New HHN wait time data from Thrill-Data (2019 - 2022) | Inside Universal Forums

New HHN wait time data from Thrill-Data (2019 - 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeventyOne

Platinum Member
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Data is beautiful...

A few random observations:
  • While it used to be the case, this is a nail in the coffin of the "Halloween night is slow" argument. In 2022 (it's the only Monday) busier than the aggregate of any other day.
  • Counter to conventional wisdom. Sunday edged out Saturday as busiest day of the week, with Friday actually coming in as the slowest of scheduled days--and that's with opening night crowds skewing the data a bit,
  • Online super-fans are not entirely representative. Halloween and Blumhouse, which received mixed reviews on here, were #1 and #2 easily. Fan-favorite Winter's Wake was only 4th--and Legends Collide behind that. Even in 2019, the much maligned Ghostbusters and Us outperformed any original. When Michael Myers back next year, we'll know why.

• Online super-fans are not entirely representative. Halloween and Blumhouse, which received mixed reviews on here, were #1 and #2 easily. Fan-favorite Winter's Wake was only 4th--and Legends Collide behind that. Even in 2019, the much maligned Ghostbusters and Us outperformed any original. When Michael Myers back next year, we'll know why.
I mean...would anyone be surprised that the most popular houses are the ones based on the movies?

Data is beautiful...

• While it used to be the case, this is a nail in the coffin of the "Halloween night is slow" argument. In 2022 (it's the only Monday) busier than the aggregate of any other day.
  • Counter to conventional wisdom. Sunday edged out Saturday as busiest day of the week, with Friday actually coming in as the slowest of scheduled days--and that's with opening night crowds skewing the data a bit,
Having gone a swath of both days over the last 10 years or so, Sunday started to “feel” busier sometime around 2015-2017 and became one of my least favorite days to attend. Now we tend to use it to hit up a few houses early, then take in the scare zones and shows.

I'm surprised to see both Icons and Wicked Growth ahead of TCM in 2021. I'd have assumed that Wicked Growth, despite being a fantastic house would have been lower than TCM for the same reason that DMP was below Blumhouse last year. I'm really surprised but heartened about Icons though. I love the lore of HHN and that maybe supports the hypothesis that the average event goer does too, at least a little.

Data is beautiful...

Yup - people looked at me crazy last year when I said Fridays/Saturdays weren't the worst day to visit HHN.

Also, data doesn't take into account that on Wednesdays/Thursdays they had issues with staffing so the quality of the houses & zones were subpar. So yeah.. Fri/Sat are ideal for HHN lol

How the turn tables...

Does this site also do HHN date for Hollywood as well? I see they have Disneyland data as well which was interesting to look at

Does this site also do HHN date for Hollywood as well? I see they have Disneyland data as well which was interesting to look at
Yup.

Yup.

Thank you, love this kinda data

Reactions: Jake S and Tbad556
Hah! I remember the 17th of October, 2019. Graveyard Games definitely did not have a 200 minute wait time for 15 minutes!

But I know the exact flub, the Universal app goofed and said this for a good few minutes. A lot of us had a good laugh about Graveyard finally taking it's rightful place above Stranger Things haha. Still, fun data and cool to see listed out like that!

AE0F0487-BA2D-4950-A2D9-8BC34272BB52.jpeg

Last edited:
Really good stuff here, thanks for sharing!

And yeah I've been saying for a hot minute now that Friday's are the slowest of the weekend.

Logically Lower FFP's have Sunday's and people think they get the best bang for their buck on a Saturday when they aren't racing over from work and the ticket is a little cheaper. Anecdotally, it almost always seems to be the case that my normie friends tend to buy a Saturday ticket if they don't talk to me first (even afterwards)

Reactions: SeventyOne