New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very smart idea. Great that its in walking distance; Universal are clever to use the small size of the property to their advantage rather than having it as an inconvenience as it has sometimes seemed for past plans. If you wanted to park hop you could literally walk out of your hotel, walk to the waterpark, spend the morning, walk back to your room to drop your stuff and then walk out to IOA or Studios for the afternoon. I sure think that sounds better than filling your day with 20-minute waits for buses then 30-minute journeys on said bus. Much better than the idea of separating it on the WnW land.

I have a couple worries, with this only being 20 acres will it be looked on as a half day park? Will we get the ride/water slide hybrids? Will the volcano take up a bunch of space in those 20 acres? I'm sure these will all be explained in a later time but still

I have a couple worries, with this only being 20 acres will it be looked on as a half day park? Will we get the ride/water slide hybrids? Will the volcano take up a bunch of space in those 20 acres? I'm sure these will all be explained in a later time but still

Water parks, by definition are half day parks. Even the big ones like Typhoon and Blizzard are only about 24 acres

Water parks, by definition are half day parks. Even the big ones like Typhoon and Blizzard are only about 24 acres
I guess but everybody is hyping this as a crazy third gate, I'm sure it'll be spectacular but still. Another thing I'm concerned about is that it doesn't look like there will be room for expansion. Universal could definitely fill this entire park up day one (like they did with islands) then just let it be until the world explodes. I don't want to seem like I'm complaining because this was announced hours ago. I (like all of us) have many questions

Could be a great theme idea with the Volcano. Put a well themed water ride through the Volcano and have riders enter at the top crater like they are sacrifices to the great Volcano gods.

When you said Volcano I immediately thought of:

despicable-me-2-2013-22_zps28cfeeb1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok... and let me tell you... my friends and I discussed the names for the slides on this months back. Lava Luge, Magma Mentum and on and on. Anyone else here have ideas?

Could be a great theme idea with the Volcano. Put a well themed water ride through the Volcano and have riders enter at the top crater like they are sacrifices to the great Volcano gods.

I think you are onto something, this could quite possibly be one of those hybrid rides that keep getting passed around. How cool would it be if the volcano was the end of a pool (typhoon lagoon style) and you could walk into the volcano revealing a mini land? Big themed slide along with kids play area and photo ops? I say if they pull it off right this volcano could be as iconic as the lighthouse or globe. Hopefully we get some cool lands to surround it too

- - - Updated - - -

Cue Disney fanboys whining about how this is a rip-off of DisneySea and Typhoon Lagoon

It'll happen in around 8 hours I promise you

- - - Updated - - -

Ok... and let me tell you... my friends and I discussed the names for the slides on this months back. Lava Luge, Magma Mentum and on and on. Anyone else here have ideas?
The sacrifice splash?

So everyone knows, this was not the rumors by PS or HTF. Awesome share none the less! And with such detailed rockwork that will have to be done, I can see the construction of this to begin early next year. This is incredible. I really hope it can be seen as a great 1/2 day park. And, if they do allow guest to enter from TL that means you can go from TL/JP water rides to wonder sea to your hotel!

My guess would be may 2017, or even april since its spring.

How early before IOA opened did they share concept art? Please dont tell me we have to wait til 2016!

- - - Updated - - -

So everyone knows, this was not the rumors by PS or HTF. Awesome share none the less! And with such detailed rockwork that will have to be done, I can see the construction of this to begin early next year. This is incredible. I really hope it can be seen as a great 1/2 day park. And, if they do allow guest to enter from TL that means you can go from TL/JP water rides to wonder sea to your hotel!

My guess would be may 2017, or even april since its spring.

How early before IOA opened did they share concept art? Please dont tell me we have to wait til 2016!

Ok kids... toss out the idea of the new water park taking over Wet'n Wild. It isn't in the cards. Universal is building a brand new waterpark on the previously undeveloped property south of Cabana Bay. Thus the mega garden bridge. There will be no new parking lot built for this and transport will be by bus or foot from the main garages.

WS_zps28594815.jpg

And the leading proposed concept icon for WonderSea:

shutterstock_104304611.jpg

Proposed height: 160'-200'

BOOM! :died:

While the site to the right of CBBR would've been bigger, this is actually a pretty decently sized lot. And what everyone has been mentioning is true; water parks usually take up a smaller footprint. There's definitely no comparison to a theme park in terms of size, since the slides will take up way less space than theme-park ride buildings. What I care about the most is the theming and the innovation. The volcano is really promising for the theming, and I'm just super excited to see what they develop in terms of rides and experiences. I'm sure they're gonna blow us away, just like with all their latest projects!

Many thanks, Teebin, for sharing this gold nugget with us! :rep:

My admiration for Universal Orlando Resort, and for everything they're doing, just keeps growing each and every day! :cheers:

Hmm.. My amateur googling brought up 56 acres for Typhoon and 66 for Blizzard. Not sure if that is counting parking lots, backstage, etc. There's tons of ways to spin the numbers. Lot size, space utilized, guest area, etc.

Hmm.. My amateur googling brought up 56 acres for Typhoon and 66 for Blizzard. Not sure if that is counting parking lots, backstage, etc. There's tons of ways to spin the numbers. Lot size, space utilized, guest area, etc.
If you Google Map it you can eyeball the the water parks around Orlando and they fit in the empty plot especially W&W.

Size and location seem fine, and a volcano feels like the perfect fit to a water park. Worried about parking tho. Infrastructure already taxed on Mardi Gras days.

Status
Not open for further replies.