Universal may obtain Lego Movie Rights | Inside Universal Forums

Universal may obtain Lego Movie Rights

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Curious what it’d mean for park rights

They would literally have to buy out the Kirk Kristiansen family with at least a $30 billion dollar buyout for the entire Lego Group.

The last films underperformed so I don't see why Universal would want the franchise.

Dreamworks Lego Jurassic World hour long specials and show on Nickelodeon overperformed with worldwide sales making Universal a decent coin.

According to the variety article, the plan is for Universal to reimagine their old classics in Lego Form... like lego version of Breakfast club etc.

Merlin is OWNED by LEGO now.

...y'know, I forget things sometimes.

giphy.gif

Reactions: tankart150
So I guess Warner Bros. can keep the distribution rights to the two LEGO movies if Universal succeeded in acquiring the rights to future LEGO movies. Let's hope Universal will shine as a major competitor to Warner Bros. throughout the 2020s.

Dreamworks Lego Jurassic World hour long specials and show on Nickelodeon overperformed with worldwide sales making Universal a decent coin.

According to the variety article, the plan is for Universal to reimagine their old classics in Lego Form... like lego version of Breakfast club etc.
I’d be all in for a Lego Jaws and Lego King Kong.

Honestly I love the LEGO movies and their style and humor, I think this could be a nice pick up for Universal honestly. I’m not sure why the 2nd LEGO movies did poorly either