing what the future might hold considering that not only will Zombies be MA, but Deadpool 3 will be R and both existing within the PG-13 confines of the MCU.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush