MSHI Expansion? | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So when we talk about "track replacement" is it just new track or could it change the path the coaster goes/be used to fit different RVs?

yeah, more clarification would be greatly appreciated: ) I feel like it would be so costly to retrack the entire thing....if why not change the ride layout if you are just going to replace sections? Seems like a lot of effort for not really any noticeable thing.

So instead of Marvel being on it's way out, they are adding to it/changing the Marvel experiences? I thought Universal kept the rights to Marvel, but anything new aside from repair and maintenance had to be signed off on by Disney. Lately I've been hearing that Disney and Universal were trying to reach an agreement that will see Marvel leaving Universal all together. What's actually going on?

So instead of Marvel being on it's way out, they are adding to it/changing the Marvel experiences? I thought Universal kept the rights to Marvel, but anything new aside from repair and maintenance had to be signed off on by Disney. Lately I've been hearing that Disney and Universal were trying to reach an agreement that will see Marvel leaving Universal all together. What's actually going on?

Jungleskip shed some light on this on the Parkscope podcast recently and made it pretty clear Marvel isn't going anywhere and Disney has to approve things within reason. I think what you hear about Marvel leaving is just the pixie dusters dreaming in their false sense of reality :lol:

Contract was renegotiated last year. Marvel isn't going anywhere.

Literally cannot beat this statement into the ground enough...I'm not even sure an expansion will be telling enough..

I picture some rumor of the new Avengers ride being made portable to be able to be moved to Epcot or something crazy..

No clue.

I doubt we get everything next year. The beginnings will happen.

So we'll have much to photograph next year! Good

Remember how I said Marvel would probably want the X-Men/Fantastic 4 characters to not be represented in MSHI moving forward? Well here's a little example of how petty this feud is. Marvel released a Secret Wars shirt recently featuring the cover to the comic's first issue. But they removed all F4 and X-Men characters and replaced them with MCU characters.

http://t.co/ZwJfwaL0uy

Remember how I said Marvel would probably want the X-Men/Fantastic 4 characters to not be represented in MSHI moving forward? Well here's a little example of how petty this feud is. Marvel released a Secret Wars shirt recently featuring the cover to the comic's first issue. But they removed all F4 and X-Men characters and replaced them with MCU characters.

http://t.co/ZwJfwaL0uy

As a major Marvel fan for years before MSHI or the MCU existed (I (Rex) have the entire first series of Avengers comics, which I got partially by trading half of first run X-Men for half of Avengers for in the late 70s!) this is really surprising and disconcerting. FF are the bedrock of the silver age of Marvel and it hurts to think of them being removed going forward. I have less tie to X-Men, but I know how many people love them and the importance of the "we are different" mentality they brought to a teen audience is pretty darn important. Change is exciting, but sometimes melancholy. In any event, bring on the news for MSHI!

Last edited:
Any chance that with these changes we may see the island rebranded as well? This may just be me but I always thought Marvel Super Hero Island sounded kind of dorky. Maybe back when IOA opened they thought the general public wouldn't get what the Marvel brand means but now with all the movies I think people know Marvel means superheroes. I know I always just call it Marvel Island whenever I talk about it.

As a major Marvel fan for years before MSHI or the MCU existed (I (Rex) have the entire first series of Avengers comics, which I got partially by trading half of first run X-Men for half of Avengers for in the late 70s!) this is really surprising and disconcerting. FF are the bedrock of the silver age of Marvel and it hurts to think of them being removed going forward. I have less tie to X-Men, but I know how many people love them and the importance of the "we are different" mentality they brought to a teen audience is pretty darn important. Change is exciting, but sometimes melancholy. In any event, bring on the news for MSHI!

Yes, you're absolutely right about FF back then. They were by far the most popular group and were always #1 or #2 in relation to the top sales along with Spiderman. Heck, they generally had 1 or 2 additional comics featuring the Thing and/or the Torch, and another with Silver Surfer as an offshoot. But times change.

Certainly true, Mad Dog--times do change. And, I am fine with that....I will just have a moment of reflection on Marvel's past as we move forward if that is what ends up happening!

Wow, Breaking News: Despite so much evidence to the contrary, Hulk is in fact Project 611.

(for some of you that may be confused, it is wow because there was a ton of evidence that 611 was tied to Kid Zone.)

Wow, Breaking News: Despite so much evidence to the contrary, Hulk is in fact Project 611.

(for some of you that may be confused, it is wow because there was a ton of evidence that 611 was tied to Kid Zone.)
So much stuff happening, my mind's clouded with project numbers. Was Project 611 the coaster that you were talking about that was fast tracked? If so, that makes sense.

So much stuff happening, my mind's clouded with project numbers. Was Project 611 the coaster that you were talking about that was fast tracked? If so, that makes sense.

That is correct, but it just wasn't the coaster I thought. I thought the coaster was for KZ.

So after all that, I guess there will be no coaster for KZ... and the area will just sit there like a sad dried up old spinster... HA!

(my own humor just hit me with hysterics!)

I'm eagerly awaiting the guest confusion/speculation when the refurb/updates begin on this because the pixie dusters reactions when it's improved will be really interesting to say the least... :pop:

I'm eagerly awaiting the guest confusion/speculation when the refurb/updates begin on this because the pixie dusters reactions when it's improved will be really interesting to say the least... :pop:

Yeah, it will be like the redo on Spider Man. They go all Eeyore when this stuff happens. :smiley:

Idea/Thought.

Could they convert the Hulk into an IronMan themed "Flying" Coaster?

Not possible.

The reason why I'm suggested a conversion to floorless is because this is an active project by B&M to update their sit-down and stand-up coasters to floorless designs. This conversion is just a minor station upgrade and new trains. Medusa at SFGA and Rougarou at Cedar Point are two good examples of this.

Reactions: Cwoolboy