New 'Twister' Ride System For Disney, | Inside Universal Forums

New 'Twister' Ride System For Disney,

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 20, 2013
Winter Park, FL
So today, Orlando Attractions Magazine reported that disney has patented a new "Twister" rise system. The new ride might be theme to the upcoming Disney Movie "Planes". Here is a quote from the site explaining what the rdie might be like:

The ride vehicles are attached to a 360 degree axis and rotate around it inside a tunnel with video being projected on the walls, giving riders a sense of traveling forward in their vehicles. The rotation could either be pre-programmed or guests may determine their rotation and movement with buttons or a joystick. The ride could also incorporate some game elements, with riders reacting to what they see on the screen and could be adjusted to provide a family ride or high thrills.

This is a new take on the typical spin ride like Dumbo which only offers up and down control. The addition of video screens and gameplay offer a unique experience each time you ride. The patent gives an example:

… a trailing vehicle may be able to shoot/strike the leading vehicle in front of them so as to be able to momentarily disrupt the operation of the vehicle such as by altering their rotation mechanism to cause a quick drop (or otherwise having their operations affected by a trailing/chasing vehicle). In other cases, a scoring game may be provided in the twister ride system in which points are gathered by lining up with visual targets provided in the projected or displayed media along the adjacent projection surfaces or tunnel-like housing walls as their vehicle “passes” through the displayed/projected environment.

Here are some phtots that were realeased as well:

904065_528712473839228_1775801982_o.jpg

479063_528712370505905_1340660050_o.jpg

459155_528712357172573_1775224851_o.jpg

You can read the full article at:
http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/03/walt-disney-imagineering-patents-new-twister-ride-system-may-be-themed-to-planes/

Soarin' Iron Man Mania 3D! The Ride!

Maybe I need to see it in action but it doesn't sound that impressive. At first I thought this was Disney makes a Twister clone into a ride..

Soarin' Iron Man Mania 3D! The Ride!

Maybe I need to see it in action but it doesn't sound that impressive. At first I thought this was Disney makes a Twister clone into a ride..

I don't go to disney to often so I'm sorta excited. I like the idea of an Iron Man theme. They say it's going to be for families but I don't see how many families are going to get on as the ride does go upside down as seen in the photos. I used asway to much in that sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't go to disney to often so I'm sorta excited. I like the idea of an Iron Man theme. They say it's going to be for families but I don't see how many families are going to get on as the ride does go upside down as seen in the photos. I used as way to much in that sentence.

Opps. Didn't see that it stays like that but rotaes 360 degrees. Looked liek ot was going to be upside down at one point.

Disney patents hundreds of things every year. It does not mean it's anywhere near coming to the parks or even being considered for it.

Also, the "Planes" is just because of what the pictures look like. It's just an example for the application of the patent.

Disney patents hundreds of things every year. It does not mean it's anywhere near coming to the parks or even being considered for it.

Also, the "Planes" is just because of what the pictures look like. It's just an example for the application of the patent.

I do see your point in saying this. I just thought it would be intresting to put up tht's all. The new movie's coming out this summer. So if that is a success and the ride just does happen to be coming to the parks, I'll expect to be seeing this ride in Pizar Plaza in HS.

Also, I'm sorta new so I don't know about these things. I know a whole lot about theme parks but not everthing, sadly...

Yea I do have to say that this is pretty cool. And I like the idea of the X wing ride...will be interesting to see if this is just another dust collector or gets put into play

Yea I do have to say that this is pretty cool. And I like the idea of the X wing ride...will be interesting to see if this is just another dust collector or gets put into play

If it does get put into play than that's good because we need more Star Wars in the parks, god dangit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!