New Transportation Terminal | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Transportation Terminal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ever since HHN we almost exclusively use the south plaza now. We have seen it being opened a few times while pulling up. I want to say average around 1ish?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Also.. i've seen mentions that this involves the bus loop.

From what i can tell from the plans, the bus loop and guest dropoff are relatively untouched. It's the first floor of the south garage that is the new "transportation plaza."

There is one PRT system in operation in the US. It's located at Morgantown, WV. It was built as an experimental system during the 1970's and has been proven successful in concept. A more high tech version was built a few years ago at Heathrow Airport in England. There is also an underground PRT system built in recent years in Abu Dhabi, UAE. An elevated maglev hanging monorail PRT system is being designed for Tel Aviv in Israel. Here are pictures of these systems in the order in which I named them:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: LieutLaww
The Heathrow one is pretty swish tbh

The one at Heathrow looks pretty good.

My concern with it would be its ability to handle crowds at opening and closing of the parks. However it might only be dealing mainly with guests staying on site as guests as I assume the 3rd gate will have its own car park and few will travel back and forth between the resorts.

I know the one in WV and it doesn't have to handle opening and closing crowds that this system will need to handle. It is great in a college environment where the campus is spread out as WVU is. It just wouldn't work for a theme park where there is less variation and way more busy times.

The throughput on PRT is less than most rides in the park. Each vehicle is limited in capacity to the size of the group traveling. There is zero chance of PRT being a practical solution for Universal in this application.

The company building the PRT in Israel even studied the possibility of building one for Universal Studios Hollywood. There's a video of their proposal out there on YouTube. The company's name is SkyTran.

Gurgaon replaces taxis with self-driving pods - Tech Insider

taxi5.jpg

The company building the PRT in Israel even studied the possibility of building one for Universal Studios Hollywood. There's a video of their proposal out there on YouTube. The company's name is SkyTran.

Within the park or from the park to the two Universal partner hotels?

Within the park or from the park to the two Universal partner hotels?

He could of been implying that there we're concepts of that for when Universal was trying to figure out how to handle getting people from the Upper lot to the Lower Lot when they decided to settle down over there.

That is just a guess, but it would of made sense.

I'm not sure, but here's the video...

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if this was an idea that NBCUniversal and the City of LA had when they we're trying to figure out a faster and economically safer approach to get people from the Metro to either the Hotels or to USH during one of the phases of planning in the Evolution Plan. But, its still interesting; nethertheless.