Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
The madness of Edgar Allen Poe’s greatest works has come to life, taking you deeper and deeper towards the brink of insanity.

Discuss Here!

I have a feeling this house will be much more visual and trippy than actually scary, but you never know what UO has up their sleeve, its an interesting concept.

I put this house as my pre-event #1 for a reason. I've done countless research projects and papers on Poe's work and life. The man was insane, and he showed it through his work. If this house even slightly reflects the man, it could very easily be one of the scariest houses that Universal's ever done.

I'm very excited for the house but disappointed in HHN for having the exact same name has the Howl-O-Scream house. I don't mind house based off the same themes, even ones as extremely similar as these two, but having the almost exact same name seems somewhat lazy. :shrug: I've only read a few Poe tales myself, but is there any connection to the term other than from The Raven?

I'm very excited for the house but disappointed in HHN for having the exact same name has the Howl-O-Scream house. I don't mind house based off the same themes, even ones as extremely similar as these two, but having the almost exact same name seems somewhat lazy. :shrug: I've only read a few Poe tales myself, but is there any connection to the term other than from The Raven?

HHN has had this idea for quite some time now. HOS released their plans earlier but that gives no indication that HHN ripped them off. Cast, House of Usher, Telltale Heart, Masquerade ... there are several amazing Poe stories for this house to run off of. I think by the promo picture alone, HHN has this house in the bag.

HHN has had this idea for quite some time now. HOS released their plans earlier but that gives no indication that HHN ripped them off. Cast, House of Usher, Telltale Heart, Masquerade ... there are several amazing Poe stories for this house to run off of. I think by the promo picture alone, HHN has this house in the bag.

I didn't necessarily mean to place all of the blame on HHN, more both of them than anything. I just don't understand why they both would want to name the house the exact same thing. It seems lazy on both of their parts, unless, as I previously stated, the term really has more meaning in Poe's work other than in "The Raven".

Either way, it's not that big of a deal and I'm stoked to see both houses and compare them, I just found the name selection on both ends to be odd.

I'm most excited for this house. I love Poe's stuff and the picture they released was awesome! I hope there's a scene or two based on Masque of the Red Death. That's one of my favorite stories by Poe. There's so much creepy, insane and disturbing material to work with for this house. I'm really looking forward to it!

From HHN's Facebook Page:

293426_10150304555393233_126469058232_8024834_2020320669_n.jpg

You’ll step inside works of insanity like “The Tell-Tale Heart,” “The Pit and the Pendulum,” “The Masque of the Red Death” and “The Raven,” and suddenly you’ll realize…you’re going as mad as he was.

I'm excited!! :happy:

Masque of the Red Death will be freaking EPIC! I'm guessing that we won't do many more than the four listed. First of all, Masque of the Red Death should take place across multiple rooms, as the whole story revolves around the Red Death stalking the Prospero across multiple colored rooms.

Wow thats from Jake? I'm seriously hyped now, the tent houses NEVER disappoint....except Chucky :lol: