New Disney Park Maps | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Disney Park Maps

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It makes the most sense to orient a map the way you would be facing when you start looking at it. From the entrance. Beside that, I think the whole style of the maps look the opposite of Disney.

I don't like the upside down orientation of the Epcot Map. And I also don't really care for the overall design. They leave too much stuff out of the map, and the stuff on the side is pretty jumbled looking.

I don't mind them, but that its for a Disney park which causes my to dislike them. They look like they for a Six Flags park. Where they were too cheap to get designers in for the map. But the Epcot one is just stupid being upside down.

I think they are the clearest maps for a while. Think Disney just gets bashed cos they are Disney on here some times.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is, and I'm sure all those people I saw walking around with their Epcot maps upside down were all in on this great conspiracy.

From a practical point of view, these maps are great. Fair enough, they're not as visually appealing as the previous ones, but they'll be useful for tourists. You guys need to remember that the maps aren't as much for you since you know the park inside out, while others may be visiting for the first time and will prefer this to a clustered map focusing on the graphics.

From a practical point of view, these maps are great. Fair enough, they're not as visually appealing as the previous ones, but they'll be useful for tourists. You guys need to remember that the maps aren't as much for you since you know the park inside out, while others may be visiting for the first time and will prefer this to a clustered map focusing on the graphics.

I've been to Disney only several times, and I still think these maps stink. They're just not magical. Bland and boring.

Maps are primarily a means of communication, not a piece of art, and their beauty would therefore exist in their ability to inform, not stylistic flourishes. I like the greater awareness of scale and spatial relations along with the consistent orientation.

Advertising is a means of communication but we don't just put up blah work assuming people watching a commercial will get the point. You spice it up, make it appealing. These maps are blah in my opinion.

I too was very confused when presented a map with where the Odyssey Pavilion was. It's kind of like not recognizing a face if its upside down. The park was unfamiliar to me upside down. I don't care north or south when in a theme park. I think from the Entrance!

I don't care if maps should be easy to navigate around the park with; they should also be used to attract visitors to certain rides. Seeing a big box on a map won't attract anyone.

"Mommy, can we go ride that ride inside that box?!"

These complaints are all pointless as I guarantee none of us on this site even pick up a map anymore :rofl:

I do :) I always at least pick up the show times guide. But I do pick up a map, half the time don't open it, but I do pick it up. It comes in handy to give to my kids and find bathrooms (which now I mostly know all of those too) or a reminder of our eating options. I can see the points with Epcot, but the maps don't bother me. Universal maps drive me crazy, so honestly nothing is worse than that to me. Probably why I just don't mind the new Disney maps. I do think they were trying to get them to match their online app look and feel.

I like the maps, more to scale and less BS. Epcot makes sense now as Innoventions is listed using East/West, and now you can see that from the map. I have heard several complains about the DHS implementation though.