Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 291 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok. Must not be to scale then. Seems strange going to the trouble of creating a layout that isn't to scale. I mean look at kirbys play area, it's no bigger than moes...

I mean theoretically yes you could fit everything in there like that if that truely was to scale, but everything would be almost comically small. Don't get me wrong I would love to see all of that happen...

Moe's marked on the diagram is Moe's + all of FFB.

Ok. Must not be to scale then. Seems strange going to the trouble of creating a layout that isn't to scale. I mean look at kirbys play area, it's no bigger than moes...

I mean theoretically yes you could fit everything in there like that if that truely was to scale, but everything would be almost comically small. Don't get me wrong I would love to see all of that happen...

Moe's marked on the diagram is Moe's + all of FFB.
Exactly, so that's not just Moe's Tavern that's the whole food court with the food stands and registers and seating and everything.

Sorry I guys I just think it's wishful thinking to get all of that stuff in there. I truly hope I'm proven wrong. Half of that would be mind blowing.

Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Peaches Castle, and Yoshi will be apart of the final product, from what it seems. As @Joe said, the original pitch could be what they are still going with for Orlando, but at this point with concept art for Osaka; I doubt it, as two years can lead to many changes.

To think about it, on Mario Kart and Donkey Kong; if they are more improved upon for the final product from the Original pitch, then I am going to be amazed on Universal's attempt.

Except it's not just mario kart, there's 4 rides proposed in that footprint.

Edit: but if they have to pick one of the four please let it be Mario kart! Lol

back-to-the-future-christopher-lloyd-filma-ar-L-c7Ok2Q.jpeg

Marty, you're not thinking 4th dimensionally

I don't know how anyone is reading this, but I seem to recall that the ET talk started when it was mentioned that UOR wanted to add Yoshi.

To me, it sounds like wherever they were at in the design phase used all the land that was mapped in the original push and then someone figured they could place Yoshi where ET is and create a bigger land.

That is how I see things...I mean, I guess one could assume Yoshi instead of Zelda, but that really does not seem in line with what insiders have been saying.

Except it's not just mario kart, there's 4 rides proposed in that footprint.

Edit: but if they have to pick one of the four please let it be Mario kart! Lol

These plans were 100% real. They were the original pitch and the starting point for the land we'll eventually see. Something's were taken out, some were added. But I can assure you they're legit.

As for the renewed rumors of ET biting it, who knows. Seems like it's gone back and forth a few times. But the back half of KidZone should close this year after HHN

I hope they keep the Woody Woodpeckers nuthouse coasters. Move it I've next to Simpsons and retheme it to a Simpsons ride. I think it's good for the kids even if it's small
Do they have the room for this? If so, that would certainly be a welcome addition to come online right before they close animal actors and the front half of kidzone. It would also fit the theme perfectly- an exposed coaster in Krustyland.

Also:

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
Now while plans have certainly changed, something to add to the whole "There's no room for all the attractions".

If there's something I've learned in the theme park industry, is that "There's no room" is often false. You have to be incredibly specific on how there is no room for it to ring true, though still, that can be proven wrong as well!

Theme parks and manufacturers can get pretty creative in shoehorning what they want into parks, just look at boardwalk parks like Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Morey's Piers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Gröna Lund etc. Time and time again one may think there's no room for new attractions, yet they find ways to put them in. Often times they're stacking rides on top of buildings/each other, or going underground.

Considering the plans for SNW is to be multi-level, I have no doubt they would've been able to squeeze in everything from the old plans since building up or down is a prime way to fit multiple attractions.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Do they have the room for this? If so, that would certainly be a welcome addition to come online right before they close animal actors and the front half of kidzone. It would also fit the theme perfectly- an exposed coaster in Krustyland.

Also:

Wow, that's pretty crazy.. does that mean we're clear to post images directly to the board @Brian G. ?

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Wow, that's pretty crazy.. does that mean we're clear to post images directly to the board @Brian G. ?

Right?

@Disneyhead was the only one here who said it was a direct leak- which others claimed to know nothing about it being direct.
So Universal clearly wanted it out there public. But why?
If they don't surpass this concept art, it'd be a very dumb move. That makes me a little more excited.

Considering the plans for SNW is to be multi-level, I have no doubt they would've been able to squeeze in everything from the old plans since building up or down is a prime way to fit multiple attractions.

The Orlando parks have often struggled to use vertical space in design due to not being able to go underground due to Florida's high water table, but a lot of parks have been doing stuff like this for a long time. It's going to be exciting to see how Universal pulls this off, especially considering how little space they have at the existing parks for expansion. Could open up a lot of possibilities

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn