Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

Back to the forums after being away for a few months. I've been browsing various different threads and it seems as though the Amber Mine coaster is looking more and more like the projected winner, likely at the expense of Mt. Crumpit (which is what I'm hoping for, personally...though both are awesome concepts).

Any word on the possibility of Mt. Crumpit coming to IOA, or is it DOA?

I'm no insider, but from everything I've heard the whole Crumpit/Grinch thing is very unlikely. If we gets a Seuss expansion, you're looking at a Lorax dark ride more than likely.

Sad, since I don't care about The Lorax that much personally (the film was "meh" to me)...I'm gunning for Mt. Crumpit. That being said, a family dark ride would do wonders for IOA. Fingers crossed for a successful Grinch film!

Thanks for the insight!

Sad, since I don't care about The Lorax that much personally (the film was "meh" to me)...I'm gunning for Mt. Crumpit. That being said, a family dark ride would do wonders for IOA. Fingers crossed for a successful Grinch film!

Thanks for the insight!

I personally love the idea of a Mt. Crumpit hosting a family coaster instead of the proposed JP one. But I don't see it happening soon.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the Lorax doesn't come close to the popularity of the Grinch. Why'd they choose Lorax over Grinch is beyond me. Hell, I never knew what the Lorax was about until the movie a few years ago. I'd say Cat In The Hat, Grinch, Horton, Green Eggs & Ham, even The Sneetches and One Fish, Two Fish are all more popular than the popular than the Lorax! Just my opinion.

Agreed with the above. I've never heard of The Lorax outside of the movie as well. Why they're blowing off a more popular Seuss IP (especially with the Grinch being the star of the big Christmas bash at IOA) for a lesser-known IP is beyond me...and I'm not even talking about them building Mt. Crumpit. I'd rather see them build a Grinch DARK RIDE than a Lorax one. Then again, I don't make the big decisions at Uni, nor am I important in the grand scheme of things. :)

Maybe it's just me, but I think the Lorax doesn't come close to the popularity of the Grinch. Why'd they choose Lorax over Grinch is beyond me. Hell, I never knew what the Lorax was about until the movie a few years ago. I'd say Cat In The Hat, Grinch, Horton, Green Eggs & Ham, even The Sneetches and One Fish, Two Fish are all more popular than the popular than the Lorax! Just my opinion.

My guess would be because Grinch is mainly associated with Christmas, while the Lorax 'works' at all times of year.

Yeah I'm on the Grinch/Mt. Crumpit over The Lorax club! lol Like some of you I didn't see the movie and never heard of it before the movie came out. The Grinch definitely deserves a ride in Seuss Landing more than The Lorax.

If we're getting a family coaster in JP in a couple years Ill take the Lorax dark ride first....and ten a few years later on they can add a Mt Crumpit coaster.

The dark ride is needed more than the coaster at the moment, though both would be great additions.

Well, whylightbulb said on Magic today that Lorax is dead in the water. Does that mean Mt. Crumpit is back in play?

Well, whylightbulb said on Magic today that Lorax is dead in the water. Does that mean Mt. Crumpit is back in play?

Is this guy even a credible source? I dont see mt. crumpit ride happening if there is an amber coaster going to JP. they seem too similar

Is this guy even a credible source? I dont see mt. crumpit ride happening if there is an amber coaster going to JP. they seem too similar

Unless Kong killed the plans for the JP coaster so now they're looking back at the Mt Crumpit concept which would also explain the apparent death of the Lorax Ride. :look:

I've always been for Mt. Crumpit over Lorax. Mt. Crumpit is perfect for the park--another large, visual icon that represents the biggest (or one of the biggest) Seuss character(s) out there (Grinch, along with The Cat in the Hat). Universal has their own castle with Hogwarts, and I say that it's time they build their own spectacular mountain.

Now don't get me wrong, I realize that the Lorax dark ride was critical in expanding the family offering, so I'd be all for another gripping family E-ticket dark ride located elsewhere in the park. As cool as the indoor JP Amber Mine coaster sounds, I wouldn't cry too much if they built something in replacement of it. And don't forget that Kong is supposedly coming...while a darker, more intense experience with giant apes/monsters, it will expand the family offerings of the park as well.

But yeah, I'm a Mt. Crumpit guy all the way! I REALLY hope it happens.

I've always been for Mt. Crumpit over Lorax. Mt. Crumpit is perfect for the park--another large, visual icon that represents the biggest (or one of the biggest) Seuss character(s) out there (Grinch, along with The Cat in the Hat). Universal has their own castle with Hogwarts, and I say that it's time they build their own spectacular mountain.

Now don't get me wrong, I realize that the Lorax dark ride was critical in expanding the family offering, so I'd be all for another gripping family E-ticket dark ride located elsewhere in the park. As cool as the indoor JP Amber Mine coaster sounds, I wouldn't cry too much if they built something in replacement of it. And don't forget that Kong is supposedly coming...while a darker, more intense experience with giant apes/monsters, it will expand the family offerings of the park as well.

But yeah, I'm a Mt. Crumpit guy all the way! I REALLY hope it happens.

Honestly, HTF and others have hinted Comcast is adding the Grinch AND the Lorax rides at some point within the next decade :stunned:

GetMap.ashx

RIGHT HERE!
First sorry for replying to an old thread but holy cow!