Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MAXPass

I wish that was available when I was there. Worth it just to not fight the opening crowds for a RSR FP.

Regular FP is still free so that's good, but for how long will it be free is the question.

Also, I think the biggest news out of this is buried in the money grab being that they are adding FP to Matterhorn. It's great to have the option of FP now for Matterhorn, but it will double the Stand-by line as I assume one of the sides will be dedicated to FP.

Regular FP is still free so that's good, but for how long will it be free is the question.

Also, I think the biggest news out of this is buried in the money grab being that they are adding FP to Matterhorn. It's great to have the option of FP now for Matterhorn, but it will double the Stand-by line as I assume one of the sides will be dedicated to FP.

I have been wondering if that is going to be a side divide or if they are just going to get rid of the single rider line.

So they are moving forward with monetizing FP. Weeeeeelllllll now.......

Isn't that a new wrinkle
To all those that said Disney would NEVER monetize the FP system.
tumblr_mxza17IiQY1qf9mevo1_500.gif

^^^^^^^^

Yeah, give me another hit off that dust pipe will you? When it comes to money no rock will be left in place and not just on the east coast

Idk, with 3 person cars, it's one of the rides that needs single rider the most.

I agree entirely, but both sides are different experiences and there is very little queue space in that area, so cutting out the single rider line seems like a viable (though shortsighted) option. I would hate them doing so, but then again as of this announcement (with too few details) I currently dislike what they are trying to implement anyways, so I am obviously not the audience they are going after. Given the high locals population, I am curious to see how this goes over with the fanbase.

This is the worst system that they could have for someone like myself as you loose the advantage of knowing the system while not being someone who is willing to pay for upcharges. Also "introductory price". Gee thanks Disney.

MaxPass costing $10 shows that the simple infrastructure for MM+ is not profitable nor will regain the costs. Let alone the bands, touch points, and more.
WDW's infrastructure was in great need of replacement either way though. They just decided to monetize the infrastructure replacement.

This is the worst system that they could have for someone like myself as you loose the advantage of knowing the system while not being someone who is willing to pay for upcharges. Also "introductory price". Gee thanks Disney.

This is pretty much my thoughts as well. The only reason I'd be willing to pay is that I know I'd be screwed if I didn't.