New Live Show (Attraction Development Survey) | Inside Universal Forums

New Live Show (Attraction Development Survey)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 1, 2008
Atlantic City, NJ
Just got another survey from Universal...here are the highlights, AGT, Ghostbusters and Matt Hoffman.

wB4agMz.jpg

RgSqWuH.jpg

d2HIWks.jpg

mbepmgv.jpg

Always for more live entertainment as long as it's not Fearfactor II. I'd rate Ghostbusters #1. America's Got Talent as #2. I always liked Amer. Idol over at DHS. Not too crazy about the Aggro Circus though. Didn't seem to do very well in it's first incarnation...Just my opinion though.

Also a few people got a Wicked option on their surveys. That would be my choice.

Love Wicked. Saw it on Broadway. Even a short version would be welcomed. The NBC Favorites on stage could have potential. Wonder if they are using the gentleman that came over from Disney after being fired there to write the shows. He had a rep as a good writer. I think he name was Sorrell, or something like that. My memory is a bit fuzzy on his name.

so the shows being considered is;

Wicked
Amer. Got Talent
NBC Favorites
Wild Wild West Stunt Show
GhostBusters: Back in Action
Matt Hoffmans Affro Circus
Interesting lineup..either Wicked or GhostBusters for me.

so the shows being considered is;

Wicked
Amer. Got Talent
NBC Favorites
Wild Wild West Stunt Show
GhostBusters: Back in Action
Matt Hoffmans Affro Circus
Interesting lineup..either Wicked or GhostBusters for me.
Agreed...I wonder if the "big 3-D screen" rumor going around has to do with live actors interacting with 3-D objects (T2 Style)...could be well integrated into a GB show..

Gah ghostbusters again?!?! I say wait till the reboot comes out until making any assumptions about it. Everything else is bleh, although wicked would make perfect sense in New York as a broadway production, would make for a killer facade aswell as a interchangeable one. Wicked loses steam? Replace the inside with another show easy peasy, infinite possibilities there

Wicked- Would be a good fit for USF.
AGT- While I'm a fan of the show, this would be AIE all over again and I wouldn't have any interest in it.
NBC Favorites- I don't see how this could work out without it being PG-13.
Wild Wild West- Never saw the original version so I'm all for a revival.
Ghostbusters- I'd prefer a ride but I'd take the show.
Matt Hoffman- Meh.

Ghostbusters as I have feeling its gonna make a decent size comeback
NBC Favorites as it will have the nostalgia thing going on which is always good. As I grew up with Friends etc
Wicked I don't how the hell they will get it down to 25 minutes and still be really good. It would need to be longer
Wild Wild West-as long as it takes over fear factor I'm good.

the rest I'm ehh about

It must be why I love this site, it derails me constantly. Ghostbusters and Wicked in the same sentence. Much like an AI, I cannot reconcile the two being loved by one.

Didn't they do a abridged wicked show at Universal Japan that was about 25 minutes long?...I too like the ideas of both Wicked & Ghostbusters. Far apart on the entertainment spectrum, but good fun both of them.

I got the survey with AGT, NBC Mashup, and Wild Wild West Stunt Show.

I am thinking the stunt show, Ghostbusters, Matt Hoffman are just fillers.

Sharknado: The Musical was an option too.

"Based on the hit original movie from the SyFy channel, this live comedy show drips with drama...and sharks! A freak weather system of shark-infested tornados is headed on a path of destruction toward Orlando. Guests might get wet, bitten, or worse if our heroes cannot fend off this deadly threat"

So said the description.

Definitely Wicked and Ghostbusters would be my top two choices. Wild West Stunt Spectacular would be my third choice and it would fit the Fear Factor Live stage perfectly as that was the home of the original Wild West stunt show. Here's a pretty good video of the old show:

[video=youtube;Xa8xeJ9wf2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa8xeJ9wf2Q[/video]