New AP Holder | Inside Universal Forums

New AP Holder

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 18, 2012
Winston-Salem
So I just bought a preferred pass for Universal!! I figured now of all times would be a good time to get one. My grandfather works there so he would always get us tickets but he retires next month after 20 years of working there! So I should be there for the grand opening of Transformers!

So I just bought a preferred pass for Universal!! I figured now of all times would be a good time to get one. My grandfather works there so he would always get us tickets but he retires next month after 20 years of working there! So I should be there for the grand opening of Transformers!

Nice. I'm Preferred as well, and just purchased a WDW AP this week as well.

I've been on the monthly payment plan for the preferred for several years, and been wondering if I should switch over to the premier, but gosh, it's like twice the price! I'm grandfathered into a $200 price right now, and by the time you take $369 and add tax for the premier, it really is double. Is the express after 4 really worth that much, lol.

Thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked, now I can finally meet some of y'all and get more updates :thumbs:

And he worked in both parks and Im pretty sure that he was a maintanence service and worked on the cooling units for the rides and different aspects of the park! Just to make sure nothing overheated!

Now do these last til the end of the year or from a year you bought them?

Thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked, now I can finally meet some of y'all and get more updates :thumbs:

And he worked in both parks and Im pretty sure that he was a maintanence service and worked on the cooling units for the rides and different aspects of the park! Just to make sure nothing overheated!

Now do these last til the end of the year or from a year from when you bought/activate them?

365 days.

Since we're going to start vacationing on site at Universal twice a year. I thought I may as well buy annual passes. If I purchase the tickets online, does the 365 days start on the day of puchase, or does it start from the day I first use them?

Ive had mine for 3 years and loved every minute of having them i go about once or twice a month the bad thing about it is i pay for 3 kids and my 2 oldest boys dont like to go all the time i wish there was a way to have a one time transfer per year to give it to someone who uses it i think if you dont go at least 12 to 15 times a year its not worth having it

Congrats on the AP, USO92! It's great to have, not just for admission, but for the great perks and discounts APs offer :thumbs:

I've been on the monthly payment plan for the preferred for several years, and been wondering if I should switch over to the premier, but gosh, it's like twice the price! I'm grandfathered into a $200 price right now, and by the time you take $369 and add tax for the premier, it really is double. Is the express after 4 really worth that much, lol.

I think it ends up costing you a bit more per year, being on the monthly payments. Right now, renewal for a (FL-Resident) Preferred AP is $159 + TAX, which comes out to $170.39. Of course, one could prefer the convenience of paying smaller payments per month, instead of a big payment once a year, but it is cheaper if you pay in full.

Ive had mine for 3 years and loved every minute of having them i go about once or twice a month the bad thing about it is i pay for 3 kids and my 2 oldest boys dont like to go all the time i wish there was a way to have a one time transfer per year to give it to someone who uses it i think if you dont go at least 12 to 15 times a year its not worth having it

I would say Preferred APs definitely pay for themselves in 2 to 3 visits. Consider admission, parking costs, discounts on food and merch... It's really worth it, even if you just go twice a year. I know how it feels, though, when you're paying for several at once. It's a small fortune!

hey guys do we have a spot that we talk about our annual passes? Like discount for the month, promotions, AP previews, renewal prices? i know theres a lot of us on here with annual passes just didnt know if i was missing a thread somewhere.

hey guys do we have a spot that we talk about our annual passes? Like discount for the month, promotions, AP previews, renewal prices? i know theres a lot of us on here with annual passes just didnt know if i was missing a thread somewhere.

I would like to find a thread like this also. :wave: