MSHI Expansion? | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney Hong Kong is opening an Iron Man attraction, but RDJ isn't involved, there's an impersonator. I'd love if Universal opens an Iron Man ride that actually has RDJ just as a big middle finger to Disney

Disney Hong Kong is opening an Iron Man attraction, but RDJ isn't involved, there's an impersonator. I'd love if Universal opens an Iron Man ride that actually has RDJ just as a big middle finger to Disney
Universal can try to "one-up" Disney (of course no one would really realize the one-upping is happening since, Hong Kong and Orlando are pretty far from each other) and Universal would learn that RDJ alone would eat a huge amount of budget and thus, not worth the time. Nevermind if it was an Avenger ride and they wanted the others too.

The Hulk's back open, so what's next for Marvel Superhero Island?
UC will hire the fired Imagineers that were working on the Epcot Guardians of the Galaxy attraction and they'll replace Doom & Storm Force with GOG as a slap in Disney's face.(Like they did with Lost Continent at IOA from The Beastly Kingdom at AK).....Only joking of course. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Mike S
The Hulk's back open, so what's next for Marvel Superhero Island?
03374740-ec4e-0132-ab0a-0acd8dfea39d.gif

UC will hire the fired Imagineers that were working on the Epcot Guardians of the Galaxy attraction and they'll replace Doom & Storm Force with GOG as a slap in Disney's face.(Like they did with Lost Continent at IOA from The Beastly Kingdom at AK).....Only joking of course. :)

Where does Universal stand with GOTG?

I honestly think GotG all comes down to how you personally interpret the contract, which is why it's such a grey area and one that is risky for either side to touch.

I don't think there is a case for StarLord, who "is" the Guardians at this point. The rest are somewhat shaky, tho real world signs point to not available to IoA. Just makes more sense to go with the bigger property you have clearer rights to, oneupmanship aside.

Reactions: Mike S and Nick
Cap is 100% allowed. Iron Man is 99% allowed. I'm being cute, but an emphasis on Cap with Shellhead as more of a supporting character probably the wisest move.

Also, as great as Evans is as Cap, RDJ is THE movie star in the MCU. If it's not an MCU version of the characters, it's best not to feature Iron Man and have people asking where RDJ is.

Thats not necessarily how it works though. Disney can also sell Marvel merchandise. The thing about people buying it at IOA is that that means those people are at IOA and not Disney...meaning whatever Disney gains from Marvel sales, they lose in stuff like Frozen merch, Mickey Mouse balloons, even food & beverage. So its not exactly a cut and dry win-win situation. And by 2050 (assuming another contract is not created or the rules of the deal change), B&M flying coasters could be obsolete, as could the popularity of Marvel.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for clearing this up, I thought I had seen somewhere that IOA couldnt do much more than improve existing stuff at MSHI. Looks like Disney is a little more than just a pebble...

Wow, just read the contract in full.. awesome read.

This was done 3-4 years before IOA opened, just think about how many of these are being thought-out and signed right now for the third gate!!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Also, as great as Evans is as Cap, RDJ is THE movie star in the MCU. If it's not an MCU version of the characters, it's best not to feature Iron Man and have people asking where RDJ is.
Not to feature him or just not as prominent as Cap? I'm guessing Cap would be treated as the "leader" in this attraction, especially if it's not the MCU.

Reactions: Mad Dog