New Transportation Terminal | Inside Universal Forums

New Transportation Terminal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmm...wonder if they had to submit anything to the SFWMD for the bus area work. Could provide a glimpse at things beyond Volcano Bay-related changes.

EDIT: Nope, no new permits showing up for Universal on the SFWMD site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkscope Joe
There were plans for this submitted to the SFWMD back in February:

Lnb7R0W.jpg

These charges were also detailed/discussed back in June of last year:
Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 56 | Orlando United Forums

Teebin also briefly discussed these changes in September of last year:
Volcano Bay Discussion | Page 29 | Orlando United Forums

What a pain in the arse this was stitching all the latest nearmap images together and overlaying the plans on top of it but here it is in all it's high res glory:

1cnaVlG.jpg

I've found that this makes thing a lot easier to visualise what's happening and where. I hope it helps.

Last edited:
Personal Rapid Transit. Imagine sitting down in a PeopleMover like at the Magic Kingdom and selecting a destination and then being whisked away there directly, through automated switches and bypassing any other stations.
Seems cool. Seems like it would be a logistical nightmare though.

Great work!

I still can't picture where the waterway to Saphire from RP will open up...there is just so much going on in that corner of the property let alone what's going on within the parks.

I've added the concept art to google earth. The plane will be moved closer to Hollywood Way to make room for the waterway. You'll see in the next images.

yJ0DJL2.jpg

You can see here where the plane has been moved to allow the waterway connecting the two hotels.

dtLFdCa.jpg

SxrMHYw.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Universal would have had to planned for PRT from the start to really make that a cost-effective transportation option.

I think they're coming as being just as cost effective as a monorail plus you won't need as big of a station and the experience would probably be better and more direct.

I think they're coming as being just as cost effective as a monorail plus you won't need as big of a station and the experience would probably be better and more direct.

I just think it'd involve tearing up a lot more infrastructure, or if it were elevated, that's a much heftier (ie, more expensive) track than a monorail beamway.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I also don't think the capacity is high enough for a PT system. Plus I think when they finally connect the 3rd park they won't have enough destinations to make it worth having PRTs.

This seems to be working to reopen to south entrance once again.. In recent times I think I've seen it operating like, once.

But it also seems to redirect all the north entrance traffic to one garage and cut off the ability to move traffic between the two garage regardless of which entry plaza is used. Am I misunderstanding that part of the plans?

Yeah, capacity seems to be a barrier for PRT. They could just as easily build a dedicated busway...
Yeah I don't think PRT in general will ever have any practical applications. Autonomous automobile technology is developing fast enough now that PRT is already a pretty outdated idea.

This seems to be working to reopen to south entrance once again.. In recent times I think I've seen it operating like, once.

But it also seems to redirect all the north entrance traffic to one garage and cut off the ability to move traffic between the two garage regardless of which entry plaza is used. Am I misunderstanding that part of the plans?

I think the only times I see the south entrance open is for Mardi Gras and HHN.

When I first looked at the tram lane plans, I thought the "proposed roadway improvements" on the garage towards the south toll plaza were new ramps over the existing road, but maybe you're right, maybe it's at ground level cutting off access from the north toll plaza.