Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Looks and sounds incredible. The visuals we should get on this ride should be something extraordinary. Can't wait to see how it all comes together! Now just dying for some leaks or more concept art haha. Wonderful work @Alicia !

I know its likely FAR to early to make a statement like this but Epic Universe could easily become the best Orlando park when it opens in 2023. Seems like a lot of rides that mostly everyone can enjoy minus the dueling coaster, maybe DK although I don't think we know how "intense" thats gonna be, Monsters Ride, and maybe the FB ones? Other than that, rides that are accessible to the masses. Damn this ride and park are truly next level.

I know its likely FAR to early to make a statement like this but Epic Universe could easily become the best Orlando park when it opens in 2023. Seems like a lot of rides that mostly everyone can enjoy minus the dueling coaster, maybe DK although I don't think we know how "intense" thats gonna be, Monsters Ride, and maybe the FB ones? Other than that, rides that are accessible to the masses. Damn this ride and park are truly next level.

Actually, every ride here should be relatively friendly for the entire family. The dueling coaster seems very similar to West Coast Racers out in California, and that's an intense family coaster. It's not a thrill coaster. DK is completely a family coaster. The Monsters ride is like FJ, and that's friendly as long as you don't get motion sickness. The FB rides are all family friendly. There's nothing here that's Hulk/Velocicoaster/Doctor Doom level thrill.

Actually, every ride here should be relatively friendly for the entire family. The dueling coaster seems very similar to West Coast Racers out in California, and that's an intense family coaster. It's not a thrill coaster. DK is completely a family coaster. The Monsters ride is like FJ, and that's friendly as long as you don't get motion sickness. The FB rides are all family friendly. There's nothing here that's Hulk/Velocicoaster/Doctor Doom level thrill.
I think you're right about everything except Monsters, I think thats rumored to be listed as a thrill ride and a mix of FJ and Haunted Mansion but on steroids. Likely more intense than Forbidden Journey if I had to venture a guess.

I think you're right about everything except Monsters, I think thats rumored to be listed as a thrill ride and a mix of FJ and Haunted Mansion but on steroids. Likely more intense than Forbidden Journey if I had to venture a guess.

FJ isn't really intense, IMO. Not on the level of Hulk at least. It's more or less a simulator that actually moves around physical sets.

FJ isn't really intense, IMO. Not on the level of Hulk at least. It's more or less a simulator that actually moves around physical sets.
Right but I think this version of the FJ ride system is rumored to be more intense. Kinda like the next level of FJ if that makes sense. At least thats how I've interpreted the rumors.

Just to think, Epic Universe should have three or four attractions of this caliber (including Mario Kart of course). This is going to be insane.
Yeah, the sheer fact that Alicia said her most anticipated attractions were FB when MK will be there is just making me so hyped

Yes but the newer version of the ride system used is much more thrill oriented and is the one they’re expected to use

(sorry, forgot one post only! Could someone combine this and the last post pls?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the sheer fact that Alicia said her most anticipated attractions were FB when MK will be there is just making me so hyped
Hm must’ve missed where she said this? That’s exciting though. I could see a Ministry tower ride being stunning, dark ride portions like Tower of Terror to go from scene to scene, then thrill elements where you drop, oh could be amazing if that’s the 2nd ride. Imagine dropping and landing in the London Ministry of Magic

Hm must’ve missed where she said this? That’s exciting though. I could see a Ministry tower ride being stunning, dark ride portions like Tower of Terror to go from scene to scene, then thrill elements where you drop, oh could be amazing if that’s the 2nd ride. Imagine dropping and landing in the London Ministry of Magic

I believe a couple of insiders ruled out any possibility of the 2nd FB ride being a tower ride. The first ride is a coaster/shooter hybrid, so I'd imagine that the second ride will be an omnimover.

I believe a couple of insiders ruled out any possibility of the 2nd FB ride being a tower ride. The first ride is a coaster/shooter hybrid, so I'd imagine that the second ride will be an omnimover.
I thought they said the second ride was flat out unknown (not ruling out the tower but not pointing to it either). Either way I’m very excited!

Watched Alicia's video. Holy chuck knuckles this sounds AMAZING!

Basically, this is going to be MIB on steroids. I'm excited to see how it unfolds but I have two concerns: 1) Not super excited about another ride where we have to wear goggles. 2) This kind of reide demands elevation changes as there apparently aren't any in the layout. Both of those depend on execution. If they can pull it off (Which I'm sure they will) then great!

Well, there seems to be a drop at the end right? In the early concept art looks like we go down a hill a little bit to get to the finish line. Now “drop” may not be the right word but you see what I’m saying.