MIB "Immigration" Tour | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

MIB "Immigration" Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah not at all, unless the attendant looks thoroughly miffed by you asking I would think no harm no foul. I think I may ask the guest services/will call booth first to gauge how my request would be met, they are generally incredibly kind and helpful. To me this kind of fits in the same kind of request as being a balloon handler or float rider. I can see both sides that it seems like something you would be asked for vs something that you need to ask for.

I know I have been asked to be in the parade at Animal Kingdom and that turned into a 30 min debate as to whether we should or shouldn't do it because we had a plan already set out. To make that long story short, poor parade person had to try to talk it up with us finally agreeing to do it and subsequently showing up late, missing it, and causing tears and more drama.

Agreed!!!! And I totally agree with legolas. If you have ever worked at a sit down restaurant before I'm sure it's the same situation as a stubborn customer asking for a specific spot even though you just sat that server before them. It's a really obnoxious thing to do although if you have been blessed by an awesome cast member who asks you, go for it

Though something has to be said for customer service. As "obnoxious" or annoying a customer is, it's your job to make them happy.

I feel like I may have been misunderstood. I have no problem with asking if something is possible and I fully intend to ask about the Immigration Tour one of the first chances I get., but I am not about to try to trick them into thinking it I am celebrating special event when it isn't. The Immigration Tour is something I have never heard of before and have only seen people on the bottom a handful of times. Universal is awesome when it comes to doing something nice for special events or even just in general and when it comes to theme parks, I feel it never really hurts to ask as long as you aren't trying to trick them.

I do have a major problem with AP holders gaming the system with special event buttons, selective giveaways, or other amenities. I generally feel bad using Fast Passes at Disney (since My Magic Disney less so) and Universal (HHN is fair game) and if there is a contest or giveaway at the park I will only try after ensuring the tourists have had a chance to do so. My general thought process is that people save up for years in order to take their families on a perfect vacation. I for sure do not want to be partially responsible for everything not working out as perfectly as it can be it a small or a big thing.

I appreciate your mindset. I'm always trying to offer others better viewing position for rides or shows since I've already been on everything countless times. For all I know the person behind be in line has never been there so I give up priority whenever possible.

I went by tonight just to see if this was actually a thing that I could do and sure enough it was! We waited maybe 5min and a team member took us down to the Immigration Room and let us run wild for a good 10min. SO EPIC! She said as long as it's quiet and there's 2 team members working out front then they'll usually do it. You have a better chance when it gets closer to park closing.

I went by tonight just to see if this was actually a thing that I could do and sure enough it was! We waited maybe 5min and a team member took us down to the Immigration Room and let us run wild for a good 10min. SO EPIC! She said as long as it's quiet and there's 2 team members working out front then they'll usually do it. You have a better chance when it gets closer to park closing.
Sounds awesome!! :)

Thank you to everyone who brought up the Immigration Tour and how to do it. Got to take my stepdaughter for her "birthday" on Saturday. I kid I kid was really her birthday. Anyways it was awesome going down there and both of them were incredibly excited to be down there. Lots of little things here and there to check out and was a great experience. All we had to do was ask and it was no big deal. Asked the guy that gave us a tour and he said they average about 6 a day or so.

The other cool part was hearing the people in line talking about how it was cool seeing some celebrity getting a tour of the park :p

Thank you to everyone who brought up the Immigration Tour and how to do it. Got to take my stepdaughter for her "birthday" on Saturday. I kid I kid was really her birthday. Anyways it was awesome going down there and both of them were incredibly excited to be down there. Lots of little things here and there to check out and was a great experience. All we had to do was ask and it was no big deal. Asked the guy that gave us a tour and he said they average about 6 a day or so.

The other cool part was hearing the people in line talking about how it was cool seeing some celebrity getting a tour of the park :p

Did you sign in the guestbook? If so, you may have seen a visit from Teddy Westside. :lol:

tumblr_mw0vzmEQOp1s0obffo4_r1_250.gif
Did you sign in the guestbook? If so, you may have seen a visit from Teddy Westside. :lol:

For us they didn't do that. We were told to request the tour after getting off the ride and then exited out the single rider line. Probably all depends on how busy they are, but I'm definitely planning on doing it again. I was so excited being down there that I missed a lot of the details just taking it all in (and of course making sure the girls got to look around)

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts