MSHI Expansion? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh I never thought of it that way, just thought you all were saying doom by itself. What if they made a giant building to cover all of doom alley? They could build a ride in that space and they could easily hide it by adding a facade out front to complete the street all together

Oh I never thought of it that way, just thought you all were saying doom by itself. What if they made a giant building to cover all of doom alley? They could build a ride in that space and they could easily hide it by adding a facade out front to complete the street all together

The space behind is pretty big...enough to hold a showbuilding

I have to say.. if this is true, I really didn't see this coming. Especially not this soon. It will be funny to see Universal and Disney have to essentially collaborate on this.

I would love for them to get rid of Doom and put a new ride there. I think Doom is the only ride I have not riden in all of Universal. I hate drops like that. Will miss the presence of the F4 though they have always been one of my favs. I guess we would still have the cafe though.... I know if they do a new ride it would be avengers themed but I would absolutely love a real xmen ride.

Last edited:
I have to say.. if this is true, I really didn't see this coming. Especially not this soon. It will be funny to see Universal and Disney have to essentially collaborate on this.

Disney won't be collaborating, but I'm sure Marvel will be. Marvel is still fairly independent (even if Disney has final say), so I don't think they really care if they're approving concepts from WDI or Universal Creative.

I would love for them to get rid of Doom and put a new ride there. I think Doom is the only ride I have not riden in all of Universal. I hate drops like that. Will miss the presence of the F4 though they have always been one of my favs. I guess we would still have the cafe though.... I know if they do a new ride it would be avengers themed but I would absolutely love a real xmen ride.

If Doom goes, and I think it gets rethemed even if it does stay, the F4 pizza place will go to. Marvel and Fox have some bad blood. I expect the X-Men and F4 to disappear from MSHI.

Just to put my two cents in, I think this whole Disney/Universal/Marvel thing sounds a bit messy and Universal should just rebrand MSHI into something non Marvel. If Universal begins to created non movie related Marvel content in new attractions, I would assume guests would see this as faulse advertisement and be highly dissapointed when they get to the brand new Iron Man ride and realize they get nothing from the films which is where all of Marvel's money is at currently, again, in my opinion. I can't imagine Universal doing a bunch of rethemes or rehabs on MSHI in irrelevant (by the general audience' standpoint) comic book form from now unill who knows when, esecially in the area of the park with the most thrill rides, or at least where they are expected to be.

Just to put my two cents in, I think this whole Disney/Universal/Marvel thing sounds a bit messy and Universal should just rebrand MSHI into something non Marvel. If Universal begins to created non movie related Marvel content in new attractions, I would assume guests would see this as faulse advertisement and be highly dissapointed when they get to the brand new Iron Man ride and realize they get nothing from the films which is where all of Marvel's money is at currently, again, in my opinion. I can't imagine Universal doing a bunch of rethemes or rehabs on MSHI in irrelevant (by the general audience' standpoint) comic book form from now unill who knows when, esecially in the area of the park with the most thrill rides, or at least where they are expected to be.

There's very little mess involved. And there's nothing in the contract that stops Universal from using the movie characters

There's very little mess involved. And there's nothing in the contract that stops Universal from using the movie characters
I think he means the actors and the scenes from the movie. Pretty sure they'd have some trouble getting permission to use those.

Yes. Modern Universal Orlando guests are now getting used to new attractions involving visuals, scenes, characters in their movie environments (Potter, Transformers and now Kong) so unless we're just talking about a plain old Six Flags styled Iron Man coaster, what could they do that would fit the new Potter standard? Same goes for the whole lackluster island. I guess we'll see.

The only thing stopping them from using the actors would be not signing a contract with the actors.

So RDJ can go out and play Tony Stark/Ironman anywhere without Marvel's approval? Even if Uni has permission to use Stark/Ironman, I'd say it would be a tough sell to say they or RDJ have the rights to his portrayal of the characters. Maybe they do, but I'd be surprised.

what could they do that would fit the new Potter standard?.

Build a new, state-of-the-art dark ride like they've done for the other franchises they have in their parks?:wave:

Same goes for the whole lackluster island. I guess we'll see.

I mean, the land is even easier. You just retheme the exteriors to fit a realistic setting of Marvel's New York City

- - - Updated - - -

So RDJ can go out and play Tony Stark/Ironman anywhere without Marvel's approval? Even if Uni has permission to use Stark/Ironman, I'd say it would be a tough sell to say they or RDJ have the rights to his portrayal of the characters. Maybe they do, but I'd be surprised.

The Universal/Marvel contract does not stop Universal from using MCU versions of their characters. Marvel, and Disney, could not reasonably stop Universal from building an Iron Man attraction and shelling out the money for RDJ to play him.

Remember, the key word in all potential Marvel/Disney refusals to Universal for attractions is REASONABLE. There is no reasonable reason for them to say no to that.

Yes. Modern Universal Orlando guests are now getting used to new attractions involving visuals, scenes, characters in their movie environments (Potter, Transformers and now Kong) so unless we're just talking about a plain old Six Flags styled Iron Man coaster, what could they do that would fit the new Potter standard? Same goes for the whole lackluster island. I guess we'll see.

Build a new, state-of-the-art dark ride like they've done for the other franchises they have in their parks?:wave:

I mean, the land is even easier. You just retheme the exteriors to fit a realistic setting of Marvel's New York City

- - - Updated - - -

The Universal/Marvel contract does not stop Universal from using MCU versions of their characters. Marvel, and Disney, could not reasonably stop Universal from building an Iron Man attraction and shelling out the money for RDJ to play him.

Remember, the key word in all potential Marvel/Disney refusals to Universal for attractions is REASONABLE. There is no reasonable reason for them to say no to that.

Plus, even if they cannot get the actors, couldn't they just have a CGI Iron-Man and never have him take off the mask? Of the Avengers in the MCU both Iron-Man and Captain America wear masks so just have them keep those on and make them the ones introducing us to the ride. If they want Hawkeye, The Black Widow, or the Hulk those should be fairly easy as they would most likely be able to use the Hulk without any issue and they could just keep the faces of The Black Widow and Hawkeye out of view like they did with Harry and Hermione in Gringotts.