MSHI Expansion? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't know if any one has mentioned it since I've been buried in work and then had our Disney/Universal/360 vacation but when I was there on Friday the Fantastic Four car was back

I had no idea where to post this, but I just stumbled upon this and had to share. You'll recognize Scott Trowbridge (not sure who the other guy is?).

So apparently they had recorded some voiceover for the scrapped Villain's Club. Based on the park's original concept art, they were planning to keep the Villains Club even when the DC plans changed to Marvel. It'd be cool if they could try this concept again, especially since the food in MSHI is abysmal.

I'll believe an Avengers ride when I see it. Not to mention any Marvel ride in WDW in the next couple decades. Disney is pathetic as a whole and WDW is the epicenter of their lameness. Come on, Avatar is filled with reheated ride concepts and they still can't be bothered to create a real Star Wars ride. Yet someone believes they'll build some great Guardians ride? Please, they'll probably just retheme Mission: Space.

It WILL be interesting to see what Universal gets for closing down Dr Doom. I don't see allowing an Avengers E-Ticket being equal to whatever Disney got out of the deal.

There is a possibility of an Avengers attraction being built over at DCA AND an Avengers attraction being built at IOA at the same time....that would be crazy!

There is a possibility of an Avengers attraction being built over at DCA AND an Avengers attraction being built at IOA at the same time....that would be crazy!

Yet another reason I'm not buying an Avengers ride in IOA. If you were Disney and you were going to retheme Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to, possibly, The Avengers, would you really allow a rival theme park to create a BETTER ride? Especially a theme park that doesn't take 3-5 years to build a ride? So Universal opens Avengers: The Greatest Adventure Ever to great fanfare in 2017 and then DCA opens Hulk 'n' Roller Coaster to lukewarm reviews in 2025???? People thinking Disney will allow this to happen is bad enough, but to believe they NEGOTIATED it?????

I wouldn't put it past Disney to make the marvel attraction out at DCA based on GotG simply so it would leave the door open for cloning it over to WDW.

Yet another reason I'm not buying an Avengers ride in IOA. If you were Disney and you were going to retheme Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to, possibly, The Avengers, would you really allow a rival theme park to create a BETTER ride? Especially a theme park that doesn't take 3-5 years to build a ride? So Universal opens Avengers: The Greatest Adventure Ever to great fanfare in 2017 and then DCA opens Hulk 'n' Roller Coaster to lukewarm reviews in 2025???? People thinking Disney will allow this to happen is bad enough, but to believe they NEGOTIATED it?????
Disney can't retheme RnRC to Avenegers. Universal has the theme park rights to the Avengers, F4, Spidey and X-Men.

It WILL be interesting to see what Universal gets for closing down Dr Doom. I don't see allowing an Avengers E-Ticket being equal to whatever Disney got out of the deal.

There is no "deal", nor is there any need for one. Universal can build an Avengers ride to their heart's content.

People thinking Disney will allow this to happen is bad enough, but to believe they NEGOTIATED it?????

Disney contractually has to allow it.

People thinking Disney will allow this to happen is bad enough, but to believe they NEGOTIATED it?????

If there's money to be made, it will happen. There's really three parties involved here - Disney, Marvel, and Universal. Marvel, though owned by Disney, still operates as if it were an independent company, even their stocks are separate from Disney. Marvel and Universal still have a great working relationship. Disney only cares about Marvel continuing to bring in profits, and the only major changes since Disney taking ownership are that Disney distributes Marvel Studios films (rather than Universal and Paramount), and that Marvel is no longer in fear of being bankrupt every 3 years. Disney does care about how it's brands are represented, which is why recent developments regarding MSHI happened at all.

It's not like Disney and Universal hate each other - if there's money to be made, then deals are possible.

^^^yes, and negotiating a contract to allow Uni to do the work to build a top notch Marvel area which promotes Disney's properties is much cheaper than spending incredulous amounts of money only to have to then put more money back in to build a marvel land. It's just not worth it.

Universal gets attendance boost and makes money, Disney gets advertising and makes money - it's a win-win.

Last edited:
The ride sucks and capacity is awful. When I rode this last week it was so bad... they had lots of express users so literally 2 people from the regular line were getting on each launch... they also had one tower open not both so the wait was quite long for a poor pay off. If you get the car park view as I did it totally sucks, and the coins and gum on the rooftop is disgusting.

I wouldn't feel a thing if Doom went.

Could UNI use ANTMAN? I know he is a little known character(no pun intended) compared to the rest of the HEAVYS but I couldn't imagine a better dark 3d ride than Antman,plus he is going to be an AVENGER...