Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mobile App Help & Tips

Apr 12, 2018
Coming in next week for a few nights (first time at Cabana Bay, exciting!) and I've been having some issues with the mobile app.

According to TMs, there are so many accounts tied to my email address that the app won't let me log in. Don't know how that happened, but it's kind of a mess. They've been working on the issue since August (I have a case number and everything), but with days to go I'm still unable to log into the app.

I've been told it's not an issue for virtual line (great) but I won't be able to use a mobile wallet/mobile order. Has that been a must-do for folks lately? I'll be in the parks on W-Th if that makes a difference (not weekends). I can use a different email to create a new account, but it's my work email and I'd rather not if I can avoid it.

thanks in advance for your help!

Coming in next week for a few nights (first time at Cabana Bay, exciting!) and I've been having some issues with the mobile app.

According to TMs, there are so many accounts tied to my email address that the app won't let me log in. Don't know how that happened, but it's kind of a mess. They've been working on the issue since August (I have a case number and everything), but with days to go I'm still unable to log into the app.

I've been told it's not an issue for virtual line (great) but I won't be able to use a mobile wallet/mobile order. Has that been a must-do for folks lately? I'll be in the parks on W-Th if that makes a difference (not weekends). I can use a different email to create a new account, but it's my work email and I'd rather not if I can avoid it.

thanks in advance for your help!
If you have a CC is it really any different? Just set that up as the payment source. I would use the other email and get a fresh account setup then have GS sort it out while you are here.

If you have a CC is it really any different? Just set that up as the payment source. I would use the other email and get a fresh account setup then have GS sort it out while you are here.

Thanks! Yeah since I can't even log into the app, I'd have to set up a whole new account. and given that I've spoken with TMs three times over the phone in the span of three weeks and it hasn't been fixed, I'd rather not spend park time dealing with it. But I think I'll go ahead and set up that second email & attach my card, just to make sure it's all in place before I get there.

Thanks! Yeah since I can't even log into the app, I'd have to set up a whole new account. and given that I've spoken with TMs three times over the phone in the span of three weeks and it hasn't been fixed, I'd rather not spend park time dealing with it. But I think I'll go ahead and set up that second email & attach my card, just to make sure it's all in place before I get there.
I would do the new account but get those others cleaned up. They might cause a problem in the future.

Have you tried logging in online to remove some attached emails?

I have! At first I wasn't able to log in via the desktop - thought it was a password issue so I tried to reset, and never got the reset password email.

From what TMs/Tech are telling me, it's that different accounts for me are all tied to the single email I have on file. So the system didn't recognize which account I was trying to access, I guess. They said they've seen it before, especially with folks who never really used the mobile app. But they asked me to check in every so often to see if there was progress on my ticket.

I thought I had a breakthrough today because I successfully got a password reset email, successfully logged in on the desktop, and tried to do the same for mobile (using the new password), but kept getting this error:

IMG_4535.PNG

If all else fails sign up for a throw away universal email and create a new account?

Yeah, I'm going to make one last call today and then do this. Hopefully they'll keep the app simple & easy to use, and I can avoid major MDE-like headaches in the future

Hi all! Thanks again for your help here. I wanted to add an update in case anyone has similar issues in the future:

The process
  • I was told IT would be able to resolve it before my September trip, but unfortunately it didn't work out.
  • I went to Guest Services on the last day of my trip to see if they could help, and was told that unfortunately they didn't have access to these types of issues and I'd need to call
  • I didn't, since it was my last day and didn't want to waste any time
  • I called today regarding my upcoming December trip, and was able to speak with a supervisor (see below)
Mobile Ordering in September
  • While I was told a few times by phone TMs that I could mobile order without logging into the app, that just wasn't the case. So I ended up ordering at cash registers, but onsite TMs were super helpful and it turned out ok
  • Interestingly enough, a Guest Services supervisor tried to mobile order without logging in after IT said he could, and he agreed with me that it's not possible. So I've heard and read conflicting things, even from the Universal team, but in practice it just doesn't work
Resolution
  • Ultimately, though IT removed my duplicate accounts, their system just wasn't a fan of my email address
  • I ended up having to create a new gmail account just for Universal stuff (I don't want to use my work email) and set up forwarding to my main address
  • I linked a CC/my new preferred pass in the app using this new email login
  • A Guest Services supervisor offered me express passes for a future visit, though in December I'll be at HRH. He did say I could use them anytime and they wouldn't expire, so that was really nice of him

...and that's it! Hopefully there won't be any future issues for me & the app, especially if more things are linked to it in the future (hotels, other perks, permissions, etc.).

Hi all! Thanks again for your help here. I wanted to add an update in case anyone has similar issues in the future:

The process
  • I was told IT would be able to resolve it before my September trip, but unfortunately it didn't work out.
  • I went to Guest Services on the last day of my trip to see if they could help, and was told that unfortunately they didn't have access to these types of issues and I'd need to call
  • I didn't, since it was my last day and didn't want to waste any time
  • I called today regarding my upcoming December trip, and was able to speak with a supervisor (see below)
Mobile Ordering in September
  • While I was told a few times by phone TMs that I could mobile order without logging into the app, that just wasn't the case. So I ended up ordering at cash registers, but onsite TMs were super helpful and it turned out ok
  • Interestingly enough, a Guest Services supervisor tried to mobile order without logging in after IT said he could, and he agreed with me that it's not possible. So I've heard and read conflicting things, even from the Universal team, but in practice it just doesn't work
Resolution
  • Ultimately, though IT removed my duplicate accounts, their system just wasn't a fan of my email address
  • I ended up having to create a new gmail account just for Universal stuff (I don't want to use my work email) and set up forwarding to my main address
  • I linked a CC/my new preferred pass in the app using this new email login
  • A Guest Services supervisor offered me express passes for a future visit, though in December I'll be at HRH. He did say I could use them anytime and they wouldn't expire, so that was really nice of him

...and that's it! Hopefully there won't be any future issues for me & the app, especially if more things are linked to it in the future (hotels, other perks, permissions, etc.).
Watch for duplicate offer emails in the future. I get three each time they go out. I think they won't dump any working email addys no matter if they all go to the same person. Not the end of the world and it is common for one part not to know what is happening in other parts of the guest relations setup.

Watch for duplicate offer emails in the future. I get three each time they go out. I think they won't dump any working email addys no matter if they all go to the same person. Not the end of the world and it is common for one part not to know what is happening in other parts of the guest relations setup.

Thanks, will do! The whole thing was a little bizarre, but I'm more concerned about missing out on stuff, so I guess dupes are better than nothing