New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, my personal favorites ideas thrown out for this park:
-Volcano slide (like the one HTF mentioned in the new podcast)
-Minion beach
-Jurassic Park lazy river
-Jaws somewhere

I'd like SpongeBob thrown in somehow, but the whole Universal/Nick thing is not looking good. But I really am excited about the possibility of an in depth themed water park.

If This park comes in 2016, can we still put expectations for Kidzone in 2016? I mean, if the rumors are true about kidzone closing in fall, that means that if it is pushed to 2017 it would be 3 years for it to open! thats getting to SDMT numbers!

As long as they aren't closing more than one major attraction/area in a park, they can be doing many other things elsewhere. They probably want to get phase II of Cabana (the zigs and lazy river) finished up and running smoothly. Do we have anyone that works in reservations for the Loews hotels at Universal? I am curious how Cabana is doing.

As long as they aren't closing more than one major attraction/area in a park, they can be doing many other things elsewhere. They probably want to get phase II of Cabana (the zigs and lazy river) finished up and running smoothly. Do we have anyone that works in reservations for the Loews hotels at Universal? I am curious how Cabana is doing.

So you think things will begin as soon as cabana phase II is complete?

Jeez... so from what we kno so far, we can expect
- Kong
- Hotel 5 (please egyptian theme)
- Kidzone
- Wondersea

to start once cabana and Potter are complete? Seriously?! is this correct?! The budget needs to increase if it is still at 500M for US parks per year if all of those things, plus expansions at USH are to happen. I can't see all of this done within 2 years at great quality with such a low budget. And if these things do end up taking 3 years (such as kid zone) I wouldn't like that whatsoever. Its not that I mind waiting (even tho none of us do). I feel thats not what they are trying to do and they want to keep showing the theme park world how fast they can build with such high quality. They want to prove they are a true theme park force.

That's why I love Universal's style, they can bring in as many people as needed to get multiple projects completed at lightning speeds.

Though it does seem to me that they'll take some time building the waterpark. But if done right it will be an icon along I4. I am hoping to see the most amazing rock work ever done in a waterpark. :doggie:

That's why I love Universal's style, they can bring in as many people as needed to get multiple projects completed at lightning speeds.

Though it does seem to me that they'll take some time building the waterpark. But if done right it will be an icon along I4. I am hoping to see the most amazing rock work ever done in a waterpark. :doggie:

Indeed, the location next to the I4 will be fantastic free avertising for this waterpark.

Indeed, the location next to the I4 will be fantastic free avertising for this waterpark.

First thing that came to my mind as well, if they build it big so that it is in full view when you pass on I4 it will be a great advertising statement. I also hope that they will build an amazing thrill slide like Aquatica's Ihu's Breakaway Falls. Also, the idea someone mentioned of a lazy river version of the caves in camp Jurassic would be awesome.

First thing that came to my mind as well, if they build it big so that it is in full view when you pass on I4 it will be a great advertising statement. I also hope that they will build an amazing thrill slide like Aquatica's Ihu's Breakaway Falls. Also, the idea someone mentioned of a lazy river version of the caves in camp Jurassic would be awesome.
Dude think about this for a second. A breakaway falls on the top of the volcano that drops inside it!!! With all the steam and stuff? :jaw:

Dude think about this for a second. A breakaway falls on the top of the volcano that drops inside it!!! With all the steam and stuff? :jaw:

Personally I'm dreaming of a themed water coaster Journey to Atlantis style, but with better effects and more drops...the park icon should have an epic ride attached

Personally I'm dreaming of a themed water coaster Journey to Atlantis style, but with better effects and more drops...the park icon should have an epic ride attached
Or area, I think if we had a bunch of slides and pools in that volcano almost like spaceship earth, I'd probably flip. I'm almost positive that there will be something in that volcano

Using scaled maps, the plot of land in question is roughly the same size as Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, so I guess it could work.

Honestly though, I don't know how they could fit tons of waterslides and water park rides in AS WELL as amusement park rides. Just not enough room.

Using scaled maps, the plot of land in question is roughly the same size as Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, so I guess it could work.

Honestly though, I don't know how they could fit tons of waterslides and water park rides in AS WELL as amusement park rides. Just not enough room.

I don't think we're going to see amusement park rides. Maybe we get one amusement park style water ride or something but we're expecting a heavily themed water park.

It would be a nice homage to the Back to the Future ride to place a copy of the DeLorean time machine in the volcano somewhere...

Atleast a "outtatime" license plate. I want this place to be filled with Easter eggs too. I saw a video of castaway key and it was so cool to see all the hidden statues and other crap in the snorkeling pool. Stuff like that is what I want

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think we're going to see amusement park rides. Maybe we get one amusement park style water ride or something but we're expecting a heavily themed water park.

My hope is that we will have water slide themes and not just a bland name. Using tubes (single/double/family) you could probably add some atmosphere and static figures like Popeye. If we could get some actual theming instead of a big yellow slide called "the minion" then I'd be more than happy. It would really make it heads and shoulders above over the competitors

The one style ride I want more than anything is a massive Proslide Hydromagnetic uphill water coaster...something close to the same size as Wildebeest or Mammoth at Splashin' Safari in Indiana. Build 'em big...they'll come.

I would doubt that when they are also adding new attractions to Wet N Wild. Just my opinion.

They could easily move some of those slides to the new waterpark. I think the WnW land will become either a hotel or a new citywalk.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that be awesome! Ihu's artwork actually had it on top of a mountain.
In any case, it would be awesome if they could do something like that but even higher :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.