Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Ride Ideas

as much as I love LOTR and I do like the layout.... we can't handle LOTR. i'm sorry but; that with potter could be a disaster of Crowd capacity. I think if LOTR comes to Universal, it won't be in Hollywood and more in Orlando for a third gate. I was thinking over the other day and.. What about a Crimson Peak ride? Not sure how but it seems that it can be a dark ride.
Alex what if USH buys the golf course ? then you think we have space for LOTR ?

Still... I'd doubt it. Even with the golf course; still doubt it could work due to issues on capacity as I don't think the parks big enough, even with that. If they move the backlot over there too still weary but giving them a chance but even then what more can they do? its hard enough with potter, it'd be madness with LOTR and potter in one park. If it was just LOTR i'd be fine but I don't think having the 2 would be sane.

Still... I'd doubt it. Even with the golf course; still doubt it could work due to issues on capacity as I don't think the parks big enough, even with that. If they move the backlot over there too still weary but giving them a chance but even then what more can they do? its hard enough with potter, it'd be madness with LOTR and potter in one park. If it was just LOTR i'd be fine but I don't think having the 2 would be sane.
Actually, the golf corse across the street is large enough to house a lot of rides. Take a look at google maps. It looks a lot bigger than the upper and lower lot, excluding the studio tour portion. All they need is a means of transport to the other part, considering that it goes over the Los Angeles River and has to go through the backlot. It would be difficult, but they could have a Hogwarts Express to the other portion.

Blue: Springfield Expansion, phase 2

Attractions:

-Kang and Kodos: Alien Attack

This would be an E-Ticket attraction and would be very similar to the MIB attraction found in Orlando.

-The Simpsons Home

This would be a meet and greet attraction. The queue would tour the home of the Simpsons ending in the living room on the iconic couch.

Orange: Studio Tour Central

The entrance to this land would either be in between the first and second escalators to the lower lot OR to the left of Animal Actors.

Attractions:

Studio Tour

The Studio Tour that you know and love. The queue would be completely different from what it is today. It would be very similar to the queue for the Studio Tour at Disney Hollywood Studios, taking you through a prop warehouse.

NBC Universal Experience.

Would be the same attraction that is on the lower lot but greatly expanded.

Photo Ops

Jaws photo opportunity would return along with many more.

Hotel Entrance

Private entrance for resort guests. Early access to the Studio Tour and Theme Park.

Pink- Despicable Me Dark Ride

A dark ride similar to the Sesame Street Dark Ride found in Singapore.
Blue area is not possible, confiding that orange is placed on a side of a hill, maybe something else, but pink is supposed to be buildings. I forgot what. But they could build a second layer OVER the current queue of the studio tour. That would be an amazing thing.

A new ride idea that could fit in the upper lot is A Harry Potter Ministry Of Magic Attraction ! Since there isn't space for a Diagon Alley :(

Unfortunately, theming-wise, I feel that the same logistics would apply. The Ministry of Magic is located in London, which would fit better in place of Fear Factor Live in USF considering it's directly adjacent to Diagon Alley. Never really thought of it coming to our park, so I wouldn't really expect it.

I have been thinking of possible attractions for SS28 but usally it all relates to a monster themed dark ride. I am going to give a idea here and play along... As we all know already; HOH has closed for its last HHN prep and SS28 will be leaving us soon but, what if there could be a ride that makes the Horror Fans of classics happy but the GP can take they're kids on. What I have in mind is a Motion Simulator that is at the Height requirement of 42 inches with a main focus on dark rides from the past *atmosphere like a Haunted Mansion*. and that name for the ride is:

'Universal Palace - Monster Invasion'

This would be not relating to HHN at all *keeping Usher but hes not the focus of the ride and no gore*. This ride would be a dark ride that is like a Transformers with adding a basement floor; Elevators, and screens. But it would also have Animatronics but a minor amount of them. The Façade would be a Version of the Universal Palace theatre but; it would be much more taller and bigger and would have a 1940s feel with having Posters of the classic Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Phantom and one on each side of the entrance where its a 'Fight' movie.

Story:

The Usher will take you into your classic monsters as you enter a world where Science might not be only Unknown but, The Supernatural rules, will you escape the Monsters wrath and escape the movie?

Ride:

The Ride would be a 3-D dark ride in the Vein of 'TransFormers - The Ride' where it has the Screens but it would also be having 2 AA's, A Usher Animatronic in the line, and a Phantom AA in the ride itself. The ride would have a Elevator preshow that goes down, it would be a small elevator. The preshow would entail projection effects where hes transporting you into the film and you then go into a small forest station. The Buildings width would be a little more larger and the CSI soundstages door entrances would be moved in favor for the width of the building to be much larger.

Area: Panda Express, Tomb Treasures, the Jurassic park Bathrooms and NBCUniversal Experience would close and they would add a new Restroom in the Lowerlot at Jurassic Park would be quickly built just in case and the Street in Lower Lot would be a little more bigger just in case of Capacity issues. In the End, the Transformers Extended line would be moved over to the NBCUniversal Experience plot and would look a lot more like the Orlando Ultra Extended line. There would be a Monster Gift shop at the Exit of the ride with Horror Merchandise of Classic Horror films;  (I.E. Psycho, Frankenstein, Phantom, ETC..) and there would be a new Small dining option that is a micro-version of the Monsters Café that was from Orlando but, if that doesn't happen; it would be fine in favor to not have it.

Now, this probably seems unlikely but; I think as it seems it might be the time to shine for Monsters..

I have been thinking of possible attractions for SS28 but usally it all relates to a monster themed dark ride. I am going to give a idea here and play along... As we all know already; HOH has closed for its last HHN prep and SS28 will be leaving us soon but, what if there could be a ride that makes the Horror Fans of classics happy but the GP can take they're kids on. What I have in mind is a Motion Simulator that is at the Height requirement of 42 inches with a main focus on dark rides from the past *atmosphere like a Haunted Mansion*. and that name for the ride is:

'Universal Palace - Monster Invasion'

This would be not relating to HHN at all *keeping Usher but hes not the focus of the ride and no gore*. This ride would be a dark ride that is like a Transformers with adding a basement floor; Elevators, and screens. But it would also have Animatronics but a minor amount of them. The Façade would be a Version of the Universal Palace theatre but; it would be much more taller and bigger and would have a 1940s feel with having Posters of the classic Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Phantom and one on each side of the entrance where its a 'Fight' movie.

Story:

The Usher will take you into your classic monsters as you enter a world where Science might not be only Unknown but, The Supernatural rules, will you escape the Monsters wrath and escape the movie?

Ride:

The Ride would be a 3-D dark ride in the Vein of 'TransFormers - The Ride' where it has the Screens but it would also be having 2 AA's, A Usher Animatronic in the line, and a Phantom AA in the ride itself. The ride would have a Elevator preshow that goes down, it would be a small elevator. The preshow would entail projection effects where hes transporting you into the film and you then go into a small forest station. The Buildings width would be a little more larger and the CSI soundstages door entrances would be moved in favor for the width of the building to be much larger.

Area: Panda Express, Tomb Treasures, the Jurassic park Bathrooms and NBCUniversal Experience would close and they would add a new Restroom in the Lowerlot at Jurassic Park would be quickly built just in case and the Street in Lower Lot would be a little more bigger just in case of Capacity issues. In the End, the Transformers Extended line would be moved over to the NBCUniversal Experience plot and would look a lot more like the Orlando Ultra Extended line. There would be a Monster Gift shop at the Exit of the ride with Horror Merchandise of Classic Horror films; (I.E. Psycho, Frankenstein, Phantom, ETC..) and there would be a new Small dining option that is a micro-version of the Monsters Café that was from Orlando but, if that doesn't happen; it would be fine in favor to not have it.

Now, this probably seems unlikely but; I think as it seems it might be the time to shine for Monsters..
I love your idea but what about about a family elevator ride ?????

I know this is thinking in the distant future, but I had some crazy idea for WaterWorld's replacement. It would be a little crammed, but they could put a small "land" there. Have a C or B-ticket, a D-ticket thrill ride, and an E-ticket roller coaster. I think a sci-fi land would be nice in that space. Have something like Doctor Doom's Fear Fall and Storm Force Xcellerator go in that space. Just have them themed to Battlestar Galactica or something. Also, the roller coaster can be themed to the new Terminator movie. Having a "land" would justify the capacity and give us more bang for our buck in terms of space used.

If noise is a concern, they could put the scream shields up on the Doctor Doom-esque ride. They could also put up large sound walls or something. A coaster would be the best spot in that estate since the surrounding buildings would help isolate the sound more.

I think noise levels are more concerned over hydraulics and mechanics.  I am very concerned about Hippogriff.  That has a chain pull like any outdoor coaster.  I have a felling there will be a lot of trees for noise cancellation.

Nice map layout.

My thoughts:  Blue wants to be Diagon Alley. Pink is already going to be a restaurant.  Orange area will never be developed - reason - there are Oak trees planted in that area and Oak Trees are protected unless specific laws dictate their removal.  Have a fire...that's one way of getting rid of the trees.

Talking about Oak Trees, that may also prevent the blue area from a Diagon Alley growth.  However, I do believe the tour will be leaving this area soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine this:

Forbidden Journey mixed with the old Tokyo Drift F&F closeup.

A new ride that basically looks like the old F&F closeup, but with full "car" ride vehicles on top of a Kuka Arm traveling down a track like forbidden journey. So essentially the way Forbidden Journey looks and acts, but with a full ride vehicle and not just a few person bench! That'd be incredible for a new type of dark ride.

I hope Universal takes advantage of the kuka arm technology for another new ride soon.

A new ride that basically looks like the old F&F closeup, but with full "car" ride vehicles on top of a Kuka Arm traveling down a track like forbidden journey. So essentially the way Forbidden Journey looks and acts, but with a full ride vehicle and not just a few person bench! That'd be incredible for a new type of dark ride.
Isn't that basically Transformers?

Aha no, not at all. Transformers is like Indiana Jones/Spider Man.

To simplify my ride idea into fewer words:

Imagine the old Fast and Furious Extreme Close Up but with actual "car" ride vehicles on top of the kuka arms and with us inside, and not just fiberglass cars on sticks. Get what I mean? So basically the motion and flying sensation and degrees of freedom that Forbidden Journey has, but with a full ride vehicle on the kuka arm and not just an enchanted bench.

Another version of it could be an inverted ride vehicle. So basically Peter Pan/Kongfrontation/ET, but with an inverted Kuka arm. The amount of possibilities would be incredible.

^ With the amount of force Forbidden Journey imposes on you, I don't see any sort of ride vehicle on top of those arms anytime soon - especially given the ride's reputation for intensity.

Transformers fits that niche perfectly, and it's able to simulate movement without making people sick.

I never said it should be as intense or crazy as Forbidden Journey and with as much movement...I'm just saying that a Kuka Arm could be used as a hoist for a wider range of movement and use the technology for a new type of dark ride, be it inverted like ET or upright. I'd want to see it for a dark ride.

Disney actually filed a similar patent for this type of ride, but without the complexity of a Kuka arm, which could provide some interesting lift and twists.

That's the major downside to simulators; they can provoke motion sickness very easily, which is something Universal shouldn't get carried away with. If I had a dollar for every kid I saw blowing chunks outside of FJ's exit last summer in UOR, I'd be on a flight back to UOR right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, it wouldn't have to be a simulator, especially not one as nuts as Forbidden Journey.

It can just be a dark ride that takes advantage of the kuka arm system and technology and uses it in a different and clever way. It can be used for a family ride. Imagine ET but with just a BIT more movement/swiveling to enhance motion and flight.

Like I said, it wouldn't have to be a simulator, especially not one as nuts as Forbidden Journey.

It can just be a dark ride that takes advantage of the kuka arm system and technology and uses it in a different and clever way. It can be used for a family ride. Imagine ET but with just a BIT more movement/swiveling to enhance motion and flight.
I love your idea Allen. It would actually be fun to ride :)