MSHI Expansion? | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It hit me today the irony of Lockheed just being a skip and jump away from Universal. Lockheed is basically Stark Industries. They are the biggest supplier ($$$) to the US Military super-structure and that particular plant creates the really secret mega-tech stuff. Spooky "skunkworks" kinds of things. Just thought I would share ;)
Stark Expo would be nice...

It hit me today the irony of Lockheed just being a skip and jump away from Universal. Lockheed is basically Stark Industries. They are the biggest supplier ($$$) to the US Military super-structure and that particular plant creates the really secret mega-tech stuff. Spooky "skunkworks" kinds of things. Just thought I would share ;)

As long as they don't try to make a AI program that can kill people, then who cares?

Is Lockheed still active there and why don't they move to a less touristy and cheaper location?

Several factors I assume. If they own the land, moving would be more expensive, they have trained staff in the area and they're close to MCO.

Is Lockheed still active there and why don't they move to a less touristy and cheaper location?

They have been in that area since 1957, proximity to MCO as most of the people who work there have to commute to other facilities in the country, staff located in the area plus the large veteran presence in the area along with a huge VA hospital nearby make it easier for them to recruit ex military members and Orlando isn't a bad place to live.

Lockheed has 2 facilities in Orlando, but that is the bigger scarier one. I was in the running for an internship there back in my college days. They couldn't tell me what exactly it was for, but I think I got enough of an idea that I'm glad I didn't get it.

So question, Does Marvel and Universal have a good relationship or do they hate each other because based on Mark Ruffalo, they hate each other but based on the Hulk changes and possible ride updates, they obviously don't. And I can also guess no Mark Ruffalo presence for the ride updates.

Q: Universal has the rights to the character’s solo films. But Disney just made a deal with Sony to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so do you think that’s a possibility with the Hulk now?
I think they’ve been working on it. Marvel and Universal famously don’t get along very well, and so that’s working against us, definitely. But I know for a fact that everyone is holding out hope that one day we can do it. But the nature of the relationship right now, it’s a little prohibitive. And I hope that that changes, that changes with regimes, it changes over the course of time. But right now it doesn’t look particularly promising.

Sony had a big regime change, and so they needed to change things, and it seems like it’s going to work out from both sides.
Yeah, I think ultimately that’s what they’re after, it working out for both sides. But like I said, Marvel and Universal are just not having a good time together right now.

We’re worried about what happens to a comic book character, but the reality is that it really hinges on Disney fighting Comcast, and there’s no bigger corporate media conglomerate battle.
I know. It’s like the Marvel Universe and DC going after each other.

You'll Like Him When He's Angry: Mark Ruffalo on Playing Mentally Ill and the Hulk's Difficult Future

So question, Does Marvel and Universal have a good relationship or do they hate each other because based on Mark Ruffalo, they hate each other but based on the Hulk changes and possible ride updates, they obviously don't. And I can also guess no Mark Ruffalo presence for the ride updates.

You'll Like Him When He's Angry: Mark Ruffalo on Playing Mentally Ill and the Hulk's Difficult Future
How should an actor know if Marvel works well with Universal? The guy is an actor.
Marvel/Disney knew and know the facts when they bought the rights. As long as Universal operates between these facts there is nothing they can do. I expect they are all intelligent people and will work in a profesional and beneficial way.
Sure Disney and Universal have an amount in their head to buy it but as long as they aren't the same $'s they'll continue.

I used to go on Lockheed Martin frequently as we'd have autocross (solo car racing on parking lot courses laid out with cones) events there weekly most of the year...part of a club that had been having events since the 1960's, that was before 9/11 happened and they had to start running them at other places.

How should an actor know if Marvel works well with Universal? The guy is an actor.
Marvel/Disney knew and know the facts when they bought the rights. As long as Universal operates between these facts there is nothing they can do. I expect they are all intelligent people and will work in a profesional and beneficial way.
Sure Disney and Universal have an amount in their head to buy it but as long as they aren't the same $'s they'll continue.

I think he might have a rough idea if he's wanting to make a movie but Universal is the one pulling the strings. I base this knowledge on my viewings of Entourage.

I'm not sure how well connected Universal Studios (The studio) and the parks are though.

I'm sure I read some where that Marvel have a soft spot for the parks because they believed in them well before they had their success and their new found popularity. Then again, since Disney bought them, I don't know how many people from 16 years ago are still around or making decisions.

I'm sure I read some where that Marvel have a soft spot for the parks because they believed in them well before they had their success and their new found popularity. Then again, since Disney bought them, I don't know how many people from 16 years ago are still around or making decisions.

Or you heard it from the OU podcast recently ;)

Marvel and Universal Parks like each other, movies probably less amicable.

Any update or idea what is next for Marvel Superhero island after the Hulk overhaul is done? I know there were a few rumors about doom, etc, but it would have to be relatively soon after Hulk I'd imagine.

Any update or idea what is next for Marvel Superhero island after the Hulk overhaul is done? I know there were a few rumors about doom, etc, but it would have to be relatively soon after Hulk I'd imagine.

Completely unsubstantiated speculation time: rumors and plans seemed to have changed after the land option was a possibility and JW was a hit in theaters.

Completely unsubstantiated speculation time: rumors and plans seemed to have changed after the land option was a possibility and JW was a hit in theaters.

Well that sounds disappointing. Marvel does need some love, would love to see it get a new ride.

Are they going to try to spin Hulk has a new ride?

Well that sounds disappointing. Marvel does need some love, would love to see it get a new ride.

Are they going to try to spin Hulk has a new ride?

Why and how would they do that? They continue to say it's going to be the Hulk but with enhancements.