Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 525 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pokemon for USF
Zelda for IOA
Mario and Kong (Donkey) for New Park

Seems like a plan

I don't like the idea of having the different IPs spread around to each park. It'll be cool to have just one Nintendo Park. I didn't mind with Harry Potter because of the addition of the Hogwarts express.

Reactions: BrenRays
I don't like the idea of having the different IPs spread around to each park. It'll be cool to have just one Nintendo Park. I didn't mind with Harry Potter because of the addition of the Hogwarts express.
My only counter argument would be 1) It makes financial sense, and 2) They are kinda sorta in different universes I guess haha

I think going all in on Nintendo is a mistake. A nice attraction or two is fine. Beyond that..Not good. Minions is fun, but an entire land? Questionable. Sell it in Asia first.

Last edited:
I think going all in on Nintendo is a mistake. A nice attraction or two is fine. Beyond that..Not good. Minions is fun, but an entire land? Questionable

Yeah, I think some parks have forgotten that you don't necessarily need a whole area. I think Diagon and Pandora are masterpieces that set a new standard for themed areas, however, I think individual rides can be just as good depending on the property.

Reactions: Ridgepole
If it were up to me, I would simply do it like this.

Kidzone: Splatoon dueling shooting coaster, Pikmin and Animal Crossing playground, Donkey Kong Country
LC: Fire Emblem half near Potter and Kirby half near Seuss
New Park: Super Nintendo World, Pokemon, Zelda; and combine Metroid into a land with Universal's other space IPs.
New Citywalk: Sushi Striker Dinner Theater show and shop, Brain Age Challenge

The layouts for LC and KZ limit the amount of sales you could do for big name interactive gear such as Sheik Slate (Zelda) and Pokedex (Pokemon). Making a land with winding paths and hidden paths only found on those devices and that interact with it brings in way more money and won't require totally reforming pathways etc in those other two areas. Also the more space you have with Zelda, you can also make secret areas that require the Ocarina to be purchased to interact

Last edited:
Just not convinced a game platform is/has wide appeal. Who is buying tickets, staying in hotels, the iconic IPs are the way to go. Uni must decide who they are drawing and who are paying for it. The ugly truth.

If it were up to me, I would simply do it like this.

Kidzone: Splatoon dueling shooting coaster, Pikmin and Animal Crossing playground, Donkey Kong Country
LC: Fire Emblem half near Potter and Kirby half near Seuss
New Park: Super Nintendo World, Pokemon, Zelda; and combine Metroid into a land with Universal's other space IPs.
New Citywalk: Sushi Striker Dinner Theater show and shop, Brain Age Challenge

The layouts for LC and KZ limit the amount of sales you could do for big name interactive gear such as Sheik Slate (Zelda) and Pokedex (Pokemon). Making a land with winding paths and hidden paths only found on those devices and that interact with it brings in way more money and won't require totally reforming pathways etc in those other two areas. Also the more space you have with Zelda, you can also make secret areas that require the Ocarina to be purchased to interact

Great, so you want Universal to turn into the EA of theme parks? ;)

Just not convinced a game platform is/has wide appeal. Who is buying tickets, staying in hotels, the iconic IPs are the way to go. Uni must decide who they are drawing and who are paying for it. The ugly truth.

Is this in reference to Mario, Pokémon, or Nintendo in general?