Mufasa: The Lion King | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mufasa: The Lion King

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My main problem is it's not very information dense for a musical number. This song is supposed to form the foundation of our understanding of Mufasa and Scar's relationship and all we really learn is that they always wanted to be brothers.
The lyrics are very shallow.

I worked on some promos for the film. I’m a fan of LMM, and he’s awesome to interact/work with, but man… the music I heard seemed like he phoned it in…
He didn't "phone it in", but he is kinda a one trick pony who has exhausted his well. He needs to take a break and grow his depth.

Don't get me wrong, he is a tremendous talent. Having In The Heights and Hamilton in your past shows there is a solid future, but he is best when he births the concept, and not as a hired gun.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I am kind of still surprised Disney thinks they are going to be able to beat Sonic 3, especially with how the hype-train seems to be aiming it to be a potential No Way Home level winner if things stick to the landing.

I am kind of still surprised Disney thinks they are going to be able to beat Sonic 3, especially with how the hype-train seems to be aiming it to be a potential No Way Home level winner if things stick to the landing.
At this rate, I am fully convinced Disney is either committing self sabotage here because they have no confidence in the film or they are so arrogant that people will see the film because it has the LK IP attached to it they don't care what its going up against.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The unnecessary prequel is so bad that James Earl Jones "lost the will to live" like Padme.

Mufasa needed no origin story. Scar needed no origin story. I'd say I'm shocked that Disney thought this was a good idea, but well.. *sigh*

They should've just filmed the stage production of LK & released that instead.