Mummy ride question? | Inside Universal Forums

Mummy ride question?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 7, 2014
I heard that in the ROTM ride, if you look at the ceiling in some parts you can still see the tracks from Kong? does anyone have a clear pic of this?

No but if a coaster launches as you are dropping into the pit the green light is enough to see the track abover the launch hill. I believe you can also see some at the very end if you look up and tobthe right when the big head shoots you with fog. I dont have pics. But those are the places ive seen it.

I have no pictures, but the track is definitely visible in certain areas. Lately they seem to be leaving some of the downstairs lights on, which helps visibility of them significantly.

After the launch just look up at the ceiling the whole time, all of the track is still there, its white and big- nearly impossible to miss.

There's several places where you can see the Mummy coaster track (the end of the ride where the "giant head" shoots fog at you is a great example...look to the right and you'll see the sharp turn you take before coming into the fake ride station), and when the ride is run at proper intervals, you can even see other cars on the track (just before the end brake run is a great example). I've personally never noticed the Kong track, but then again, I've never looked up at the ceiling like Jwhee said. I'll have to check it out next time I ride! I must admit, that seems awful "Six Flags" of Universal to do something like that though...

There's several places where you can see the Mummy coaster track (the end of the ride where the "giant head" shoots fog at you is a great example...look to the right and you'll see the sharp turn you take before coming into the fake ride station), and when the ride is run at proper intervals, you can even see other cars on the track (just before the end brake run is a great example). I've personally never noticed the Kong track, but then again, I've never looked up at the ceiling like Jwhee said. I'll have to check it out next time I ride! I must admit, that seems awful "Six Flags" of Universal to do something like that though...
Six Flags has done much worse...I personally like buildings that are structurally supported..but to each their own

About 5 years ago, I had the unique privilege of riding Orlando's Mummy with the lights on. It was magnificent. The tracks are still all over the ceiling, and it was just great to get a sense of the space the original Kong ride was in.

About 5 years ago, I had the unique privilege of riding Orlando's Mummy with the lights on. It was magnificent. The tracks are still all over the ceiling, and it was just great to get a sense of the space the original Kong ride was in.
Oh wow that's awesome!

I had always heard about the rumour of Kong track being in ROTM, and in previous years I thought I had seen it. During my trip this year however I DEFINITELY saw the track. Once you see what it looks like and where it is, it's almost impossible to miss it. As others have said, you can see it in the fire pit and right before Brendan Fraser, but you can also catch glimpses of it in various spots during the coaster portion.