Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Need Help with House Layouts

Jun 28, 2017
okay so since orlando doesn't allow video cameras unlike hollywood the only source of house description is in the wikia. sadly some pages are unfinished so can someone tell me some room details for these houses

2007 - friday the 13th and texas chainsaw

2008 - reflections of fear [ i know it has some description but i was wondering how did it tie into the site ]

2009 - spawning,wolfman,saw

2011 - the thing

okay so since orlando doesn't allow video cameras unlike hollywood the only source of house description is in the wikia. sadly some pages are unfinished so can someone tell me some room details for these houses

2008 - reflections of fear [ i know it has some description but i was wondering how did it tie into the site ]

2011 - the thing

Its only been a month why not reply now lol

Also going on really rough memory here so bare with me.

F13 was set in Jaws house and the Cabin scene had bunks on both sides with Jason popping out behind the last bunk on the left I believe.

TC was really set up similar to this past years. You walked up to the house entrance with a actor on the porch I believe. And then once in stairs scene with reveal of leather face. Also had table scene and if memory serves me right there was a bus at the end.

Spawning was just pipes everywhere and I want to say a two level scene on the left again featuring pipes

Wolfman I think was set in like a Village to open and then you traversed obstacles outside. I remember going through like a valley type scary with high rock walls on both sides with the bungee scare finale on the right.

Saw - I remember random scenes of torture but best scene was definitely the finale room with the pig masks all around

The Thing - was an incredible house where you entered the station and immediately bought into the fight going on between soldiers and the Thing. I remember cool puppets and unfortunately thats it. Think there was a wall where things blended in and popped out.

2011 - the thing

2 very memorable scenes i can remember.

2007 - Friday the 13th - There was a room (in a barn i think) where there was this big spiked barrel high up and jason throws it at you. Its on a chain and it comes straight at your and looks like its going to hit you!. It goes over your head though. They got me good on that one. I was actually scared for a moment there.

2007 - TCM - There was this really creepy scene where you can see down this long hallway through a window i think. Theres lighting, thunder and its dark. Then suddenly you see LF running down the hallway towards you. I loved this scene and felt this was was a lot better that last years TCM. It was just more creepy IMO. And I'm more of a fan of the original movies too.

I have to say that year was a lot better than i expected. Nightmare on Elm street facade was incredible. I usually don't like IP's but they hit those out of the park.

2 very memorable scenes i can remember.

2007 - Friday the 13th - There was a room (in a barn i think) where there was this big spiked barrel high up and jason throws it at you. Its on a chain and it comes straight at your and looks like its going to hit you!. It goes over your head though. They got me good on that one. I was actually scared for a moment there.

2007 - TCM - There was this really creepy scene where you can see down this long hallway through a window i think. Theres lighting, thunder and its dark. Then suddenly you see LF running down the hallway towards you. I loved this scene and felt this was was a lot better that last years TCM. It was just more creepy IMO. And I'm more of a fan of the original movies too.

I have to say that year was a lot better than i expected. Nightmare on Elm street facade was incredible. I usually don't like IP's but they hit those out of the park.

I don't remember that barrel at all lol

It was definitely a barrel. I vividly remember that room. The scene was named "Barrel Loft." You took a left out of that room and entered a small room where Jason was decapitating a dummy.

yeah i wish we had the friday the 13th house return like tcm

What made Friday the 13th so good also was that it was at the Jaws location so it really felt like you were at some Camp Crystal Lake. The only problem I had with it was it may have been too short IMO.

Yeah, they should just bring those big 3 back. They were really good. It was like the horror movies I grew up with became a reality and I was truly immersed. They did such a good job I even felt a little uneasy in all 3 of them. This is very rare for me as I don't get scared easily.

Its been awhile, and i traveled online to find a good room lineup, so heres my best attempt of a wolfman scene description. feel free to say if i missed anything (like audio, characters, sounds, etc etc).

You wait in line at soundstage 23, as the trailer for the wolfman is projected onto a wall. Theres a full moon projection next to it.

You then enter inside, and you find yourself transported to a gypsy camp. There are several wagons next to you, some damaged and bloodied. You can hear from behind them growling. A gypsy woman with a face riddled of claw marks wanders the room, reciting the "even a man who is pure in heart" poem, and warning guests of a beast.

you then keep on walking through the woods, and you can hear the beast howling in the distance. suddenly, the wolfman comes out from behind some trees, and roars at you. a hunter then comes out, and shoots near the beast, driving it away. you walk past a tree, and there's the bitten body of a villager. he then weakly raises his hand out at you, as you keep walking. you see a tavern building in front of you. you walk to it.

inside the tavern, you see multiple barricaded windows and doors. the chains rattle, as you can hear the wolfman howling in the background. a injured barmaid then comes out from a door, and screams warnings about the beast, as the wolfman then comes out from a scare area and scares you.

you then are transported into a small ice house. you notice that due to the recent "animal" attacks in blackmoor, the icehouse has been turned into a morgue for the victims. several bodies are seen on gurneys, all covered with cloth. inspector Aberline wanders the room, and tells you "have you seen this man around the village?". he then pulls away the cloth of a body, revealing what can only be described as "mangled flesh and bone". as you are about to exit the room, you notice a restrained body in one gurney, but this one seems to still be alive (the man is presumed to be Lawrence). he notices you, and starts to snarl at you in a animal like way.

you then enter into a small hallway, where it's shown to be a insane asylum. several doors line the room. some will open, letting insane inmates to scare you. you then enter into a large room, where it's shown to be a "examination" room. in the center of the room is Lawrence tied up to a chair. to his left, right, and to the back of him are various screens of the full moon. before the "moon" can be seen, he asks you to leave. as a last resort to make you leave, he says "I'll kill all of you!". the "moon" then rises, as he then starts to convulse. you then look down, and notice his hands are starting to become hairy and clawed. you exit the room, and enter into another hallway. from a corridor, the half transformed Lawrence emerges. he screams in pain, as he goes back into his corner. suddenly, the fully transformed wolfman emerges from the same area, and roars at you, as you exit the room.

you then enter into a mausoleum. candles line the walls, as the body of Lawrence's mother lies in the center of the room. from a corner, Lawrence emerges, bloodied and covered in dirt. from the other side, Sir John emerges. he tells you "terrible things Lawrence...you've done terrible things." you then exit the room.

you then enter into a wooded trench. from above you hear growling, as the wolfman is seen jumping from side to side on all fours. you then enter into another wooded area. to your side, the wolfman jumps onto a large boulder and howls at the moon. to your other side, the hunter comes out again and screams "Get down!" as he finally shoots at the beast. the shot knocks the beast back, as you finally exit the maze...but you still get one last scare from the wolfman.

Last edited:
Guess i can barge in again. Im trying to update the room description for the Saw 2009 haunt on the HHN wikia. I found some footage, but it's way to dark . I even found a maze layout, but that's way to blurry.
latest

So, can you guys help me out, and try to explain the room lineup for me, and explain how the trap effects worked?

I have several sources who told me what the traps were, but i just didn't knew where there go or how they were done.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I’ll try my best.
The bathroom was I believe the third room or so in? Basically you had Jigsaw a a fake body on the floor in the pool of blood, Dr. Gordon as a Scareactor madly hacking away at his own leg, while Adam was hidden in a “stall” and would lurch out at you from the floor.
Razor wire was the second room, (the first was just a big cage full of trap prototypes and monitors showing people in traps further ahead) I remember a larger Scareactor tangled in the wire begging for help while you walked through SIF rubber barbed wire, I believe a pig mask attacked from the opposite side.
Reverse bear trap was much later. You just saw Ananda wearing the trap, digging through a dummy’s guts for the key. She was a distraction for another pig head attack. Bear trap never went off.
Drill chair was just that. Scareactor sitting in a chair. Might’ve even been a dummy. Drills moved in towards the head. Lights went off before contact.
Don’t recall the Venus flytrap being in the House.
Magnum eyehole was just there, a prop on the wall to make you go “oh yeah, that’s there”
The furnace you saw a Scareactor in burn makeup clawing at a window on one end, when you walked around the other side, a severely burned puppet body popped out a hatch at you. I believe there was also hot air blowing out around this room
One that you didn’t list that I vividly remember was the Needle Pit. For the house they built an above ground raised glass box half full of needles with Amanda inside digging through them like a ball pit. She had a bunch of needles stuck in her all over. That was right after the furnace I think.
As far as the angel trap all I think there was was a few jars of “acid” with keys in them having over your head as you walked down the hall toward the drill trap guy. I don’t recall the trap itself at all.
Shotgun collar I do remember a Scareactor actress wearing the collar frantically operating on what you thought was a dummy on a table. I think she pulled off Jigsaw’s face and held it up to you, then the faceless body in the table you thought was a dummy jumped up at you as the scare.
I don’t recall the rack trap or the scalping seat being used at all
Knife chair was just like the drill chair. Just a distraction for a pig face attack
I don’t remember tennpints or glass coffin either, just the round room with pig heads attacking from all directions which was the final room.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I’ll try my best.
The bathroom was I believe the third room or so in? Basically you had Jigsaw a a fake body on the floor in the pool of blood, Dr. Gordon as a Scareactor madly hacking away at his own leg, while Adam was hidden in a “stall” and would lurch out at you from the floor.
Razor wire was the second room, (the first was just a big cage full of trap prototypes and monitors showing people in traps further ahead) I remember a larger Scareactor tangled in the wire begging for help while you walked through SIF rubber barbed wire, I believe a pig mask attacked from the opposite side.
Reverse bear trap was much later. You just saw Ananda wearing the trap, digging through a dummy’s guts for the key. She was a distraction for another pig head attack. Bear trap never went off.
Drill chair was just that. Scareactor sitting in a chair. Might’ve even been a dummy. Drills moved in towards the head. Lights went off before contact.
Don’t recall the Venus flytrap being in the House.
Magnum eyehole was just there, a prop on the wall to make you go “oh yeah, that’s there”
The furnace you saw a Scareactor in burn makeup clawing at a window on one end, when you walked around the other side, a severely burned puppet body popped out a hatch at you. I believe there was also hot air blowing out around this room
One that you didn’t list that I vividly remember was the Needle Pit. For the house they built an above ground raised glass box half full of needles with Amanda inside digging through them like a ball pit. She had a bunch of needles stuck in her all over. That was right after the furnace I think.
As far as the angel trap all I think there was was a few jars of “acid” with keys in them having over your head as you walked down the hall toward the drill trap guy. I don’t recall the trap itself at all.
Shotgun collar I do remember a Scareactor actress wearing the collar frantically operating on what you thought was a dummy on a table. I think she pulled off Jigsaw’s face and held it up to you, then the faceless body in the table you thought was a dummy jumped up at you as the scare.
I don’t recall the rack trap or the scalping seat being used at all
Knife chair was just like the drill chair. Just a distraction for a pig face attack
I don’t remember tennpints or glass coffin either, just the round room with pig heads attacking from all directions which was the final room.
You sure this wasn't hollywoods, as this sounds similar to it.

The two shared some scenes. It’s possible I may have mixed some of them up, but I KNOW the first scene was a control room with screens, ours was longer with a billy tricycle animatronic at the exit, followed by the razor wire guy scene. As far as the bathroom and furnace scenes, now you’ve got me wondering if we shared those or if I’m mixing up the coasts. I know we DIDN’T have the freezer scene,( either because Orlando didn’t want to find a way to A/C the Jaws queue or the we’re afraid to show boobies) I know we did have the hallway with the keys in jars, the guy in the drill chair, the bear trap scene, and the circle of pig heads. The rest is fuzzy to me.

The two shared some scenes. It’s possible I may have mixed some of them up, but I KNOW the first scene was a control room with screens, ours was longer with a billy tricycle animatronic at the exit, followed by the razor wire guy scene. As far as the bathroom and furnace scenes, now you’ve got me wondering if we shared those or if I’m mixing up the coasts. I know we DIDN’T have the freezer scene,( either because Orlando didn’t want to find a way to A/C the Jaws queue or the we’re afraid to show boobies) I know we did have the hallway with the keys in jars, the guy in the drill chair, the bear trap scene, and the circle of pig heads. The rest is fuzzy to me.
Apparently, Orlando reused some scenes from the 2009 haunt to the 2017 one. Maybe this can help with your memory.

Last edited: