Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Sci-Fi/Fantasy Hard Ticket Event?

Jun 10, 2014
over at screamscape there is an article talking about universal looking into a second hard ticket.This event would be based on non horror ip's such as sci-fiction video games and anime.
link here Universal Orlando

Make sense they’d be looking to do this in any format. HHN is huge for them so if they can get something else even remotely close to that scale, that’s 2 major events a year for 2/3 months out of the year. Smart move on their end. USF is likely gonna get a lot of updates thru 2030 and they’ll need events like these to keep the park fresh.

I'm amazed that Universal haven't tried a food and wine type event. Binging with Babish has shown that there is a huge interest in movie and tv themed foods.

I'm amazed that Universal haven't tried a food and wine type event. Binging with Babish has shown that there is a huge interest in movie and tv themed foods.

USH has a Top Chef event (had to be cancelled due to *waves arms*) and they're making major moves with food at Mardi Gras at UOR.

They're heading a bit in that direction even at HHN with the Starcourt mall section last year.

I've seen this survey and I think it has more to do with gauging how interested people are in certain properties that were asked about more than another hard ticket event, personally.
Sounds like the time I was selected to watch a TV show pilot and got a screener in the mail with a survey link to visit after watching... turns out the only questions they asked were about the fabric softener commercial in the middle of the show :fist:

I've seen this survey and I think it has more to do with gauging how interested people are in certain properties that were asked about more than another hard ticket event, personally.
This makes most sense

Honestly, I'm not sure Universal really needs another hard ticket...They can just stay open later during peak times and attach an event to it

VB may be the only park to benefit honestly

This makes most sense

Honestly, I'm not sure Universal really needs another hard ticket...They can just stay open later during peak times and attach an event to it

VB may be the only park to benefit honestly
Idk if they’re really trying to corner the gaming crowd with Nintendo and possibly Pokémon, based on how successful HHN is, idk how do you DONT do something like that. Sounds like an absolute winner of an idea to me. Either have Pokémon Go around the park, other interactive activities set up, maybe some show, it could be huge imo.

HHN takes round-the-year planning, production, and operation. I’m skeptical that they can just have another hard ticket of that caliber without seriously disrupting HHN or regular BOH operations. Pretty much the only windows that makes any sense are January or May, and even those have their problems.

It‘s not like the perpetual festivals at Epcot where they just drag some booths out, hook up some kitchen equipment, and wait for the drunks to show up.

HHN takes round-the-year planning, production, and operation. I’m skeptical that they can just have another hard ticket of that caliber without seriously disrupting HHN or regular BOH operations. Pretty much the only windows that makes any sense are January or May, and even those have their problems.

It‘s not like the perpetual festivals at Epcot where they just drag some booths out, hook up some kitchen equipment, and wait for the drunks to show up.

Tbf I don't think it would be anywhere near the calibre of HHN, I'm thinking more in the ballpark of how that Harry Potter celebration used to go.

Yeah based on the list a few jumped out to me way more than others.
Yea. My gut feeling is this was sent out to try and gauge which expansion to go with. Hard decisions are going to have to be made for the next few years, and I'd imagine only one of the big potential expansions/replacements in the pipeline (LOTR?,Zelda?,Pokemon?) will have to be put off indefinitely

Couldn't agree more about it being a weekend/Celebration of Potter type thing, although I think something bigger could still work. I imagine game designers discussing how they created games, celebrities, promotions of new projects, MANY interactive things throughout USF, I honestly think this could be a killer sell.