New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the site next to Cabana Bay keeps coming up I just want to toss this out there.

Read through the Loews contract that made Cabana Bay possible. It earmarks that land for hotel #5, which will be another Loews branded hotel.
It is supposed to be a smaller ultra high end "boutique" hotel.

Wait what about this high-end boutique hotel? We are talking about the land that will be between I-4 and the end of Cabana when CBBR is done, right?

Wait what about this high-end boutique hotel? We are talking about the land that will be between I-4 and the end of Cabana when CBBR is done, right?

There are two more expansion areas listed in the Loews contract. Hotel #5 is between CBBR and RPR where the construction trailers are right now. Hotel #6 is the unused bit of land down at the end of CBBR (boxed in by CBBR, I4 and a Loews support building). It is specified that hotel #6 land could also be used to expand CBBR instead of a new hotel.

I'll take the Silverscreen resort. That or the Egyptian one they were supposed to build instead of Royal Pacific. I like the exotic themed hotels. Why not build the super high-end one and drop the middle 3 a little bit more. The more people onsite, the better. You just have to watch the Express system.

Well if Universal ever does a brand-new totally water-themed 3rd gate, these would be great lands:

Amity
Bikini Bottom (unlikely since they just opened the store)
Waterworld
Lost Continent (fully realized version of IOA area)
Tropical Paradise

You could even put a new Toon Lagoon-style area so that Transylvania or Nintendo could have TL's space. Not to mention Wonka could replace LC without actually replacing it

I've seen guests breast feeding on benches at both WDW and UOR. It's really not that unusual...:lol:

And this is perfectly legal in the state of Florida. Just sayin'.

Why couldn't Uni just do a major overhaul of WnW? I know it needs it, and now that we own the land, why not? There will be plenty of time to do some big work after the Christmas holidays are over, or maybe it could just be shut down in early November for about 6 months. Don't know why it would have to move.

I am not a water park person, and the only ones in the area I've been to are WnW and the defunct Water Mania on 192. What I hated about WnW was the lack of shade.

Why couldn't Uni just do a major overhaul of WnW? I know it needs it, and now that we own the land, why not? There will be plenty of time to do some big work after the Christmas holidays are over, or maybe it could just be shut down in early November for about 6 months. Don't know why it would have to move.

Because it's boxed in pretty badly. There's no room for growth or any significant theming upgrades.

Based on HTF's late night tweet on the subject, this seems like a good time to bring this thread up to date. The indication is that Wondersea Island is the official name of Universal's new water park, targeted at a 2016 opening. With an indication of an undersea Despicable Me themed attraction, will this be just the first of many themes for the new water park?

I just posted in the Stash in hopes everyone will bring the Water Park talk over here.

What we think we know based on HTF's Tweets:
-The Park Will be called "Wonder Sea Island"
-The park will cost 4 times as much as Aquatica did
-Despicable Me and a beach will be involved somehow (although the beach tweeted was deleted)
-2016 is the opening date

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlandoParks
Where could we see this going, I personally cant see it replacing wnw, would think it be placed next to cabana bay ? Only plot left and near enough to the parking garages aswell,

Status
Not open for further replies.