Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In case you didn't know, Not So Scary sold out for every event night this whole week. I expect more party nights next year, even though this year was already the most ever.

In case you didn't know, Not So Scary sold out for every event night this whole week. I expect more party nights next year, even though this year was already the most ever.
Those party's caused a huge crowd crush at MK the days there weren't any scheduled.

Those party's caused a huge crowd crush at MK the days there weren't any scheduled.

Which is silly to me. I went yesterday (a party day) and I was pretty much able to ride every ride I wanted to. If I had gotten there at 9 AM and not gotten my daughter a haircut at the main street barber, I could have probably ridden every single ride in the park that my 42" daughter could get onto. Not to mention we did Thunder 3x, splash 2x, and Barnstormer 2x. Most people have park hoppers if they are on vacation. So they should do MK on a party day and then when doing AK, hop over to MK to do the night stuff on a non-party day.

Which is silly to me. I went yesterday (a party day) and I was pretty much able to ride every ride I wanted to. If I had gotten there at 9 AM and not gotten my daughter a haircut at the main street barber, I could have probably ridden every single ride in the park that my 42" daughter could get onto. Not to mention we did Thunder 3x, splash 2x, and Barnstormer 2x. Most people have park hoppers if they are on vacation. So they should do MK on a party day and then when doing AK, hop over to MK to do the night stuff on a non-party day.
Yes, that's what we did on three of our MK days. We did 7 to 9 rides each morning before 11:00 AM. And we went over there for the evenings on the non party nights. But the parks were so crowded those nights that you could barely walk. And forget riding unless you had a fastpass, and the fast pass lines were 15 to 20 minutes too. They kept increasing the park hours from when I checked 6 months before, then they increased the hours a month ago. And while we were there they increased the hours again. The crowds were pretty tough all around during both weeks of our vacation. Either they had that many more people than previous years or the expanded use of fastpass plus by just about everyone is sending more people into the streets and making the lines, including the fastpass ones, longer than historical numbers. Touring Plans has recorded apx. 8, ten level crowds for MK this October. They previously never had a single ten outside of Christmas weeks, Easter weeks, and summer. And the lines for the other three are also summer length long this October. They are re evaluating their whole system because of the Oct. and Sept. line times trying to figure out what's going on. If i didn't know my way around the park crowds so well, I would have had a really crappy WDW stay.

Inter
Yes, that's what we did on three of our MK days. We did 7 to 9 rides each morning before 11:00 AM. And we went over there for the evenings on the non party nights. But the parks were so crowded those nights that you could barely walk. And forget riding unless you had a fastpass, and the fast pass lines were 15 to 20 minutes too. They kept increasing the park hours from when I checked 6 months before, then they increased the hours a month ago. And while we were there they increased the hours again. The crowds were pretty tough all around during both weeks of our vacation. Either they had that many more people than previous years or the expanded use of fastpass plus by just about everyone is sending more people into the streets and making the lines, including the fastpass ones, longer than historical numbers. Touring Plans has recorded apx. 8, ten level crowds for MK this October. They previously never had a single ten outside of Christmas weeks, Easter weeks, and summer. And the lines for the other three are also summer length long this October. They are re evaluating their whole system because of the Oct. and Sept. line times trying to figure out what's going on. If i didn't know my way around the park crowds so well, I would have had a really crappy WDW stay.
Interesting. I know more people are pulling kids out of school to come down to avoid summer crowds. I also know some schools now get fall breaks. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. I also know people talk more and more about seeing the parks during holidays and visiting then. So maybe that is drawing more people in. I know Universal was crazy crowded when we went and very frustrating too.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Inter

Interesting. I know more people are pulling kids out of school to come down to avoid summer crowds. I also know some schools now get fall breaks. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. I also know people talk more and more about seeing the parks during holidays and visiting then. So maybe that is drawing more people in. I know Universal was crazy crowded when we went and very frustrating too.
Yes, TP was saying that was a factor also. The two day trips we made to Universal were pretty busy also. In fact, I didn't ride FJ cause the lines were real long every time I was in the area. TP said they were going to report back on WDW lines in a few weeks once they examine the issues more closely. They were getting a lot of subscriber complaints since their projections were so far off base for Sept. & Oct.. They also mentioned they thought WDW had cut back on attraction employees to save money, thus resulting in longer lines. It will be interesting to see their report and the adjustments they make to their 1-10 rating system. I'm just really glad that I spend time on OU, TPI, and TP. I can really get around without an app or plan because of the tips I pick up. OU isn't usually a factor since we stay on site with Express, but WDW is an absolute knowing what to do, just as you do by utilizing mornings...A small aside on tips. The first night at MK was really brutal trying to get to Main St to see Wishes. We had already used the good Frontier Land info for watching the Electrical Parade without holding a spot. So for the second night at MK we went to the B&B bridge in NFL to watch Wishes. Somebody on OU had mentioned that. Well, that was a great tip. Only a handful full of people on the bridge and the view of the fireworks was far superior to Main St. No hassle and a great experience. Thanks to the person who mentioned that.

Yes, TP was saying that was a factor also. The two day trips we made to Universal were pretty busy also. In fact, I didn't ride FJ cause the lines were real long every time I was in the area. TP said they were going to report back on WDW lines in a few weeks once they examine the issues more closely. They were getting a lot of subscriber complaints since their projections were so far off base for Sept. & Oct.. They also mentioned they thought WDW had cut back on attraction employees to save money, thus resulting in longer lines. It will be interesting to see their report and the adjustments they make to their 1-10 rating system. I'm just really glad that I spend time on OU, TPI, and TP. I can really get around without an app or plan because of the tips I pick up. OU isn't usually a factor since we stay on site with Express, but WDW is an absolute knowing what to do, just as you do by utilizing mornings...A small aside on tips. The first night at MK was really brutal trying to get to Main St to see Wishes. We had already used the good Frontier Land info for watching the Electrical Parade without holding a spot. So for the second night at MK we went to the B&B bridge in NFL to watch Wishes. Somebody on OU had mentioned that. Well, that was a great tip. Only a handful full of people on the bridge and the view of the fireworks was far superior to Main St. No hassle and a great experience. Thanks to the person who mentioned that.

Yes, knowing how to navigate the park is always a plus. I am not normally at the parks between noon and 3 PM (busy time) so I was using the app a lot to navigate to lower line rides without bouncing all over the place. It worked well. Wish the train was running, it would have majorly cut down on some walking we had to do. It was one of the first times we were in the parks without a stroller for our 4 yo, so I was trying to reduce walking and was not successful of that when I discovered the train was closed.

Yes, knowing how to navigate the park is always a plus. I am not normally at the parks between noon and 3 PM (busy time) so I was using the app a lot to navigate to lower line rides without bouncing all over the place. It worked well. Wish the train was running, it would have majorly cut down on some walking we had to do. It was one of the first times we were in the parks without a stroller for our 4 yo, so I was trying to reduce walking and was not successful of that when I discovered the train was closed.
I saw it was closing for our second week so I rode it the first week since something would seem amiss on a Disney vacation without the train ride. And they did a nice job on that new Fantasyland station. Speaking of Fantasyland, we loved the 7 Dwarfs coaster. Too short of course, but it's good for what it is. And the face projections for the dwarfs in that excellent dark section are priceless.

I saw it was closing for our second week so I rode it the first week since something would seem amiss on a Disney vacation without the train ride. And they did a nice job on that new Fantasyland station. Speaking of Fantasyland, we loved the 7 Dwarfs coaster. Too short of course, but it's good for what it is. And the face projections for the dwarfs in that excellent dark section are priceless.

Yes, I should have looked beforehand to see which rides were closed, but I didn't think about it. I am not sure how I could have done the park differently either because we got there earlier than expected (actually because of the rain we did not go swimming since it was cooler and overcast). So my original plan was scraped. So my original plan only had us doing adventure, frontier, and a little bit of Fantasy in that order.

I also liked 7 Dwarfs coaster. I am glad we only had to wait 20 minutes, because I don't think it is worth an hour or more wait. But it is a good ride. I think it added something MK needed which is a coaster between their 35" barnstormer and their 40" thunder mountain. I know for my daughter it would have been good, because there is a huge difference between kiddie coasters and Thunder Mountain. So I think she was getting bored with the kiddie coasters and this would have filled the gap nicely. Also I like the seating situation, because it allowed me to have my arms up too because I was not holding onto her. She puts her arms up and in most coaster flies all over the place so I have to hold her down. With these seats she doesn't fly around allowing us both to have our arms up. Overall it was a good experience and I liked it. I think if they fix Tomorrowland MK will be a nice well rounded park, but right now Tomorrowland brings MK down a little. We didn't even go to it other than walking out of the park at night.

Yes, I should have looked beforehand to see which rides were closed, but I didn't think about it. I am not sure how I could have done the park differently either because we got there earlier than expected (actually because of the rain we did not go swimming since it was cooler and overcast). So my original plan was scraped. So my original plan only had us doing adventure, frontier, and a little bit of Fantasy in that order.

I also liked 7 Dwarfs coaster. I am glad we only had to wait 20 minutes, because I don't think it is worth an hour or more wait. But it is a good ride. I think it added something MK needed which is a coaster between their 35" barnstormer and their 40" thunder mountain. I know for my daughter it would have been good, because there is a huge difference between kiddie coasters and Thunder Mountain. So I think she was getting bored with the kiddie coasters and this would have filled the gap nicely. Also I like the seating situation, because it allowed me to have my arms up too because I was not holding onto her. She puts her arms up and in most coaster flies all over the place so I have to hold her down. With these seats she doesn't fly around allowing us both to have our arms up. Overall it was a good experience and I liked it. I think if they fix Tomorrowland MK will be a nice well rounded park, but right now Tomorrowland brings MK down a little. We didn't even go to it other than walking out of the park at night.
I fully agree on Tomorrowland. We were at MK portions of 5 days but spent maybe a total of two hours over there. The only highlight was that they were so crowded I finally got to go into Cosmic Rays (which is always closed when we're there) and enjoy the AA DJ there. But I wouldn't order their food of course :). And we got to nap & cool off on COP....As an aside, it was disturbing they had discontinued so much MK live entertainment since our last long trip three years ago, especially on Main Street. We used to really enjoy all of those shows with lots of Citizens of Main St....

I fully agree on Tomorrowland. We were at MK portions of 5 days but spent maybe a total of two hours over there. The only highlight was that they were so crowded I finally got to go into Cosmic Rays (which is always closed when we're there) and enjoy the AA DJ there. But I wouldn't order their food of course :). And we got to nap & cool off on COP....As an aside, it was disturbing they had discontinued so much MK live entertainment since our last long trip three years ago, especially on Main Street. We used to really enjoy all of those shows with lots of Citizens of Main St....

I am pretty sure cosmic rays is not longer seasonal. It hasn't been seasonal in awhile. Or at least I didn't think it was. When we were at the parks almost every weekend that was a place we went to a lot especially when dieting because they had the grilled chicken sandwich that we piled veggies on from the condiments bar.

I never have watched the side shows at any park really. So that I would know very little about. I did see people playing instruments a couple times in Frontier land.

If we had an extra 45 minutes we would have done Buzz (was pretty much walk on to 15 minute wait all day) and maybe I would have taken her on Stitch (walk on) for the first time since my husband is not a fan of it. She is real close to 44" and I thought about getting her measured. But I knew if she was tall enough I would want to take her on Space Mountain and that would not be fair to my husband. So I didn't go over and get her measured.