Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Band for Rock'n'Roller Coaster?

Myself I'm fine with the ride having Aerosmith, and a big thing to consider is when it comes to using a band's songs on a ride...the price to use those songs and the bands name can be a big factor on who's picked.

Case in point, if I recall the band Disney was originally thinking of having was the Rolling Stones. However the price of them was out of their range. U2 was another band in mind, but too expensive.

Lol so they settled with Aerosmith, I'm being too hard on them, Steven Tyler is a joke in himself. Beatles would be pretty amazing, could you imagine if they put in some yellow submarine imagery instead of the big donut? That would be insanely trippy and neat. DP would be cool too but I think uni owns them. Also rock n roller coaster stating the dapper dans anyone?!?!

Let me think about it...no!

The day they put in one of the crap forced Disney Channel "stars" is the day I lose faith in the musical taste of humanity for good. Justin Beiber was already an assault on my sanity that I barely survived. :lol:

But seriously, Aerosmith is an amazing rock group no matter what you think of the members or their music. They're right up there with GNR, Scorpions, etc. in that they've had a lasting and noticeable impact on mainstream rock. If they had to replace Aerosmith, I don't think I'd want to see any of the modern bands on there, as none have really struck me in the same way most of the artists from the 70s and 80s did. You can replace them with Metallica, I'd be all on board for that. Battery would go well with the ride.

Lol so they settled with Aerosmith, I'm being too hard on them, Steven Tyler is a joke in himself. Beatles would be pretty amazing, could you imagine if they put in some yellow submarine imagery instead of the big donut? That would be insanely trippy and neat. DP would be cool too but I think uni owns them. Also rock n roller coaster stating the dapper dans anyone?!?!

Considering half of the band is dead that would never happen.

Considering half of the band is dead that would never happen.

Well they don't have to keep the same story just make it the Beatles submarine mind**** that would be cool on its own. Aerosmith was revolutionary but man how much can you take? Just overrated for me. Metallica though...my god I would freak out if they announced that. METAL!!!!!

Well they don't have to keep the same story just make it the Beatles submarine mind**** that would be cool on its own. Aerosmith was revolutionary but man how much can you take? Just overrated for me. Metallica though...my god I would freak out if they announced that. METAL!!!!!

I don't see metal happening, way too off base for Disney.

After Stitch I never count Disney out of taking a great ride and making it Suck balls. With that being said though this may be the biggest waste of thread to date with the exception of maybe a Six Flags in Florida thread. Disney pop stars? Jonas Brothers? Really?

After Stitch I never count Disney out of taking a great ride and making it Suck balls. With that being said though this may be the biggest waste of thread to date with the exception of maybe a Six Flags in Florida thread. Disney pop stars? Jonas Brothers? Really?

Well I didn't want that I'm just saying it was once mentioned to replace Aerosmith along with no doubt so if there were many plans for a replacement for Aerosmith why not have some fun and think of ideas together? Also you are totally right about that, disney revamping rides can get ugly but for this I don't know if there would be much to change. Also don't say the S word....please have mercy

Let me think about it...no!

The day they put in one of the crap forced Disney Channel "stars" is the day I lose faith in the musical taste of humanity for good. Justin Beiber was already an assault on my sanity that I barely survived. :lol:

But seriously, Aerosmith is an amazing rock group no matter what you think of the members or their music. They're right up there with GNR, Scorpions, etc. in that they've had a lasting and noticeable impact on mainstream rock. If they had to replace Aerosmith, I don't think I'd want to see any of the modern bands on there, as none have really struck me in the same way most of the artists from the 70s and 80s did. You can replace them with Metallica, I'd be all on board for that. Battery would go well with the ride.

I'm sure that's the case for you...that's who you grew up with. There's a whole other generation of parkgoers who have little, if any, emotional connection to the bands you mentioned, including Aerosmith. And eventually, that generation is going to outnumber people of your (our :lol:) age.

However, Rock N Roller Coaster still may be the most popular ride in the park...Disney isn't going to fix what ain't broke. However, I do think that the most realistic option assuming the members of Aerosmith begin passing on, etc is for Disney to simply take the band aspect out of it. You can still have a rock-n-roll themed roller coaster without licensing a band's (probably expensive) name and song list. HRRR is obviously the best example. The main storyline of the ride isn't completely dependent on Aerosmith, just a rock concert in general.

I'm sure that's the case for you...that's who you grew up with. There's a whole other generation of parkgoers who have little, if any, emotional connection to the bands you mentioned, including Aerosmith. And eventually, that generation is going to outnumber people of your (our :lol:) age.

However, Rock N Roller Coaster still may be the most popular ride in the park...Disney isn't going to fix what ain't broke. However, I do think that the most realistic option assuming the members of Aerosmith begin passing on, etc is for Disney to simply take the band aspect out of it. You can still have a rock-n-roll themed roller coaster without licensing a band's (probably expensive) name and song list. HRRR is obviously the best example. The main storyline of the ride isn't completely dependent on Aerosmith, just a rock concert in general.

Actually, I didn't really "grow up" with the 70s and 80s stars, I grew up with Smash Mouth, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc. making the playlist of my childhood (yep, still listen to that stuff, too, my musical guilty pleasure). I sought out the classic rockers at a later age when I was really starting to explore music as a more serious focus. I don't have an emotional attachment to them, I just love good music, most of which was made prior to this decade, at least in the mainstream.

The issue with removing Aerosmith is that it will cost money, money to license and money to replace. Aerosmith has been fading since 1999, which even then they were a shell of their former self. Disney has the upper hand here, I bet they make good enough money from Disney's licensing for them to agree to whatever terms Disney suggests.

The issue with removing Aerosmith is that it will cost money, money to license and money to replace. Aerosmith has been fading since 1999, which even then they were a shell of their former self. Disney has the upper hand here, I bet they make good enough money from Disney's licensing for them to agree to whatever terms Disney suggests.
Knowing Disney now they would probably buy a record company just to own hundreds of bands. They can probably do whatever they want with a revamp

I'm hoping once Aerosmith is dead they'll completely change the theme to and old-time gangster movie.

Whoa, this is actually a brilliant idea! I'm surprised nobody has commented about it. Very "outside of the box" thinking. I can totally see how this theme could work.

I tip my hat to you good sir! :thumbs: