Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how many people I've saved from walking off the Riverboat pier because they didn't notice the boat wasn't at dock?

I've seen people climb over five barricades to come ask me if we're open.

I've even worked a ride at another park and while watching maintenance using a forklift to remove the motor from a ride and put it in a waiting pickup truck have had guests ask how they can get on.

Humans are stupid.

Not really a fan of the name Volcano Bay. I thought Wondersea was more whimsical and interesting.

Oh well. What will I care as long as the Waterpark kicks serious butt?

considering the Volcano seems to be the park's centerpiece it makes sense. Although the idea of swimming in a volcano isn't all that appealing to me. :)

Do you know how many people I've saved from walking off the Riverboat pier because they didn't notice the boat wasn't at dock?

I've seen people climb over five barricades to come ask me if we're open.

I've even worked a ride at another park and while watching maintenance using a forklift to remove the motor from a ride and put it in a waiting pickup truck have had guests ask how they can get on.

Humans are stupid.

This gave me a good chuckle lmao It's unbelievable how dumb and oblivious some people are haha

I actually think it's the other way around :lol: Wondersea sounded like something Busch would use for a water park.
I actually agree. The word "Wonder" invokes the mind to think of adventure. "Volcano Bay" is more a straight to the point, generic name.

"HEY GUYS, WE GOT A VOLCANO IN HERE"

That's what comes to mind when I hear Volcano Bay. :lol:

Wondersea sounds like a better 3rd gate title to me..

Volcano Bay sounds good for the water park as the volcano will be the main selling point and icon of the project

I thought of Sea World when I heard WonderSea...that name is too "vast".

Why not call it the Volcano Waterslide Park, like all the tourists that don't know where they are or what rides they have will.

Is this where the Harry Potter waterslides are?

I really like Volcano Springs, but I suppose it could be confused with Disney Springs. It just makes sense with some geothermal springs to bathe in.

With the Nintendo announcement, how cool would it be to have waterslides that look like Mario pipes? I can also picture a kid's play area with Magikarp and Gyarados splashing away, with Blastoise shooting out of his cannons.

Volcano bay is growing on me more and more and now I like it. If they keep with a tropical theme then it's suiting that it sits right in the quad of cabana bay (beach), RP (tropical), sapphire falls (tropical). What's the tropics without a good volcano around. They are bringing some Hawaii to the side of the country. Why not have their key feature in the name. Heck you'll be able to see this towering volcano from all around so it advertises itself. "Hey what's that volcano over here spewing fire at I4?"
"That's VOLCANO Bay!"

Wonder sea just sounded (as it was mentioned) like SeaWorld's newest attraction. It even sounds like it could have been the name of the aquarium at 360.

I believe that they may be going with a '50s Tiki theme that will fit well with the retro-chic Cabana Bay next do.

Awesome. Give me a good tiki bar and I'm set.

I'm wondering what the ticketing options will be for APers. Built in? Add on? Included with the highest tier?

Really hoping you will be able to add the park to your annual pass; that is what I like about the Seaworld parks, you can just customize your annual pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.