Need Advice for Universal November Vacation Site | Inside Universal Forums

Need Advice for Universal November Vacation Site

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 1, 2013
Hey Y'all

We are planning a trip back to Universal Orlando in November and are having trouble wading thru all the sites that claim to be Universal and claim to be the best. Please pass along your recommendations for family with 2 teenagers.

Regards
Big Daddy

I'm also curious, if your wanting to stay at Universal I would only book through the home site Teebs listed or AAA if your a member.

For a family with "two teenagers" try Hard Rock Hotel. It's on site & you'll receive Hotel Express Passes with your stay. Its less than a 5 minute walk to the parks & Citi Walk or you can take the boat. The more days you stay the larger the room discounts get (up to 30% except for peak holidays). Just go to Universal Orlando's web site & click onto hotels. You can book right on site.

As everyone else has stated, the official Universal Orlando website is the best place to get a deal on both hotel accommodations and park tickets. AAA can get you an even better deal if, as HTF said, you're a member. And I'd recommend the Hard Rock Hotel, as it's really a nice place to stay and one of the less expensive of the three onsite hotels, and you get the added benefit of having an express pass on you're hotel key. I hope you have a good time!

I looked in to the Hard Rock for my trip later this month. I want to say that even with the Florida resident discount the rate was $200 - $300 a night. Really steep IMO. I know it has the fast pass benefit but wish I could have found it a bit more reasonable. Unless someone here knows something I don't about getting a better summer rate?

I looked in to the Hard Rock for my trip later this month. I want to say that even with the Florida resident discount the rate was $200 - $300 a night. Really steep IMO. I know it has the fast pass benefit but wish I could have found it a bit more reasonable. Unless someone here knows something I don't about getting a better summer rate?

Keep in mind that the discounts for FLOrida residents or APHolders is seasonal and depends on availability. If your dates are flexible, you should try different dates, and both discount codes, if you're eligible as a FLOrida resident or an APHolder. They will check proof of either one, so don't put the code if it doesn't apply to the person booking.

I know everyone is recommending the Hard Rock, but honestly all three on-site hotels are all great. Also to me, the proximity or walking distance has no value or relevance, as you can take the free water taxi or the free shuttle from any of them :thumbs:

I believe the UNI site will also show you deals (tickets and room) at partner (off site) hotels that might have lower rates and still include early entry for Potter phase one stuff at IOA.

One thing to consider about staying on-site is what the value of the Express Pass is to you. Consider that it is for everyone staying in the room and that it is for each day of your stay.

I believe the UNI site will also show you deals (tickets and room) at partner (off site) hotels that might have lower rates and still include early entry for Potter phase one stuff at IOA.

One thing to consider about staying on-site is what the value of the Express Pass is to you. Consider that it is for everyone staying in the room and that it is for each day of your stay.

That's what we chose. For my family of three ( 2 adults, 1 child ) we picked the Holiday Inn across from Universal. With the package we got: 4 nights stay, 3 - 3 day 1 park passes, 2 City walk passes, free breakfast at the Three Broomsticks, early entrance to Islands of Adventure, discounts on select merchandise and Kids eat every meal free at the TGI Fridays in the Holiday Inn. Not to mention they offer shuttle service ( Even though its walking distance ) to the parks and back. All for only $750. Extremely affordable considering we are going during peak season.