Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New SeaWorld Parks of Florida Pricing Structure

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
I don't know if everyone has seen this yet, but SeaWorld's new value proposition for the Florida parks is a really good deal:
  • 1 Visit Enjoy a single visit to our amazing parks! Valid for one (1) visit at any of the following parks: SeaWorld Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Ages 3+.
    $79.00 per Guest (Ages 3 & Up)
    Advance Purchase Only - Discount Not Available at Park

• 2 Visits Add your 2nd visit for only $20 more. Enjoy any two visits to our amazing parks! Valid for two (2) visits at any of the following parks: SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, or Adventure Island Tampa Bay. Ages 3+. $49.50 per visit.
    $99.00 per Guest (Ages 3 & Up)

• 3 Visits Add your 3rd visit for only $10 more. Enjoy any three visits to our amazing parks! Valid for three (3) visits at any of the following parks: SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, or Adventure Island Tampa Bay. Ages 3+. $36.00 per visit.
    $109.00 per Guest (Ages 3 & Up)

• Unlimited Visits + FREE Parking Enjoy unlimited admission AND general parking for 14-consecutive days at any of the following parks: SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, and Adventure Island Tampa. Ages 3+.
    $139.00 per Guest (Ages 3 & Up)
For anyone planning a visit to Central Florida, the 14 day ticket with unlimited admission and parking included is an AMAZING deal.

Now I assume that SeaWorld assumes these guests will end up spending money on dining and Quick Queue (the website suggests All Day Dining and the Signature Show Seating as add-ons when you buy the tickets).

Good pricing values, BUT, I have no desire to spend any of my vacation time at either park. Tampa's another lengthy drive, after a long drive to Florida, and it's attractions are similar to the many regional parks in our area of the country. And I did Sea World Ohio a couple of times in the past and was bored to death. Those shows just aren't my thing. Of course, there are people that like the Sea World stuff, especially those with young kids. But Universal & Disney have so many entertaining things to offer, it will be hard to get tourists to free up a couple of days to go to SW or Tampa. I commend SW for trying, but I just can't see them being much of a factor in the marketplace. Their time was ripe when Universal was stumbling, but with a Universal resurgence and future Disney expansions, they are a sinking ship.

But, that's the point. Manby has said they aren't trying to compete in the marketplace anymore. They are going for the local market and if they happen to get vacationers, so be it.

Also, having been to SeaWorld Ohio and SeaWorld Orlando, I can tell you the two parks were night and day. SW Orlando is a full fledged theme park with some great attractions, where as SW Ohio was a glorified aquarium. Also, BGT really is a top notch regional theme park, far beyond a Six Flags or Cedar Fair. To dismiss these parks for having attractions similar to your regional park would be like dismissing Universal for having similar roller coasters to them as well. Just because some attractions share similar designs, doesn't mean the parks have any similarities beyond that.

But, that's the point. Manby has said they aren't trying to compete in the marketplace anymore. They are going for the local market and if they happen to get vacationers, so be it.
I don't think it was a night or day decision. The focus is much more heavily put on the local market now, but they still advertise internationally. Specifically, I know they still advertise to Brazilian travel groups (and maybe the U.K.. I'm not completely sure on that one.) because the long length of stay makes it more likely that they will visit and spend tons on food and gifts.

Also, having been to SeaWorld Ohio and SeaWorld Orlando, I can tell you the two parks were night and day. SW Orlando is a full fledged theme park with some great attractions, where as SW Ohio was a glorified aquarium. Also, BGT really is a top notch regional theme park, far beyond a Six Flags or Cedar Fair. To dismiss these parks for having attractions similar to your regional park would be like dismissing Universal for having similar roller coasters to them as well. Just because some attractions share similar designs, doesn't mean the parks have any similarities beyond that.
Sea World Ohio had Geauga Lake Park adjacent to it on a very small lake. They were more like one park & offered special pricing deals. Geauga Lake had about as many coasters as Tampa & Sea World , so while Sea World Ohio was was mostly shows there was probably actually more attractions to do & see than Sea World Orlando ....Yes, I agree they should cater to locals since I just don't see enough tourists tearing themselves away fro Disney or Universal to go there. If that's Manby's strategy, fine, but he'll never get the guest spending numbers from locals that you get from tourists...

I'm sure they'll still market to the world, but the focus on locals (within a 300 mile radius) came straight from Manby.

I'm not seeing how this is a good deal at all for us locals. It looks like a price hike first off annual pass price is decent but 14 consecutive days of parking is terrible. Basically saying unless my first visit is part of a seaworld only 2 week vacation I'm getting the short end.

^ Yeah, the 14 consecutive days of parking had me rolling my eyes. I couldn't do 14 consecutive days at Disney and Universal parks! What a piss poor offer...

I'm not seeing how this is a good deal at all for us locals. It looks like a price hike first off annual pass price is decent but 14 consecutive days of parking is terrible. Basically saying unless my first visit is part of a seaworld only 2 week vacation I'm getting the short end.
I don't think that SeaWorld is offering literally a full 14-day vacation exclusively at their parks. You aren't paying for 14 full days, you're paying for the ability to go freely to a SW park for 14 days. Someone looking to go to Aquatica, SeaWorld and Busch might see the $109 offer, but then think "well for just $30 more we get 11 extra days, why not?". It's dumb but that's how these "best value!" bundle deals work on consumers' brains. And then it's SeaWorld's hope that having those 14 days of access will lure people over for parts of the days when they're doing other things around Orlando. It's bold, that's for sure, but I guess they know more than I do. I also don't think the 14-day deal is for locals, but rather international tourists (even though I do agree, SeaWorld needs to start putting the most emphasis on drawing in their neighbors).

^^^ This. If you haven't been to Sea World Orlando I highly suggest you check it out. I grew up on Sea World in Ohio and I have to say Orlando back then and now were nothing like Ohio. When we came to Orlando we went to Sea World and I know we were all blown away. With a 3rd top notch roller coaster coming with an awesome water ride and everything else to offer it really is better than you think. I will be honest with you, I can't do the whole park in one day. Especially during the holiday seasons when they have even more going on. It really is worth one day of your time to check out Sea World.

Locals should get a fun pass or an annual pass. They are still offered and at great deals. The 14 day is or people who want to do all 4 parks. Because $139 for 4 days that includes parking is a pretty good deal when you think about 1 day at Disney or Universal with park hopping and no parking costs a little less than this.

They are still targeting the international market. I met a nice couple at Millennia Mall from Brazil that had just come back from Sea World and loved it. They were headed to Disney the next day. They will pull a huge amount of international business. I just think they realize they need to target people who will be here more than a week. If someone staying 2 weeks is going to do their park and sees the great prices for multiple days it may entice them to spend a couple more days with them instead of just one day at Sea World.

Keep in mind they have catered more and more to the locals for several years now. With their Halloween events and Christmas events only being on the weekends except when the tourist crowds are the heaviest is a dead giveaway. They also do Children concerts, and the Brews and Bands thing to bring in more locals. I have noticed a huge change in the last 6 years with more and more events targeted to the locals. Heck APHs get a free ornament at Christmas, what other park does anything close to that?

Last edited:
^^^ This. If you haven't been to Sea World Orlando I highly suggest you check it out. I grew up on Sea World in Ohio and I have to say Orlando back then and now were nothing like Ohio. When we came to Orlando we went to Sea World and I know we were all blown away. With a 3rd top notch roller coaster coming with an awesome water ride and everything else to offer it really is better than you think. I will be honest with you, I can't do the whole park in one day. Especially during the holiday seasons when they have even more going on. It really is worth one day of your time to check out Sea World.

Locals should get a fun pass or an annual pass. They are still offered and at great deals. The 14 day is or people who want to do all 4 parks. Because $139 for 4 days that includes parking is a pretty good deal when you think about 1 day at Disney or Universal with park hopping and no parking costs a little less than this.

They are still targeting the international market. I met a nice couple at Millennia Mall from Brazil that had just come back from Sea World and loved it. They were headed to Disney the next day. They will pull a huge amount of international business. I just think they realize they need to target people who will be here more than a week. If someone staying 2 weeks is going to do their park and sees the great prices for multiple days it may entice them to spend a couple more days with them instead of just one day at Sea World.

Keep in mind they have catered more and more to the locals for several years now. With their Halloween events and Christmas events only being on the weekends except when the tourist crowds are the heaviest is a dead giveaway. They also do Children concerts, and the Brews and Bands thing to bring in more locals. I have noticed a huge change in the last 6 years with more and more events targeted to the locals. Heck APHs get a free ornament at Christmas, what other park does anything close to that?

Thanks Izzy, I was reading this as the fun pass and annual pass were replaced by that final one. Add onto that, I got mixed up in the phrasing. I was reading it as Unlimited access to the parks but you only get 14 days worth of parking.

Thanks Izzy, I was reading this as the fun pass and annual pass were replaced by that final one. Add onto that, I got mixed up in the phrasing. I was reading it as Unlimited access to the parks but you only get 14 days worth of parking.

Gotcha, that makes sense. No they still offer the same APs and Fun Pass they offered before. Including the Preschool pass and this year they added an Aquatica version to their preschool pass which was needed.

The best value they have is paying for Discovery Cove and it's other park benefits for someone don't a 10 to 14 day vacation to the area.