New Star Wars Nightime Entertainment Coming This Spring & Summer | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

New Star Wars Nightime Entertainment Coming This Spring & Summer

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Welcome!

Yea, agreed. An odd choice to have the fireworks off-center. Hopefully they reconsider the placement and add another launch area, unless it's planned and just something prevented that tonight.
Where the launch pad is puts them off-center. Even the concept art shows the fireworks off-center.

It's sort of a shame because it really limits viewing now with less fireworks and more projection. It makes it so everyone will be trying to cram into the hub.

Where the launch pad is puts them off-center. Even the concept art shows the fireworks off-center.

It's sort of a shame because it really limits viewing now with less fireworks and more projection. It makes it so everyone will be trying to cram into the hub.

Still doesn't make it any less of an odd-choice.

Still doesn't make it any less of an odd-choice.
I completely agree. I'm not sure if the land to build for fireworks straight on wasn't suitable for building (I doubt it) or what the deal was. I think they sort of just looked at it and were like "Well, we have Fire and projections on this side, let's put the fireworks on the other side to balance it out!" :lol:

It just creates a cluster.

Reactions: Brian G.

Thanks guys. Gotta love the new OU philosophy, "Have Camera, Will Film"...I thought the projection mapping was beautiful, entertaining and fun. Fireworks seemed Universal level though, but no big deal since the projection mapping was so effective...I would like to see Universal do a projection mapping on London for Potter at the Studios, and then they could rid themselves of the ugly barges. Or, better yet, a PM show on Hogwarts like that great opening show at Hollywood Studios. Well, there's been talk of Universal doing something like this, so I wonder if its still discussion stage or it's in development. Anyone know, that's willing or allowed to talk?

Reactions: Brian G.
Reminds me of the Harry Potter grand opening fireworks...especially the beginning...

Where Universal has overscreened, Disney has over projection mapped

Reactions: Mad Dog
^And remember, that was with the real John Williams conducting an orchestra that night. It was over the top. It was every bit as great as any Disney show. Sadly, Universal had to shut down Turkey Lake to pull it off.

Some people were saying you had to wait an hour or more to get a good view and in the hub last night. Maybe it was just because of the rain, but I only wait maybe 10 minutes tonight and had this view:

^And remember, that was with the real John Williams conducting an orchestra that night. It was over the top. It was every bit as great as any Disney show. Sadly, Universal had to shut down Turkey Lake to pull it off.

Yeah, partially why I don't hope for a permanent HP firework show....but the projection mapping would be neat every night

If i'm reviewing the show, I thought it was absolutely incredible. Of course that was from my spot. If I was down by the shops, it would've been a far inferior viewing experience.

It's almost impossible to compare this show to the prior Star Wars show. The prior show was definitely more for fireworks enthusiasts whereas this show is just a marvel of great technology and some pretty nice pyro (definitely much better than Universal, @UNIrd). When you're in the hub, the location of the fireworks makes sense as it's over an short building and there's a lot going on elsewhere in the show.

However, if you aren't in the hub, you'll likely leave disappointed. I truly wonder if this will lead to some sort of "DHS Hub Expansion Project" down the line sort of like MK's project so that more people can see the fireworks.

It's definitely the best use of projection mapping that i've personally ever seen. I loved the seen with the emperor and the lighting effect used to show his powers. It actually utilized the Palm Trees in an effective manner imo.

Yeah, partially why I don't hope for a permanent HP firework show....but the projection mapping would be neat every night
Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking along. PM and the music score. Maybe some lasers instead of the fireworks, unless they can do some smaller fireworks close to site.

I heard today that supposedly the Star Wars fireworks will end this October, with a special holiday night show/fireworks show for November and December (I guess to make up for the loss of the Osborne Lights)