Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Epcot Shows (The Land, Canada, China, France)

I don't think anybody is confusing this project for some major shift in the company's thinking regarding Epcot, but it's still shaping up to be a positive (if, yes, small) addition.

The new Canada 360 film, Canada: Far and Wide, was announced to be opening in January 2020.

The new seamless 360 China film, Woundrous China, was announced to open in 2020.

canada-far-and-wide-poster-683x1024.jpg

wonderous-china-poster-683x1024.jpg

Get Ryan Reynolds for Canada. As for China they should of added Jackie Chan in there years ago. They will probably add the Mulan IP to China.

Is the new China won also still in circle-vision? It’s curious that it’s mentioned on the Canada poster and not the China won.
Yes, Chapek specifically mentioned that it will be "Seamless 360". Because of that, it will take more downtime than Canada.

Get Ryan Reynolds for Canada. As for China they should of added Jackie Chan in there years ago. They will probably add the Mulan IP to China.
I'd love to have Keanu for Canada, but Reynolds would be just perfect.

I remain cautiously optimistic about both of these. The very fact that they didn't reveal IP tie-ins gives me hope that if there are any, they're going to be very tasteful and not the driving elements of the shows.

I hope "Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey)" remains or gets an update.

I remain cautiously optimistic about both of these. The very fact that they didn't reveal IP tie-ins gives me hope that if there are any, they're going to be very tasteful and not the driving elements of the shows.

I hope "Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey)" remains or gets an update.
Just the simple fact that they're keeping the 360 concept and not just shutting the building down for a M&G or something is positive news for me. It shows to me that someone in WDI believes that these shows still have a place.

I just meant are we getting the new 360 seamless
They didn't mention that it would be getting seamless (whereas Chapek emphasized seamless on Wondrous China). During the festivals, O' Canada actually won't be showing this year as they're using it as "Festival Space". So the quick turn around with a January 2020 for the new film makes me think no seamless.

Films are some of the EASIEST attractions to update and replace. Movie theaters do it weekly. :lol: It's sad that it takes the most "epic transformation of a single park in our history" to even update these..

Of course, they also cost money and take time to execute and produce but if anyone has access to these resources.. or even a library of content to cobble something together like for the space in The Land, it's Disney.

Films are some of the EASIEST attractions to update and replace. Movie theaters do it weekly. :lol: It's sad that it takes the most "epic transformation of a single park in our history" to even update these..

Of course, they also cost money and take time to execute and produce but if anyone has access to these resources.. or even a library of content to cobble something together like for the space in The Land, it's Disney.
Disney has to get these filmed, however. Filming in 4K 360 degree video is also not the easiest task.

I will say, I think owning Nat Geo will help in the future and I actually still suspect that Nat Geo is behind Awesome Planet.

Disney has to get these filmed, however. Filming in 4K 360 degree video is also not the easiest task.

I will say, I think owning Nat Geo will help in the future and I actually still suspect that Nat Geo is behind Awesome Planet.
You are gonna want more than 4k for a 360 video.