New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing but I suspect we won't until Cabana Bay and Potter are wrapping up or established.

First and foremost, I'm puzzled as to where a water park could fit on Universal's property. There two spaces left: The space just south of the Cabana Bay Hotel, and the plot of land just east of Cabana Bay, on the other side of the I-4 Offramp. If you look at a google map, Neither of these areas are large enough to hold a full-sized water park. Keep in mind, water slides take up a LOT of room! You could fit about 1 or 2 of IOA's islands in the existing spaces.

Check it out: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=univ...safari&oe=UTF-8&hq=universal+orlando&t=h&z=17

Seems like the existing spaces can only accommodate more hotels. Unless... UNLESS....

My guess is that Universal's Wondersea Island, if that's the final name, would be an add-on island in IOA (but located across the street). For an upcharge, guests to IOA could add on the waterpark island if they want to. I think this is a manageable waterpark solution for UO. Keep in mind, waterparks are ridiculously expensive to maintain, what with all the water pumps, constant cleaning, staffing requirements (you can't "cut back" on lifeguards), etc. Plus, they only attract tourists during the warmer months. An add-on island would be the perfect solution, so you can use the existing ticketing and entrance infrastructure of IOA without having to build a whole other ticketing area just for the waterpark. They can also close the island during the winter months, and it would cause zero impact on the existing park.

As far as theme goes, I personally would love to see a water park based on the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle. Imagine loading into a boat or airplane simulator in IOA to make your journey from Orlando towards the Bermuda Triangle (which is actually pretty close to UO!). Weird **** starts happening on the plane/boat ride and you get sucked into another dimension -- a mysterious and magical island where the normal rules of physics with water no longer apply. Universal, if you're reading this, please take this idea and run with it!

Totally forgot to mention numerous front end loaders were working on the lot inbetween RP and CB this afternoon.

Kuribo, you could probably fit three Wet n' Wilds in either the lot east of CBBR, or the south half of the CBBR lot.
Also, Florida's weather would allow for continued business of a water park for 10 or 11 months out of the year :thumbs:

Totally forgot to mention numerous front end loaders were working on the lot inbetween RP and CB this afternoon.

VERY interesting!

for those who did not know, universal orlando owns wet and wild orlando... so if they were to go ahead with this project to build a waterpark on that plot of land then they would probably open phase 1, closet wet and wild, and move whats good from there to this new park for phase 2... the people running wet and wild would end up running this park. Thus universal would not be venturing into new territory as they already have a company that does it.

First and foremost, I'm puzzled as to where a water park could fit on Universal's property. There two spaces left: The space just south of the Cabana Bay Hotel, and the plot of land just east of Cabana Bay, on the other side of the I-4 Offramp. If you look at a google map, Neither of these areas are large enough to hold a full-sized water park. Keep in mind, water slides take up a LOT of room! You could fit about 1 or 2 of IOA's islands in the existing spaces

I've done the measurements many a time on Google Earth. Aquatica's, Typhoon Lagoon's, and Blizzard Beach's perimeters could fit into the plot between CBBR and RP with a different layout. Aquatica has a perimeter of a little over 3,700ft, Typhoon is about the same, Blizzard Beach is a little over 4,000, and the usable area of the plot between the two hotels has almost 4,200ft. Now, the layouts of all 3 parks would not fit there, because they are circular and the Universal plot would require a rectangular shape, but a full sized water park is possible there.

It's all up to how they do the layout and how many guests they're looking to attract. Also, parking would probably come into question, as the parking structures may begin to get pushed to their limit after Potter 2.0. But they could maybe put the water park's parking lot on the remaining land next to CBBR.

Last edited:
I've done the measurements many a time on Google Earth. Aquatica's, Typhoon Lagoon's, and Blizzard Beach's perimeters could fit into the plot between CBBR and RP with a different layout. Aquatica has a perimeter of a little over 3,700ft, Typhoon is about the same, Blizzard Beach is a little over 4,000, and the usable area of the plot between the two hotels has almost 4,200ft. Now, the layouts of all 4 parks would not fit there, because they are circular and the Universal plot would require a rectangular shape, but a full sized water park is possible there.

It's all up to how they do the layout and how many guests they're looking to attract. Also, parking would probably come into question, as the parking structures may begin to get pushed to their limit after Potter 2.0. But they could maybe put the water park's parking lot on the remaining land next to CBBR.

Maybe this new bridge they are buidlign will play some part in the parkign situation for the water park if they do have people park on the CBBR plot.

Maybe this new bridge they are buidlign will play some part in the parkign situation for the water park if they do have people park on the CBBR plot.

Remember too, that the current parking garages were designed to have an additional level added to both of them should the need arise. That is a lot of acres of parking between the two of them.

Just realized my perimeter post was super dumb considering a circular park set up would have a bigger area than the rectangular area of the Universal plot.

That being said, a respectable and full sized water park is still possible on that land.

Hmm... Really hoping this comes to fruition, I love the theme parks but it's always nice to take a day or two for the waterparks, always loads of fun and great for relaxing...

Here's a quick and rough cut and paste from @OnWithTheShow on Twitter of plopping Typhoon Lagoon and its parking lot on the area and it's fairly close. Again, it would have to be fitted better and laid out differently, but it's possible.

BEH4wCMCUAADUh4.jpg:large

Was just thinking that the thing I hate most about water parks is climbing stairs.
If it is wondersea island could they put it between marvel and toon lagoon (where the empty stadium is)
and design it so some of the slides go out over the lagoon?(were the games are now) put in an open concept very large elevator
to take you up to multiple slides/rides.If the rides start at the high side (toon lagoon side) and end low side ( marvel side )
they could incorperate that hill in the design.

Was just thinking that the thing I hate most about water parks is climbing stairs.
If it is wondersea island could they put it between marvel and toon lagoon (where the empty stadium is)
and design it so some of the slides go out over the lagoon?(were the games are now) put in an open concept very large elevator
to take you up to multiple slides/rides.If the rides start at the high side (toon lagoon side) and end low side ( marvel side )
they could incorperate that hill in the design.

Noway they could fit in a full water size waterpark in that location.

Now I will say that it would be super awesome if Universal sort of copied the Schlitterbahn way of building parks and had a lot of thier lines build into the lazy river and sort of makes it one big flowing park. Also uses lots of converyors to transport guest up to the higher level and dumps people into the water up top.

I agree that climbing all the stairs is a work out, and it gets tedious after a while, but what bothers me the most at the water parks is burning my feet constantly on the ground. You can't have footwear when going on the slides, and I don't think you can carry flip flops (loose items) while going on the slides, so I end up being barefoot on the scorching hot pavement, and it's just ... :'(

Maybe there's something I can do about it, and I just haven't realized it yet? :shrug: Or maybe I'm just a wimp about it? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.