One Big Announcement vs Several Small Ones? | Inside Universal Forums

One Big Announcement vs Several Small Ones?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 31, 2010
Tampa, FL
Right now Universal has a replacement for T2:3D, The Harry Potter Coaster, rumors about replacing the Lost Continent, replacing KidZone, replacing Fear Factor Live, another theme park soon, and probably many other things coming soon.

Do you think they'll do a big media blitz with this, or just announce all of these slowly. They don't have a D23 style event, but I wonder how they'll do this.

Right now Universal has a replacement for T2:3D, The Harry Potter Coaster, rumors about replacing the Lost Continent, replacing KidZone, replacing Fear Factor Live, another theme park soon, and probably many other things coming soon.

Do you think they'll do a big media blitz with this, or just announce all of these slowly. They don't have a D23 style event, but I wonder how they'll do this.

Over time. Universal won't announce everything at the same time. You want social media to react every so often. You don't want one day of OMG LOOK WHAT THEY ARE BUILDING, you want multiple.

Disney does that in D23 because you expect them too. It's too late for Disney to not have D23 be the "announcement" center.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Several smaller ones, doing the smallest first and building excitement until you reach the climax of the big announcement. Sigh, good marketing is a lot like sex :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like they did back in 2012 with their "Year to be Here" announcement. They announced all the additions coming that year in one webcast:

2012 is the "year to be here" at Universal Orlando Resort (updated with video)
Personally, I think it would be really good for them to do a "Towards Thirty Years" announcement/event (or something like that), announcing the T2:3D replacement, sharing more details on the HP coaster, and mentioning the VB expansion or whatever else they have in the works for 2020.

The other possible projects at the current resort - FFL, Kidzone, and LC - are too far in the future (2021 or beyond) to be announced or discussed right now, save for the possible blog post about an impending closure.

The third park/fourth gate is even farther in the future, and I would be surprised to get even a name or initial concept for a least a few years; construction will probably be well underway when they finally start talking about the new park around 2021.