Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Oogie Boogie Bash

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
The Halloween party officially moves to DCA:

Trick or treat! Disneyland Resort is bringing a new event to guests of all ages this Halloween season: Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventurepark. This separate-ticket party treats guests to multiple new experiences that are fun for the entire family, from the new “World of Color” spectacular – “Villainous!,” to an interactive “Descendants”-inspired dance party, a stage show with Mickey Mouse, and a mysterious Disney villains walk-through experience.

Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will add to the fun of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, celebrated from Sept. 6 through Oct. 31, 2019.

Highlights of the new separate-ticket event include:

• “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
  • Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek will be tricked out in a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
  • Immersive Treat Trails – Enjoy trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
  • DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. As the DescenDancebegins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films.
  • “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The guest-favorite parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
  • Mickey’s Trick and Treat show – Perfect for young guests, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
  • Character encounters – Meet beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings!
Take note of these important dates and mark your calendars:

• April 23: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders
  • April 30: Tickets on sale to general public
  • Oogie Boogie Bash 2019 dates: Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 22, Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Sept. 29, Oct. 1, Oct. 3, Oct. 6, Oct. 8, Oct. 10, Oct. 13, Oct. 15, Oct. 17, Oct. 20, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 27, Oct. 29 and Oct. 31
Entry to Disney California Adventure park before the party is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket. The after-hours party begins at 6 p.m. PT and you will have the opportunity to play in the park for three hours before the event starts on Tuesday and Thursday nights (excluding Oct. 29 and Oct. 31) or four hours on Sunday nights, plus Oct. 29 and Oct. 31.

Tickets for the new Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party* may be purchased online, as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4636. Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event. Parking is not included in the ticket price, and parking fees will apply. Entertainment and attractions are subject to change without notice. Guests may visit the site for additional details.

For more information and tickets to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at the Disneyland Resort, visitDisneyland.com/HalloweenParty.

*The number of tickets available are limited and valid only for the specific event date and hours. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, per event date. Tickets not required for Guests ages 2 and under. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be resold or transferred for a commercial purpose. Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines athttps://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dressfor restrictions. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.

New Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party Coming to Disney California Adventure Park, Tickets on Sale Beginning Next Week | Disney Parks Blog

This move is good for crowd control. When Disneyland closes early for the event, a bunch of people park hop into DCA and it gets packed. Since DCA is a smallish park it has a hard time handling the mass of people. By reversing things and having DCA be the park that closes early for the event, the park hoppers will go into Disneyland which has more capacity to absorb the people.

I'm not too familiar with DL's Halloween party.

But, this DCA party doesn't really sound that great. A new show (that's cool), a slight retheme of a kid's play area that's already way too crowded, candy, and some dance parties? I feel like Not-So-Scary offers more, maybe?

I'm not too familiar with DL's Halloween party.

But, this DCA party doesn't really sound that great. A new show (that's cool), a slight retheme of a kid's play area that's already way too crowded, candy, and some dance parties? I feel like Not-So-Scary offers more, maybe?
Mickey's Halloween Party (different than Not-So-Scary) actually offered quite a bit less, IMO. They had the parade and fireworks show and treat trails...but that was about it.

This seems like a poor value proposition at the moment.

California Adventure is a less desirable park - no other way to say it. No real Oogie Boogie presence in the park the party is taking place at. If you're going to do it at DCA, you need to do Disneyfied haunted house, i.e. Hong Kong Disneyland; it's already the more "adult" park in terms of ride menu, alcohol availability, and public perception. There's also very little way to add value to the party without it.

(There are also plenty of venues - two spare buildings in Hollywoodland alone.)

Anyway, yeah, that World of Color pitch sounds dreadful and way too plot-heavy. A little "villain" in all of us? What? Just give us villain numbers.

They would probably have to cut the rides and entry to star wars off pretty early just to clear the crowds and they could probably have Disneyland open till midnight anyways on most nights when DCA may have closed at 9. It increases the potential capacity of the resort for the year overall when crowds are going to be huge. It may not be the better Halloween experience but if its the best way to handle crowds and capacity overall it's probably a good thing.

Last edited:
They would probably have to cut the rides and entry to star wars off pretty early just to cleat the crowds and they could probably have Disneyland open till midnight anyways on most nights when DCA may have closed at 9. It increases the potential capacity of the resort for the year overall when crowds are going to be huge. It may not be the better Halloween experience but if its the best way to handle crowds and capacity overall it's probably a good thing.

Oh yeah, logistically this makes all of the sense. I just don't think there's enough value to the party to justify the separately ticketed event; you're asking people to purchase a 1 day, 1 park ticket to DCA with reduced hours. There's a reason the special Disneyland after hours events sold out within a few weeks... while they're still aggressively promoting the "Super Hero Nights" at DCA.

I suspect this fails/underperforms. If they added some haunt elements... I bet it'd sell out.

I'm almost wanting to ask, could this be the first year that HMH doesn't come back, in part to Galaxy's Edge? If I'm not mistaken, usually when they do the Halloween event announcement; that and Ghost Galaxy are represented.

I'm almost wanting to ask, could this be the first year that HMH doesn't come back, in part to Galaxy's Edge? If I'm not mistaken, usually when they do the Halloween event announcement; that and Ghost Galaxy are represented.

I can see them keeping it or maybe they'll just delay it and roll it out with their Christmas holiday overlay.

I can see them keeping it or maybe they'll just delay it and roll it out with their Christmas holiday overlay.

Part of me wonders, if they may actually not have them this year. Primarily, as the largest investment in the parks history, will be most likely a thing that rolls out over the course of 2019, and that they may not want to allienate guests from thinking that the particular overlay (HMH, Holiday Small World, Ghost Galaxy) is the actual attraction of their respected original's.

I'd hate it if that were something Disney wanted to do, but I can see them pulling the trigger in favor of potentially giving DCA the rumored Radiator Springs Racers Halloween refresh.

If they still decorated DCA for Halloween before the event was there I'm sure they would keep stuff in Disneyland too. The park still favors locals and its another way to entice people to come back.

If they still decorated DCA for Halloween before the event was there I'm sure they would keep stuff in Disneyland too. The park still favors locals and its another way to entice people to come back.

And yet, the hotels are booking like hotcakes with Galaxy's Edge, and they are likely going to be expecting a high turnaround for a long range of period. It could be a play for Disney to keep the original park's image intact for GE (even if they add Halloween decorations throughout the park).

I also do think, if they are wanting to put that amount of money into a DCA Halloween event, Monsters After Dark (which, strangely; was missing as-well), a Radiator Springs Racers themed update for the season (as rumored), Villainous (which..meh), and expanding upon that decorations could be a way to pull people away from GE.

I think Disney is going to be doing everything they can even in Disneyland to pull people away from Galaxy's Edge. They just don't have enough hotels and tourists as a percentage of the overall audience that intentionally not doing things or limiting services makes them more money like in Orlando.

This announced was only in regards to DCA. Disneyland still has plans to do HMH, Ghost Galaxy and seasonal fireworks last I checked.

I would be totally okay with taking a break from HMH for one year. That gives me more time to enjoy classic HM. We only get to enjoy it five or six months out of the year.

I really wanted DCA to have a scarier halloween event while DL has Not So Scary. I guess I’ll have to wait a little longer lol. The new offering are ok but not for that price point.