NBCUniversal/LEGO film deal | Inside Universal Forums

NBCUniversal/LEGO film deal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been officially confirmed by Deadline that NBCUniversal and LEGO will be working together on new animated films and franchises, using the LEGO brand, characters, and settings for the next five years.

This has been originally from Warner Bros. Animation/Pictures, and no details have yet been spoken on what animation groups will be involved with NBCUniversal.

It's going to be a struggle to get audiences to re-enguage with Lego movies. Everything after the first one has been rubbish and I'm not convinced that making a Lego Jurassic World or Universal Monsters movie is a good idea.

They already licence their IP's for Lego toys and the theme park rights will probably be tied to Legoland/Merlin.

It's going to be a struggle to get audiences to re-enguage with Lego movies. Everything after the first one has been rubbish and I'm not convinced that making a Lego Jurassic World or Universal Monsters movie is a good idea.

They already licence their IP's for Lego toys and the theme park rights will probably be tied to Legoland/Merlin.
They had a Lego 4D film at Kennywood Park last year. I thought it was terrible, but the little ones liked it a little, but weren't wildly crazy about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Tristan
It has been officially confirmed by Deadline that NBCUniversal and LEGO will be working together on new animated films and franchises, using the LEGO brand, characters, and settings for the next five years.

This has been originally from Warner Bros. Animation/Pictures, and no details have yet been spoken on what animation groups will be involved with NBCUniversal.

I'm pretty sure we already had a thread for this in which it was stated they were using the Lego IP to revive classic Universal franchises

I remember a couple years ago how WB talked about how LEGO was going to be a cornerstone of their box office strategy like Potter and DC.

Crazy how much has changed.

Reactions: Tristan