New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they'll be busy funding money into their own water park?

With all of the other proposed hotels, indoor go karts, rapid transit lines, roller coaster hotels, mega malls etc planned or proposed for Idrive, it is becoming a destination in itself within Orlando and will feed off of UNI and Disney. Wet N Wild will always get some kind of foot traffic. Locals and tourist alot. Having two Water Parks would actually be okay within two destination, heavy traffic locations. Ease of access is the winner for Wet N Wild if anything.

Maybe in the future, yes. But Wet & Wild is going to require a whole lot of love ($$$) to make it a fit for the Universal Parks & Resorts brand. We can all agree that Universal is the leader in themed experiences right now... and the only theme that park has as of this moment is that it's wet and the slides are wild.

:lol: bah I cant help it, but I definitely agree. Besides blastaway beach there isn't really anything theme wise. I'm sure universal can fix it up to its standards if not turn it into something else

Black Hole, Disco H20, The Blast, and even Brain Wash to some extent are well-themed water slides IMO. While Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon have better overall theming as parks, they dont have the same individual theming like the slides at Wet N Wild do...slides with themed music, lighting packages, queue recordings, etc.

Black Hole, Disco H20, The Blast, and even Brain Wash to some extent are well-themed water slides IMO. While Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon have better overall theming as parks, they dont have the same individual theming like the slides at Wet N Wild do...slides with themed music, lighting packages, queue recordings, etc.

Agreed. I neer went wow at Wet N Wild as an overall park but the rides individual theming are a lot more fun than Typhoon and Blizzard.

For years I always wanted to go to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon, and I finally did one year and was disappointed because they were Half -day wter parks but came with so much hype. Actually outside of the lazy rivers, wave pools, it was a typical water park.

I Went to Wet N Wild disappointed and actually had a great time.

My only problem with Wet N Wild is the ghetto atmosphere there at times. But I think that is mostly because ease of access and price. Not a lot of people like water parks to begin with and they sure as hell aren't going way to Disney when Aquatica and Wet N Wild are down the street!

Which is exactly why I think UNI keeps Wet N Wild and Banks on having one on property

I just don't see two water parks in such close proximity to each other working. They would cannibalize each other. Typhoon and Blizzard work because they are on the complete separate sides of the property.

It just doesn't seem like a smart idea business wise when the WnW land could be used for something much better.

You guys have a point that the sheer size of WnW alone makes it cool but it's ghetto as hell at points like most water parks. It's also definitely not the same crowd as universal and Disney. Half the people that go there are locals so it's a very BG kind of atmosphere meaning Cletus and Joan can go anytime they want and it really shows (one time saw a mother bathing her kids with shampoo in the adventure island lazy river) it deserves a major update

I just don't see two water parks in such close proximity to each other working. They would cannibalize each other. Typhoon and Blizzard work because they are on the complete separate sides of the property.

It just doesn't seem like a smart idea business wise when the WnW land could be used for something much better.
WnW really attracts I-Drive folks and locals where WonderSea would attract Universal guests..In my opinion the clientele for the parks are different..I personally feel that WnW will not be around much longer, Uni clearly has big plans for Universal BLVD

I'll agree to disagree, then agree again. :lol:

So, a lot of people have been wondering if Universal needs another water park or if there's the demand for one. Last year, Wet and Wild attracted 1,259,000 people. With Cabana Bay now open, and with Royal Pacific receiving an approximately 1000 room expansion/sister resort next door, the new water park would have about 2,800 rooms within walking distance, which comes out to a maximum of about 3,416,000 people* within walking distance over the year.

Clearly, Uni would have a lot of need for a water park to draw their guests in.

*I got this by finding the maximum if each room was booked solid with the max amount of people per room for the entire year, then assumed a 72% occupancy level. In that case, I multiplied the max by .72 to find the above number. I honestly have no idea what Uni's capacity numbers are, so I may be low/highballing it. Still, even if it was halved, you'd still have 1,700,000 people per year right next door.

Status
Not open for further replies.