New Star Wars Nightime Entertainment Coming This Spring & Summer | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Star Wars Nightime Entertainment Coming This Spring & Summer

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hyperbole much?
No, truth.

DHS has only recently been running both a fireworks show and F!, ROL is new and the Tree of Life projection show. Celebrate the Magic is modestly new in the grand scheme as well.

Point is, there will be 3 new nighttime experiences at WDW come summer and SW looks to be much more than the recent seasonal fireworks shows with projection, fire and searchlights added.

My statement is absolutely inarguable.

Just because some of it is old doesn't mean it doesn't exist (and is still really impressive and popular). I wasn't saying it was all new if you read my post clearly.

I agree with you. And nighttime entertainment and shows are a great way to distract from nothing new opening.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
I agree with you. And nighttime entertainment and shows are a great way to distract from nothing new opening.
The parks absolutely need more actual rides being built, but my point was that these nighttime shows keep guests in the park for a whole day... Even if it's barely a half day park.

Reactions: Quint and IzzyB
The parks absolutely need more actual rides being built, but my point was that these nighttime shows keep guests in the park for a whole day... Even if it's barely a half day park.

Trust me. I know. But I did my first Star Wars Weekend last year and caught the Star Wars fireworks display and after my initial reaction of awe and delight, I was frustrated. Frustrated that Disney could slap together such an awesome display for a few weekends in May. Yet we're still watching 13-year-old Wishes, 17-year-old Illuminations, and a relatively untouched 18-year-old Fantasmic?

They're not keeping me in the park when I've been there, done that and the replay value is minimal at best.

Trust me. I know. But I did my first Star Wars Weekend last year and caught the Star Wars fireworks display and after my initial reaction of awe and delight, I was frustrated. Frustrated that Disney could slap together such an awesome display for a few weekends in May. Yet we're still watching 13-year-old Wishes, 17-year-old Illuminations, and a relatively untouched 18-year-old Fantasmic?

They're not keeping me in the park when I've been there, done that and the replay value is minimal at best.
I agree and for the most part, I'm the same. But we're the oddities out of the people who travel to WDW.

With how much money that is rumored to be going into this new show as far as new tech/infrastructure, I have to think it will be more than just seasonal. Hopefully they can go dark with Fantasmic! For awhile and update the poor thing.

"This is why Universal will never top Disney!"

Cannot eye roll enough. USF and IOA have been wiping the floor with DHS for 2 years, but yea, a fireworks show is gonna change that.
When reading that point of view you should probably view from the perspective of only the show and not the context it is in. The show itself is better than any at UOR, which is the point that that comment is attempting to make.

What we're getting at is that no matter how much better US may get theming/ride wise, they're never gonna surpass Disney if they never improve their entertainment. US has nothing to compare to Wishes, or Fantasmic. CineSpec is a joke compared to them.

"This is why Universal will never top Disney!"

Cannot eye roll enough. USF and IOA have been wiping the floor with DHS for 2 years, but yea, a fireworks show is gonna change that.
And I can't eye roll at your comment enough because i'm about as even handed as they come when talking about the Orlando parks. Don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say "never top Disney!". I was referring to nighttime shows specifically.

I know some people don't like Uni being criticized here, but this is a very legitimate criticism. And if you actually read the thread, you'd see I knock Disney on multiple occasions. Stop acting like i'm pixie dusting. Just because Uni has been on a roll doesn't mean they can't be criticized.

What we're getting at is that no matter how much better US may get theming/ride wise, they're never gonna surpass Disney if they never improve their entertainment. US has nothing to compare to Wishes, or Fantasmic. CineSpec is a joke compared to them.

"Surpass Disney" is a non existent, dumb goal post based on opinion.:lol:

I know some people don't like Uni being criticized here, but this is a very legitimate criticism. And if you actually read the thread, you'd see I knock Disney on multiple occasions. Stop acting like i'm pixie dusting. Just because Uni has been on a roll doesn't mean they can't be criticized.

Oh get off yourself. I criticize Uni plenty, and have said often that Cinespec is bad. Your hyperbole is hilarious

Oh get off yourself. I criticize Uni plenty, and have said often that Cinespec is bad. Your hyperbole is hilarious
The difference is you're a Uni homer. I just want a good theme park experience, no matter where it is.

And I don't attack others when they criticize things like you do.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Yup. Which is why I'm spending 3 out of 5 days at WDW parks in a few weeks and staying on property there. Because I hate it so much!

I only call people out for ridiculousness:wave:
I honestly don't understand what was so ridiculous about my initial post that you had to go off like this besides slight miswording of a sentence :shrug:

Pretty much everything I said had basis, and if you read the thread, most agree.

I agree they have bad and nonexistent nighttime shows. Sure.
Which was my only point that seems to gotten lost a bit.

I'm a passholder to both Uni and WDW, but even though I love Uni, I find I end up at MK or DHS a lot because both tend to be open late. I'd love to go to Uni and see them open until 9, 10 or 11, but that doesn't seem to be happening right now.

During HHN season this past year, I went probably close to 2 months without going to WDW, pretty much because Uni was an option at night. An while nighttime shows like Wishes and RoE may be old, they do draw crowds, which makes the place feel lively. IOA at around 7-8 (if it's open that late) just feels dead.