Movie Locations in the Real World | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Movie Locations in the Real World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The most epic of a trip report and thinks its so cool you got that shot of you standing at the remains of the gate, looks like the journey was well worth it :thumbs:

Now to take a closer look at that "wall" behind me. I can totally see why they chose that spot for the gates.

IMG_0249.jpg

This shot is zoomed waaaaay in.....waaaay in.....for scaling purposes you can check out the tour copter that happened to be flying by (I had no idea it was even there when I took this pic)...

IMG_0250.jpg

And that pretty much sums up my JP adventure in Hawaii. Although we did stage one last pic of us "escaping" Jurassic Park on the way back from the gates:peace:

IMG_0272.jpg

The most epic of a trip report and thinks its so cool you got that shot of you standing at the remains of the gate, looks like the journey was well worth it :thumbs:

Thanks, Hockeyman! It was my ultimate journey overall. What I find truely amazing is that the studios paid to have that whole road paved in order to get their sets, film crew and equipment back there. They also had to pay to rip every single piece of it out when they were done filming by order of the Hawaiin government. Even the "realistic" plants that were a part of the set of the gate scene had to be removed afterwards. It just goes to show how much effort was put into, what I consider one of the classic films of "my" time.

On another note....I have some pretty sweet pics of non-JP parts of Hawaii that I will share in the Photo of the Day thread in days to come. I am not a pro at taking pics like yourself and others on this site, but when you have such beautiful sights it's kinda hard to screw it up. Thanks again for taking the time to check out my pics.