Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's no new park being worked on. DAK and DHS don't get the kind of attendance they want as is. There's no way they'd add another park into the equation right now.

And I formerly work for Walt.:lol:

You're no longer on with the Jungle Cruise no more? Aww man, you no longer get to tell the wonderful cheesy Disney jokes :lol:

When it comes to the "5th gate" as its come to being known now, there have been several incantations of it:

Disney's Night Kingdom
Disney's Villains Park
Disney's Just Give Your Money

It won't happen UNTIL the other parks have the attendance that they are so full, they need another gate to help relieve crowding.

You're no longer on with the Jungle Cruise no more? Aww man, you no longer get to tell the wonderful cheesy Disney jokes :lol:

When it comes to the "5th gate" as its come to being known now, there have been several incantations of it:

Disney's Night Kingdom
Disney's Villains Park
Disney's Just Give Your Money

It won't happen UNTIL the other parks have the attendance that they are so full, they need another gate to help relieve crowding.

Wait isn't that this?

disney-world-gate.jpg

:lol:

But back to Monsters, if work has already begun, would we have seen permits for that?

its 90% not true. these employees told me that they are in the middle of building it! and they said that they aren't using that building for star wars this year cause they have started to begin construction inside for the ride. I did my best to try and see inside at its impossible. Anyone have pictures of inside this building?? what was it used for previously?

Wasn't it used for the old SFX stages tour??? I don't remember the exact name of the attraction but I remember it featured Home Improvment and 101 Dalmations (the live-action version...not the animated one). I think thats what used to occupy those, am I right?

Wasn't it used for the old SFX stages tour??? I don't remember the exact name of the attraction but I remember it featured Home Improvment and 101 Dalmations (the live-action version...not the animated one). I think thats what used to occupy those, am I right?

okay its coming back to me. maybe that's what it was. is it big enough to put in a coaster?

I really don't wanna see this ride. I really don't want a sequel to Mosnters either. I wasn't a big fan of the movie in the first place, and Laugh Floor left a horrible impression on me. (Granted, no matter how "out of date" it was, I still LOVED Timekeeper)

what was it used for previously?

In recent years it has been used for Star Wars weekends. They would put a bunch of merchandise in there and stuff, which is why the monsters inc rumors were so heavily fueled last year. They moved the merchandise to a much smaller location.

Here's a link to 2 pictures of the soundstage. You just have to scroll down a little.
http://www.waltdisneyboards.com/wdw...-monsters-inc-incredibles-dark-ride-goes.html

They would definitely have to expand. That could possibly fit the coaster, but you absolutely couldn't fit a Disney queue in there, too.

its 90% not true. these employees told me that they are in the middle of building it! and they said that they aren't using that building for star wars this year cause they have started to begin construction inside for the ride. I did my best to try and see inside at its impossible. Anyone have pictures of inside this building?? what was it used for previously?

Even Disney can't keep a roller coaster being constructed under wraps.

Anyone remember in about 2008 Disney had announced a psuedo 5th gate? Then the economy turned to crap. But I remember it was supposed to be something like Discovery Cove but was only going to be open at night. I can't remember it's name but I distinctly remember reading about this. I'm assuming it got put on indefinite hold much like half of the parks that were announced in 2008 for Dubai.

EDIT: The park was Night Kingdom. I don't think it ever got officially announced but they were serious about doing Night Kingdom and I remember it came close to happening.

Even Disney can't keep a roller coaster being constructed under wraps.

Anyone remember in about 2008 Disney had announced a psuedo 5th gate? Then the economy turned to crap. But I remember it was supposed to be something like Discovery Cove but was only going to be open at night. I can't remember it's name but I distinctly remember reading about this. I'm assuming it got put on indefinite hold much like half of the parks that were announced in 2008 for Dubai.

EDIT: The park was Night Kingdom. I don't think it ever got officially announced but they were serious about doing Night Kingdom and I remember it came close to happening.

I heard about that, to bad it never happened. I'm really hopping the do something to DHS asap

I'm just peeping in to say that this is a great idea should it ever come into fruition! It would be a sort of rebirth for DHS if combined with a brand new studio tour.

From Screamscape:

2014/2015 - Monsters Inc. Ride - Rumor - (5/12/11) While I have very little info on this, I’ve been told that some new life may be coming back into the old plan to add a Monsters Inc. themed inverted coaster ride to the park next to Toy Story Mania. This is all thanks to the announcement that a Monsters Inc. prequel movie is in the works called Monsters University and will hit the theaters in mid to late 2013. We know Disney loves to cross-market this kind of thing, and a new Monsters ride would make a perfect tie-in I think.

Does any know if the Star Wars weekends merch store is still relocated or if it is back in the millionaire/monster inc soundstage? That might give us a clue as to if there any work being done in there.

Does any know if the Star Wars weekends merch store is still relocated or if it is back in the millionaire/monster inc soundstage? That might give us a clue as to if there any work being done in there.

It was relocated to a tent behind RnR.

Wasn't there for SWW but I heard the merchandise was relocated. I also read online somewhere that work was being done in the sound stage where Monsters Inc. coaster would go. But the work, as was described, was Imagineering doing testing for other projects, not construction for preparing for the ride.

Guys, Disney is completely revamping Fantasyland at MK, adding new hotel expansions at WDW, and building an entirely new park in Shanghai. Don't expect any new expansion anywhere on property for a while.