New Universal Studios Store (2021) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

New Universal Studios Store (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of merchandise, as I've said before, SLOP merch stuff just never caught on, and might be the reason they never built it here. Every time I visit, the SLOP merch area shrinks more. On this last visit it only had two very short shelves on a side wall. .....A very nice ride, but poor sales potential, for some reason or other.

Reactions: TylerG
Super happy to see this confirmed. Now that they will be selling merch from the preview center + more I wonder how soon that closes. I'd think this opens right as the PC closes right?
I don't necessarily think there would be a correlation between the two, since they can easily sell Nintendo merch in two different stores. I'm guessing that the preview center will stay open until a few months after Epic has had its grand opening.

I think the store is just an extended way to sell more merch and not necessarily a way to take out the PC.

Besides, they will want to keep that up for a bit. I wonder if they will use it eventually to sell tickets and vacation packages when we get to about that time…

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Universal Orlando will expand the Universal Studios Store in Universal CityWalk to include two new dedicated areas featuring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Super Nintendo World, with an opening set for 2025.

Hoping they can add some additional square footage for non-Potter/SNW merch. The store is very crowded at the moment, so any bit of additional space can work.

Also, any word on new Cinnabon location? I thought it was planned to move into an existing kiosk space, but so far nothing yet outside the cart at the theater and the hub.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95