Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"It's me, Hi I'm the problem it's me" - I paid for a Individual Lightning Lane yesterday. I don't like it but it was the best option in my situation. Started in DCA yesterday so no 7:00 am drop for me. It was interesting because I was in the Parking structure waiting for it to open and at 7:00 am you heard a bunch of people honk their horns. Reminds me of the old Rise days where you had to be in the park to get a VQ and at the drop there would be a roar of excitement.

I really wanted to ride to I chose the best option to do that. And Disney know this and so my $20 went to Daddy Josh's pocket. The VQ system is terrible and I will say the Queue is huge and can hold a lot of people so I think once TT opens proper they should switch to Standby. Was the $20 worth it? Yes. The ride is absolutely fantastic and beautiful I had not been on MRRRR in Orlando so this was a new experience. I think I saw some ride throughs when it opened there but forgot mostly about it What a treat. Probably top 5 rides at the resort.

I was still going to try for the 1:00 drop but forgot about it and didn't get a BG. But I knew the ride was down for a lot of the day so it was probably Slim pickings. I know some people got a 7:00 AM boarding group and didn't get called until after 10:00 PM.

The 1 criticism of downtime is that they were selling ILL while the ride was down. So this put extended pressure on the VQ where if you had a higher boarding group the likelihood of riding was a lot lower. Compared to RIse when it opened there was no ILL pressure so it was all boarding groups. I think they should have opened the ride this way but I know Disney is addicted to your ILL $. So if you get a higher BG just know the likelihood of riding goes way down.

Why is it closed during the fireworks?
Sorry just saw this. ToonTown closes for fireworks as i believe they are launched from right behind the land

All the talk about sight lines and everyone is quiet when Disney shoves people backstage in the queue. Not the first time either. Smugglers run does it too. But hey sight lines are important
Well most of the sightline talk was people dunking on people complaining about sightlines. Would be hypocritical for them to complain about sightlines now lol. But yes, this is bad. They probably didn't bother because it'll barely be used but still

Last edited:

Wow our version is better then WDW, its small changes but make a big impact

Also I will not sit in cars 3-4....since they get shafted most the time it seems

It sounds like enough people have caught onto the VQ/LL antics that happened opening weekend for Runaway Railway. I saw on Attraction360’s Instagram story how they were able to snag one of the earlier boarding groups. They said that today’s VQs were open until 7:08 am! Hopefully they’re going to allow more VQ slots.

Reactions: Clive
I don't think I ever described my VQ experience here! TBH, I had no real desire to be at the parks that day (Saturday) other than to ride this ride, otherwise, I had other plans I wanted to do around 5pm. 6 of us tried for the 7am. No dice. Went to the park for the hopes of the later VQ. Thought for sure the LL would be sold out, but it was open for the first half for the day.

7 of us now tried for the 1pm. One of our friends literally came for this. We got a backup group (like 126). At this point, it was 1pm and they were only on group 20-30ish. It was going SLOW and constantly breaking down. The LL just moments ago was at 6:00pm so we figured maybe we should just pay for it and I could be an hour late to my plans. Checked again, it was now at 10:30pm. Nevermind.

Stuck around to about 4pm and it was barely on group 40. We figured at this rate, there would be NO chance of getting on. 7pm it closed, and it got to 70. Again, figured there's no way in 2 hours they'll get to our group. Went off to do my other plans, comfortably knowing I was glad I left. Then at 10pm, low and behold... they call ALL THE REMAINING BOARDING GROUPS AT THE SAME TIME. Like 70-130+.

How in the heck does it go from 8am-7pm for only 70 groups, but from 10pm-12am, ANOTHER 70? I was so angry.

I'll try again later this month, but this is the exact reason I DESPISE the VQ system. Granted, if I stayed at the parks, I would've praised the Disney magic for this same exact scenario to be able to go on that day. But that's the issue -- PEOPLE. NEED. TO. BE. ABLE. TO. PLAN. PROPERLY. This VQ is just an inconvenience and you have to plan your whole day around it.

I don't think I ever described my VQ experience here! TBH, I had no real desire to be at the parks that day (Saturday) other than to ride this ride, otherwise, I had other plans I wanted to do around 5pm. 6 of us tried for the 7am. No dice. Went to the park for the hopes of the later VQ. Thought for sure the LL would be sold out, but it was open for the first half for the day.

7 of us now tried for the 1pm. One of our friends literally came for this. We got a backup group (like 126). At this point, it was 1pm and they were only on group 20-30ish. It was going SLOW and constantly breaking down. The LL just moments ago was at 6:00pm so we figured maybe we should just pay for it and I could be an hour late to my plans. Checked again, it was now at 10:30pm. Nevermind.

Stuck around to about 4pm and it was barely on group 40. We figured at this rate, there would be NO chance of getting on. 7pm it closed, and it got to 70. Again, figured there's no way in 2 hours they'll get to our group. Went off to do my other plans, comfortably knowing I was glad I left. Then at 10pm, low and behold... they call ALL THE REMAINING BOARDING GROUPS AT THE SAME TIME. Like 70-130+.

How in the heck does it go from 8am-7pm for only 70 groups, but from 10pm-12am, ANOTHER 70? I was so angry.

I'll try again later this month, but this is the exact reason I DESPISE the VQ system. Granted, if I stayed at the parks, I would've praised the Disney magic for this same exact scenario to be able to go on that day. But that's the issue -- PEOPLE. NEED. TO. BE. ABLE. TO. PLAN. PROPERLY. This VQ is just an inconvenience and you have to plan your whole day around it.
Sounds like the same experience I had with RotR. Wasted a whole day, when RotR was the only reason I went. The only difference is that they never opened it back up after the last shut down.....Guessing they were able to call so many M&M groups at the end because there were probably only a handful of those people left in the park.....VQ sucks, big time.

Reactions: Clive and Freak
Went on Tuesday and got to do Runaway Railway! Stood by the app and was able to get a group promptly at 7am. Boarding group 71.

As we all know, basically the same ride as Florida barring a few small touch ups and minor layout differences. Queue is amazing. Loved how it felt like a legit retro theater. Also dug how there was a lot of love for the 90's era of Disney in the queue with all the references to the Goofy Movie and the Disney afternoon shows.

Again, the ride is pretty much a carbon copy of Florida's but it's nice to have this in our backyard. It did feel weird walking into the loading station knowing this was in my backyard. It felt like I was teleported to Florida at first. I'm glad to be able to enjoy it here without losing anything to make room for this. This is a great addition for DL and for Toontown.