New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're putting hotels at the current WnW location, perhaps Uni is negotiating their deal with Loews for the remaining unused plot still on resort property. "Hey, we'll trade you one hotel here for two or three there, etc."

From what I understand, WnW is going to become a multi hotel, shopping, dining, and entertainment complex connected to the existing resort via monorail.

I just don't see the space for multiple hotels, even tower structures, when you factor in parking, any extra conference space, monorail/transportation point, etc. Even including the parking lot and service area, it just doesn't seem like enough land for more than one hotel.

I just don't see the space for multiple hotels, even tower structures, when you factor in parking, any extra conference space, monorail/transportation point, etc. Even including the parking lot and service area, it just doesn't seem like enough land for more than one hotel.

Yup. Unless they're buying the entire area around thee park, the room for that is not there.

IMO the old park becomes parking, the old parking area becomes a new park, and we're done.

All Lowe's hotels on Uni property currently have parking garages, no? Those definitely save space for the parking and they seem to hide them well within the design of the hotels so far, so I could see it.

I love how you all say Wet N Wild is ghetto. By any other Waterpark in the United States standards, it's a top tier park. The fact that it is in Orlando nearby to the three most visited waterparks in the world(which I may add are all much newer that WnW) is what truly brings its reputation down.

I call it "ghetto" partly because it's unthemed, just a white concrete expanse. But over the past decade its clientele has developed a reputation as well, as the nice hotels shut down along north I-Drive and crime skyrocketed. A shame, the name is historic, but probably best to retire it at this point.

You're right. Portofino has a small one.

Portofino has a multistory parking garage, I have parked in it multiple times. I posted a link to where the top level goes under the roundabout, but the garage is under all of that. Here is the link and you can see the arrow pointing to basically where that transition to covered parking is, you can see the driveway from the roundabout.

I've seen guests breast feeding on benches at both WDW and UOR. It's really not that unusual...:lol:

Lol yep!

My last visit to Blizzard Beach earlier this year I saw not only a breast feeding woman near the Wavepool, but a lady changing her kids poopy diaper on the ground right near the Wavepool entry! Eew!

Do plans actually exist for a new Universal water park, or is all this speculation that's well ahead of the curve? Clearly, Universal has shown that they're willing to spend the money and raise the Theme Park bar. It certainly would make sense for them to extend their efforts to include a high end water park experience to compete head-on-head with the Disney offerings. But it seems like the only concrete information here is Universal taking over Wet n Wild. What else is actually known?

Do plans actually exist for a new Universal water park, or is all this speculation that's well ahead of the curve? Clearly, Universal has shown that they're willing to spend the money and raise the Theme Park bar. It certainly would make sense for them to extend their efforts to include a high end water park experience to compete head-on-head with the Disney offerings. But it seems like the only concrete information here is Universal taking over Wet n Wild. What else is actually known?

A new water park is something that has been tossed around for a long time by Universal. I can't really see them going in any other direction.

Since this has been rumored for so long, I would think that they most likely have multiple planned options: 1. Building totally new. 2. Re-using/Re-theming WnW where it stands. 3. Using any slides/parts they want and relocating to a different location. Maybe next to Cabana bay??

Since this has been rumored for so long, I would think that they most likely have multiple planned options: 1. Building totally new. 2. Re-using/Re-theming WnW where it stands. 3. Using any slides/parts they want and relocating to a different location. Maybe next to Cabana bay??

Since the site next to Cabana Bay keeps coming up I just want to toss this out there.

Read through the Loews contract that made Cabana Bay possible. It earmarks that land for hotel #5, which will be another Loews branded hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.